mrniceguy215 is offline Banned

oral syringe measurement how it really works?

okay so i am trying to figure out how the measurement on the oral syringes really works. the mouth of the syringe has about a cm of liquid to fill before your able to measure out to the 1 or 2 or 3 mark. i have been pulling my liquid then taking the mouth out of the research chemical and pulling in more air. that little cm at the mouth of the syringe that fills up with liquid before any measurement is readable is actually almost close to a whole single measurement. so my question is do i go by how much is reading on the syringe plus that almost extra 1 worth in the mouth of the syringe? or should i keep doing what im doing and pulling in more air and getting a measurement of liquid that is readable to my dosing with out the mouth of the syringe being full?

sirupate is offline Member
    Good question and I don't know the answer. I've never tried to be completely precise in my oral dosages.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Syringes start the measurement from the bottom of the barrel of the syringe. If you get what is in the tip you are getting more than has been measured. When you squirt the liquid in your mouth the liquid that is in the tip will stay there as long as you don't push the plunger down super hard

sixoner is offline Member
    there is no 1,2, or 3 mark on that oral syringe

there is a decimal before the numbers indicating tenths of 1(one)ML. the syringe is graduated into tenths of 1ML the highest measurement is 1(one)ML the rest of the measurements are:
    .1(one tenth of one ml)
    .2 (two tenths of one ml)
    .3 (three tenths of one ml)
    .4 (four tenths of one ml)
    .5(five tenths of one ml)
    .6 (six tenths of one ml)
    .7 (seven tenths of one ml)
    .8 (eight tenths of one ml)
    .9 (nine tenths of one ml)
    1ml (one ml) full syringe

submerge the tip of the syringe into the fluid and draw back till the fluid level is at whichever mark you are dosing with no air gaps within the syringe and your measurement will be accurate the syringe already compensates for the amount before the marks

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    it doesnt though. if you take all the fluid out of the syringe incuding the liquid that is in the tip your dosage will be close to one DECIMAL more. if you dont use the fluid thats in the tip and it stays in there than your dosage is correct. if you draw back once you have you dose so there is no liquid in the tip you will have more of the fluid.

sixoner is offline Member
    well there you go..whatevers clever bro use whichever method youre comfortable with. usually if you don't have an air gap/bubbles within the syringe the small amount will remain in the tip that little less tenth of a ML can either be chalked up to the price of doing business as transfer waste or a little extra, whichever. its all good

Thread Information