Athlete127 is offline Member

My pre-workout reviews

I've tried a few pre workouts and I'll give you my thoughts.

C4 Extreme. Loved this stuff at first. Small scoops, great flavor. (orange and fruit punch) Energy, pump, focus. Gave me that tingle sensation! Got immune after 1 and a half jugs of it...

Assault. I wanted this stuff bad after the reviews I was reading. Bought it, gave it a try. Flavor was pretty good, the scoops were HUGE though, and hard to mix. I took this from my dorm and walked to the weight room on campus. I felt like a million bucks walking there. I was literally in the zone. I got to the weight room, 5 minutes of working out and I was DEAD...

Dark Rage by MHP-NASTY taste. The only thing this supplement really did was give me great focus. The energy was ok, just not what I am looking for. I ended up returning it.

Hemo Rage Black-This stuff has a really good taste. I have been doing 1 scoop for a couple weeks and I already feel like I am losing the feel of it. It gives me solid energy, but awesome focus and pretty solid pumps. I may bump to 2 scoops even though there are warnings not to.

Jack3d-I haven't consistently taken jack3d to be honest with you, or even worked out with it. I took it before a football game twice and it gave me great energy, so I may buy some next. Which flavor taste best?

Also, which other pre workouts do you all recommend?

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm currently on Jack3d and I take the grape flavor, lemon is ok too. I plan on trying BPI 1.M.R in another month or so.........good luck

Six
    Six is offline New Member
    Im really looking for Muscletech's Neurocore to come out this week. Cant wait to give that a try.
    Last edited by Six; 07-01-2011 at 07:06 PM.

I think I may get some Neurocore tomorrow at GNC. Rather than jack3d.

Six
    Six is offline New Member
    Let us know how you like it.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    I have been using Millenium Sport Ragnarok. The first tub was fantastic. Great energy, pumps, focus. I am on second tub of the stuff and I guess I am starting to get immune. Thinking of trying something else for a few weeks and then going back to this. Oh... in my opinion it tastes disgusting.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Big fan of SuperPump Max. The old 250 gave me some stomach issues, but max is awesome. Great pumps and focus.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Big fan of SuperPump Max. The old 250 gave me some stomach issues, but max is awesome. Great pumps and focus.
    that stuff crippled me, hated it. some seem to do ok on it though. i like Size On funnily enough. gaspari advertising has to be the worst BS ever lol

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    I'm currently on Jack3d and I take the grape flavor, lemon is ok too. I plan on trying BPI 1.M.R in another month or so.........good luck
    I tried 1 MR and it gave me a good amount of energy but the crash is pretty harsh.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have been taking a preworkout supp called "Noxipro" for a few months now and really like the stuff! It's basically a more potent Jack3d and cost a little less as well. It gets my vote for BEST preworkout supp.

jpowell is offline Banned

by far the best

evogen is by far the best ive experienced. focus, energy, endurance, no jitter over excitement. u can get the pre/post for 100$ or just the pre n use as both. tub usually last 22 days at 2 scoops daily.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    **** all that. caffine pills on amazon ftw.

DubVwrestler171 is offline New Member
    Muscletechs nuerocore is what I'm currently taking. Focus is amazing!!! Energy levels are just as good as jacked, but I usually get my energy from carbs. The pump isn't that great. The taste is Okay, only one flavor. Fruit punch.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    I am taking a break from pre-workout stims for a week or two. I have began taking this powder called Fatigued to Fantastic. http://www.endfatigue.com/store/prod.../berry-splash/ along with 1000 to 1500 mg of L-Tyrosine. I mix this with carb powder and protein powder. My workouts haven't suffered at all. This combo gives me a decent amount of energy. I think I was using the pre-workout stims for way too long.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    I've only ever used one pre-workout and that is the GNC brand BeyondRaw Ravage. I like it and definitely notice the difference when I workout with it and without.

Charly Rivers is offline Junior Member
    No Explode 2.0 Work great for me also test drive before training

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    white flood is hands down my favorite and ive tried a TON. i only recently tried it. bsn's new hyper fx is my second favorite, the focus is insane

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody
    Great product ! ....1MR is my choice, great energy,pumps and focus taste is good (blue raspberry) and you need very little scoops ! $$$ tho, wait for a sale.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Rivers
    No Explode 2.0 Work great for me also test drive before training
    NO explode , makes my ass Explode 10min after i take it!!!

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    Great product ! ....1MR is my choice, great energy,pumps and focus taste is good (blue raspberry) and you need very little scoops ! $$$ tho, wait for a sale.
    have you tried many PWO's bro? i thought 1mr was pretty awful compared to other top pwo's.. jack3d isnt very highly regarded on my list either lol. have you tried white flood or the new hyper fx? those are phenomenal. c4 and assault arent bad either

sixshooter is offline New Member
    I hated the taste of 1MR! I likes jack3d as far as taste an it's not as gritty as N.O.-explode. The new Hyper-FX is good but taste like it has black pepper in it. I mixed my N.O.-Explode with the hyper-fx and really liked that but look out when you mix it up because it fizzes up! Don't mix them unless you like that buzzing feeling because it is a lot so I would try one scoop first to see how it makes you feel.

Twin is offline Associate Member
    I took 1mr and it did taste bad. And I felt the same as i did with like a redbull as far as energy goes

Jack3d taste is decent( i took 3 servings) and i feel like an animal! i love it when i take it.

C4 is a good taste and i did feel good energy from it(i took 2 servings). I also felt like an animal...

so far C4 and jack3d are tied. I'll have to give C4 another try. before i make my decision.

i only use preworkouts like once every other week. I do this only on days where i get like 5-6 hours of sleep and need the extra boost

ThirstyJ is offline New Member
    I highly recommend No-Xplode. I'm usually quite skeptical when trying a new product, but I must admit my workouts are definitely noticeably better when I take it. Just took a few days to get used to the itchy face right after taking it.

N.O XPLODE 2.0- Taste is pretty gross, because it taste like a carbonated drink almost. The pump is AMAZING, good energy too. I really like 2.0

1MR- Taste is pretty gross also, energy is ok, but I can tell you 1 scoop won't do it like it says. I feel like it is a watered down version of jack3d

Hyper FX- Fruit punch is ok, blue raspberry pretty good... Energy, focus and pump all pretty solid. One of my favorite pre workouts at the moment.

However, I am using jack3d green apple at the moment. 3 scoops :P

Thread Information