Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    doby48 is offline Female Member

Diabetic Sample Diet

Please keep in mind that all diabetics or individuals with any type of medical condition should consult with their doctors and/or dieticians before changing their food intake. I am posting a sample diet below of what works for me as a diabetic. And a little background information for new diabetics or for those who deal with diabetics on a regular basis.

The first thing is to get a good healthy base diet and make subtle modifications from there.

Fat Intake
    Make sure you are eating a lower fat and sodium diet similar to that of non-diabetics.

Carbohydrates
    Here is where you really need to pay attention since this is what basically regulates your blood levels. When changing a diet be sure to really stick close to monitoring your blood sugar levels, and even increase the number of times per day that you check your levels. It is a good idea to check just before a workout too so you don't have problems during your workout after your body has kicked into high gear.

Simple Carbs such as sucrose, glucose or fructose, or food like candies, cakes, juices, non-diet soda, jelly, etc. should be avoided completely if possible or at least eaten in very very small quantities. The reason for this is because they are rapidly absorbed and digested causing a sudden surge in your blood sugar which can cause problems. If you have a sweet tooth, then get some sugar free candies. There have been major imporvements to these in the last couple of years and the major chocolate companys now sell them as well. (Hersheys has sugar free chocolate bars & Reeses has sugar free peanut butter cups). Try to keep those at a minimum as well, but they will work to satisfy a sweet tooth without messing with your blood sugar levels.

Complex Carbs (including fiber) such as whole wheat or whole grain breads, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, beans, oats and veggies. Should be increased quite a bit over what a non-diabetic eats. These carbs are slowely absorbed and digested and helps to keep sugar levels stable for the most part. The best clean diets will consisist of high fiber foods and veggies. However, there are still differences to a diabetics diet over that of a non-diabetic with regards to complex carb intake.

Ok, onto some sample diet. Keep in mind this is structured for diabetics and has increased complex carbs as is essential in regulating blood sugar. I have personally had great success in sample diet below but each person is a bit different. You will still want to stick to the 5-6 meals a day, and I have listed snacks at the very end that can be eaten between the "normal" 3 meals a day.

Breakfast #1
    Egg Beaters
    Whey Protein with Fat Free, Low Carb Milk

Breakfast #2
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Wheat Toast with I Can't Believe its Not Butter
    Whey Protein

Breakfast #3
    Plain oatmeal with water (not milk). Use fresh fruits or artificical sweetner for flavoring if desired.
    Whey Protein (or consider mixing protein powder into oatmeal for flavor)

Lunch #1
    Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast, with whole wheat pasta
    Broccolli

Lunch #2
    Extra Lean Hamburger on Low Fat Whole Wheat or Muli-Grain bun
    Asparagus

Lunch #3
    Tuna on Low Fat Whole Wheat or Muli-Grain bread
    Lima Beans

Dinner #1
    Fish Fillets
    Brown Rice
    Green Beans

Dinner #2
    Lean Ground Turkey
    Multi-Grain Dinner Roll
    Green Pepper

Dinner #3
    Sirloin Steak
    Baked Potato
    Salad

Snack #1
    Celery w/ Low Sugar Peanut Butter

Snack #2
    Fresh Broccolli

Snack #3
    Almonds

Snack #4
    Whey Protein or MRP

Snack #5
    Non-Fat Cottage cheese w/ protein powder

Snack #6
    Tuna on Low Fat, Multi-Grain Crackers
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Good job, definetly a stickey

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Great post!

<<LMO>>

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    great post, very informative.. should be a sticky

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    Cool, im goin to forward this to my friend whos diabetic. Hopefully with regular exercise and watching his diet he will stop having to inject himself with insulin . i worry about that mofo. awesome post.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Thanks alot, this info will be very good to know when helping my sister.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    This is a diet for insulin dependent diabetics, correct?

bump..

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    This is a diet for insulin dependent diabetics, correct?
    Diet can be used for both insulin dependent and diet controlled diabetics. Keeping in mind that individuals may need slight modifications to suite their specific needs. The key to the diet being the higher complex carbs which helps maintain blood sugar levels, and avoiding simple carbs as much as possible as they will throw the blood sugar levels out of wack. Diabetics of either type need to try and keep these levels consistent.

<<LMO>>

bump.. someone make this a sticky.. bdtr?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    bump.. someone make this a sticky.. bdtr?

Sticky icky icky fo shizzle my nizzle.

Werd....

LOL no but seriously great post indeed needs to be "stuck"

<<LMO>>

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Another great thread....
    Great work Doby... will become helpful to many I'm sure...
    Should be a sticky IMO...

BDTR is offline Retired
    stuck.

wildcatwrestler's is offline New Member
    thanx for the great post doby, i think that it will really help me help my wife.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Question:
    What can I take POST WORKOUT? Should I have the simple sugar with protein like most are supposed to....Or is there a better way? I've been taking the dextrose and whey but I mix in some oats to steady my blood sugar. Is this ok? Is this wrong?
    Please help!!!!!!!
    -HB

Yeah you can have PWO, guess I forgot to include that in the post. My blood sugar gets really out of whack with Dextrose so I take Maltodextrine instead and it doesn't cause the huge spikes in my blood sugar... same ratio of 2:1 and just make sure to have good complex carbs in your PPWO meal. I know many people wait 45 min for PPWO, but I typically have it 30 min after workout cause after a good workout and PWO I need to make sure my blood sugar levels are stabilized.

If the Dextrose & Oats is working for you then you could keep taking it. However, I would suggesting trying Maltodextrine instead of Dextrose anyways and see how it affects your blood sugar, you may be able to ditch the Oats (or at least cut down on them) PWO. If you can get by without the Oats that would be best, but if you still need them to keep your sugar levels stabilized then keep them in PWO.
    Last edited by doby48; 07-26-2004 at 11:09 PM.

BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member
    Im a diabetic and i get away easily with 10I.Us after training and that lets me take 100g carbs pure dextrose followed by a meal of potatoes containg 100g of more carbs..

HOw should diabetics go about combning good fats with carbs such as linseeds e.t.c should they be taken seperate

Most of my fats come from dinner and an evening protein shake. To get my EFAs I will fry veggies in Olive Oil with my dinner (green beans in olive oil with garlic powder is one of my favorites) and will also take a shake of Egg Protein with Flax just before going to bed. I also take one snack during the day with fat/proteins like Almonds.

Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    Most of my fats come from dinner and an evening protein shake. To get my EFAs I will fry veggies in Olive Oil with my dinner (green beans in olive oil with garlic powder is one of my favorites) and will also take a shake of Egg Protein with Flax just before going to bed. I also take one snack during the day with fat/proteins like Almonds.
    I take linseed seed in my oats in the morning and i take peanut butter at night befor bed somtimes..

Do you notice that they cause a slight raise in blood sugars...

HOw do you go about AM cardio

Yes, I have noticed my blood sugars elevated with them, and one of the reasons I avoid them until later in the day. My AM cardio I don't do on an empty stomch because my blood sugars do not stay stable. I first eat some carbs/protein wait about an hour and then do my AM cardio. Even something like a bowl of oatmeal before AM cardio helps to keep my sugars more stable.

Yes, I have noticed my blood sugars elevated with them, and one of the reasons I avoid them until later in the day. My AM cardio I don't do on an empty stomch because my blood sugars do not stay stable. I first eat some carbs/protein wait about an hour and then do my AM cardio. Even something like a bowl of oatmeal before AM cardio helps to keep my sugars more stable.
    Thats weird because for me i can wake up with my blood sugars being usually borderline low like 4.5(i dont know wat reading you use in america) and i can do 45 min fine and they dont drop dramatically..But usually my blood is between 6.5-7.0 before i do it..I cut carbs an hour before i hit the bed and immmediately before bed take peanut butter and zma i feel this stablieses my blood sugar???/

As far as regards as burning fat in the morning on an empty stomach..How does it work with us?? are we just burning up blood sugar or what???/

what kind of supplements do you feel affect your control...For me chroium and alpha lipoic acid lower my blood sugar..on the other hand ephdrine and dirueticc, asprin raise my blood sugar....

Yeah my when I wake up in the morning my are boarderline low as well, if I do cardio though on an empty stomach then they get all out of whack. If I eat some carbs first, wait about an hour then mine pretty much stay stabilized.

Before I got to bed I also cut the carbs and take Egg Protein/Flax and ZMA before I go to bed and I wake up in the morning feeling pretty good.

As far a supplements that affect blood sugar. If you want to have something with simple sugars like juices then mulit-fiber supplements will slow down the absorbtion of the sugars, but should only be used with small amounts of sugars like a very small glass of orange juice infrequently. I have read that Zinc and Magnesium is supposed to help stabilize blood sugar and I know that when I take ZMA at night I do feel better in the morning so I think there is some truth in that. I have also found that B vitamins help as well with regards to helping and preventing diabetic nerve damage so my multivitamin that I take has higher levels of the B vitamins. Alpha-lipoic acid is also said to help with diabetic nerve damage.

For lowering blood sugar levels I have found Chromium, Lipoic Acid, and Conjugated Linoleic Acid, work. I have also heard reports that Ginseng and Vitamin C can low blood sugar levels in some diabetics. I have not tried Ginseng and personally see no difference in my blood sugars when taking Vitamin C.

For raising blood sugar levels I agree with you about Ephedrine and Asprine and also found Caffine will raise my blood sugar levels.

Yeah my when I wake up in the morning my are boarderline low as well, if I do cardio though on an empty stomach then they get all out of whack. If I eat some carbs first, wait about an hour then mine pretty much stay stabilized.

Before I got to bed I also cut the carbs and take Egg Protein/Flax and ZMA before I go to bed and I wake up in the morning feeling pretty good.

As far a supplements that affect blood sugar. If you want to have something with simple sugars like juices then mulit-fiber supplements will slow down the absorbtion of the sugars, but should only be used with small amounts of sugars like a very small glass of orange juice infrequently. I have read that Zinc and Magnesium is supposed to help stabilize blood sugar and I know that when I take ZMA at night I do feel better in the morning so I think there is some truth in that. I have also found that B vitamins help as well with regards to helping and preventing diabetic nerve damage so my multivitamin that I take has higher levels of the B vitamins. Alpha-lipoic acid is also said to help with diabetic nerve damage.

For lowering blood sugar levels I have found Chromium, Lipoic Acid, and Conjugated Linoleic Acid, work. I have also heard reports that Ginseng and Vitamin C can low blood sugar levels in some diabetics. I have not tried Ginseng and personally see no difference in my blood sugars when taking Vitamin C.

For raising blood sugar levels I agree with you about Ephedrine and Asprine and also found Caffine will raise my blood sugar levels.

In America how do you measure blood glucose..Our blood glucose is meant to be between 4.5-8.5 levels...

when you go to the gym do you find you have a sweet spot blood sugar that makes you perform better...i believe i work well in the 5-6 region...

Do you go to the gym with a high blood sugar not overly high but say between levels 10-14???

I definetly notice that my performance drops when my blood is high..why is this????

In America we measure blood glucose in mg/dl (milligrams/deciliter) where as the rest of the world measures in mmol/l (millimoles/liter). I assume based on the numbers you show that you are measureing in the world standard (except America) of mmol/l. The conversion for the American and world standards is approx as follows:

To convert mmol/l of glucose to mg/dl, multiply by 18.
    To convert mg/dl of glucose to mmol/l, divide by 18.

I find that I get the best performance if my blood sugar levels are between 100-150 (5.5 - 8.3). I like to eat some slower acting carbs about an hour or so before exercise since aerobic activity can cause blood sugar levels to dip and anaerobic activity can raise the blood sugar if glucose is activated faster than it can be moved into the cells by the existing insulin in your system.

Having these carbs before a workout will help avoid the dip or rise in glucose levels. When the body uses the carbs from the food we eat it turns to the liver and muscles for energy (glycogen or the stored form of glucose). If these stores are low or are not replaced, there is a good chance that a person with diabetes will have low lood sugar post exercise.

Depending on the amount of insulin in your system, blood sugars may increase after exercise due to withholding too much insulin, so it is important to closely monitor glucose levels after a workout expecially when changing your routine.

When the body produces too much insulin, the blood sugar levels drop, causing hypoglycemia to occur. Working out with blood glucose levels too low can cause a diabetic to feel fatigued or light headed. With a lack of insulin, the blood sugar will rise and result in hyperglycemia. Working out with blood glucose levels too high can cause a diabetic to feel fatigued, have dry mouth or the ones that we all know too well... frequent urination and extreme thirst. When the proper balance is not maintained and either hypogylycemia or hyperglycemia occurs then an performance becomes affected.
    Last edited by doby48; 01-05-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Depending on the amount of insulin in your system, blood sugars may increase after exercise due to withholding too much insulin, so it is important to closely monitor glucose levels after a workout expecially when changing your routine.

FLIP I NEVER KNEW THIS............

How do you go about dieting.I tend just to go low calorie not realy low carb i tried it before but went into ketosis to quick and lost alot of muscle?????

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED CLEN , HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOUR BLOOD SUGAR I WAS THINKING OF TAKING IT?

For dieting, I do the same thing as you by cutting my total calorie intake. The percentage of carbs that I intake stays the same. I also have tried cutting my carbs when dieting and have found that I go into Ketosis or Ketoacidosis.

I have pasted the text from an article I found online explaining the two. I started to write up an explination myself but found this that can explain it better:

What is Ketosis?
    Ketosis is the presence in the blood of abnormally high levels of acidic substances called ketones. Ketones (also called "ketone bodies") are chemicals with a carbonyl unit (a carbon doubly bonded to an oxygen) that has two alkyl or aromatic (hydrocarbon) substituents bonded to the carbon atom. They include acetoacetic acid, 3-hydroxybutyric acid, and acetone.

What Causes Ketosis?
    Ketosis is caused when the body metabolizes body fat for energy purposes, instead of the usual glucose-from-carbohydrates. The ketones are actually produced by the liver from fatty acids, Gluconeogenesis, which result from the breakdown of body fat. As stated, the body doesn't usually metabolize fat for energy: it usually burns glucose which it obtains from carbohydrates. But if there isn’t enough glucose in the bloodstream, (or, in the case of diabetics, if the glucose can't be utilized), the body draws on its alternate energy system, fat stores, for fuel, which causes the appearance of ketones in the blood.

---

What is Ketoacidosis?
    Ketoacidosis is a dangerous condition for diabetics, the main element being acid, not ketones themselves. In ketoacidosis, the blood pH level becomes dangerously acidic due to an extremely high blood glucose level triggered either because the diabetic patient has no insulin , or else because he/she doesn't respond to insulin. As the diabetic's blood sugar rises, ketones are produced by the body to provide the fuel necessary for life, since the cells can't use the sugar due to the diabetes.

Twin Factors of Ketoacidosis
    To recap, in ketoacidosis, it is twin factors of (1) high blood sugar, and (2) high acidity of the blood that trigger the condition, rather than the ketosis itself. The ketones just happen to be an associated element, and are a result of the condition, not the cause.

For dieting, I do the same thing as you by cutting my total calorie intake. The percentage of carbs that I intake stays the same. I also have tried cutting my carbs when dieting and have found that I go into Ketosis or Ketoacidosis.

I have pasted the text from an article I found online explaining the two. I started to write up an explination myself but found this that can explain it better:
    So we dont need to worry about cutting are carbs like normal people..Id be correct insaying they cut carbs as to avoid aninsulin spike and so take fat and protein wheras if we take a low this is the same as a normal persons insulin spike so we must take enough carbs as to prevent this...sometimes i am still taking carbs at like 12 at night (maybe a bowl of oats)200kcal,,this would be the same as a normal person taking say 22.22g of fat...wouldnt it? lol this confuses the hell out of me

thanks for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL
    HAVE YOU EVER TRIED CLEN, HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOUR BLOOD SUGAR I WAS THINKING OF TAKING IT?
    I have not tried Clen but have considered trying it. I have done research on Clen and the effects it has on blood sugar levels with diabetics in particular and I found that it will raise your blood sugar levels only slightly. How much they consider "slightly" I'm not sure, I haven't seen any specific numbers. If you do give it a try I would be interested in what you find, and would caution to keep a closer than normal eye on your levels (although I'm sure that goes without saying).

I have not tried Clen but have considered trying it. I have done research on Clen and the effects it has on blood sugar levels with diabetics in particular and I found that it will raise your blood sugar levels only slightly. How much they consider "slightly" I'm not sure, I haven't seen any specific numbers. If you do give it a try I would be interested in what you find, and would caution to keep a closer than normal eye on your levels (although I'm sure that goes without saying).
    yes i herd it has a slight affect on blood sugars to..Apparenbtly it comes from the release of glycogen????

yes i will be trying it. on an empty sotmach in the morning so ill see how it affects it and pm u immediately....i have to wait until i get it first...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHIL
    So we dont need to worry about cutting are carbs like normal people..Id be correct insaying they cut carbs as to avoid aninsulin spike and so take fat and protein wheras if we take a low this is the same as a normal persons insulin spike so we must take enough carbs as to prevent this...sometimes i am still taking carbs at like 12 at night (maybe a bowl of oats)200kcal,,this would be the same as a normal person taking say 22.22g of fat...wouldnt it? lol this confuses the hell out of me

thanks for all the help
    Yes you are correct that we do not cut carbs like normal people when dieting. Diabetics need to keep the carbs in our systems in order to avoid any conditions with blood sugar (hypo or hyperglycemia depending on the current condition).

I normally try to stop taking carbs before I go to bed, at least a couple of hours earlier but as you know, sometimes the most minor things can cause the levels to be not as expected... stress, lack of sleep, different amount of exercise, different work schedule, etc. So even though I normally start avoiding carbs before going to bed there are days where I need to take some before going to bed, otherwise I know I will be in trouble in the morning. What I normally aim for is to start off the morning with carbs and avoid the fats, I workout after that and then I have my PWO and my PPWO with again lots of complex carbs. I will usually have a snack then again before dinner and that snack will sometimes be carbs and sometimes fats, it depends on how I'm feeling. My dinner I try to get in fats if possible, but again that is dependant on how my levels are at that time. My evening snack is usually fats/proteins and then I have an egg protein/flax shake before going to bed. Normally that works out but there are days that I just can't get my blood sugar levels straightened out and I avoid all the fats altogether. For a diabetic it isn't as important as a normal person to be sure to get in a certain amount of fats, althoug Flax is said to be good for helping to stabalize blood sugars to unless my levels are really off then I always make the attempt to have flax with my protein (and ZMA) before going to bed.

I completely understand about the confusion part, it is difficult to be a diabetic sometimes and when you read the diet forum here and things normal people do often contradict what diabetics need to do. I normally don't respond to diet threads for that reason unless the person is diabetic because their needs would be quite different than mine.

Yes you are correct that we do not cut carbs like normal people when dieting. Diabetics need to keep the carbs in our systems in order to avoid any conditions with blood sugar (hypo or hyperglycemia depending on the current condition).

I normally try to stop taking carbs before I go to bed, at least a couple of hours earlier but as you know, sometimes the most minor things can cause the levels to be not as expected... stress, lack of sleep, different amount of exercise, different work schedule, etc. So even though I normally start avoiding carbs before going to bed there are days where I need to take some before going to bed, otherwise I know I will be in trouble in the morning. What I normally aim for is to start off the morning with carbs and avoid the fats, I workout after that and then I have my PWO and my PPWO with again lots of complex carbs. I will usually have a snack then again before dinner and that snack will sometimes be carbs and sometimes fats, it depends on how I'm feeling. My dinner I try to get in fats if possible, but again that is dependant on how my levels are at that time. My evening snack is usually fats/proteins and then I have an egg protein/flax shake before going to bed. Normally that works out but there are days that I just can't get my blood sugar levels straightened out and I avoid all the fats altogether. For a diabetic it isn't as important as a normal person to be sure to get in a certain amount of fats, althoug Flax is said to be good for helping to stabalize blood sugars to unless my levels are really off then I always make the attempt to have flax with my protein (and ZMA) before going to bed.

I completely understand about the confusion part, it is difficult to be a diabetic sometimes and when you read the diet forum here and things normal people do often contradict what diabetics need to do. I normally don't respond to diet threads for that reason unless the person is diabetic because their needs would be quite different than mine.

thanks alot now i can relax alot more and eat my carbs and know im not causing much damage to my diet..i do as well have prot/fat meals in the evening as well....

do you ever use your insulin to your advantage when trainig..I have tried it and the results are allright(well im bigger than alot of older men anyway...lol still 18 atm)

do you find that you store bodyfat easier whilst being a diabetic....i find i do especially if i dont keep my insulin TIGHT. i mean not injecting too much at once which causes a low then i have to rush and havesomthing(THIS PUTS ON MY WEIGHT) but i have tightened up and the fat is coming off....

My diet is very clean atm (clean bulk) and i am growing nicely.i eat every 3-3.5 hours how about you? do you have a protein shake in the middle of the night i have started doing this and it really has shown some results..i do find dieting hard lol like everyone (lol it takes too long!)

I don't use insulin to my advantage for workouts. I have found that for me anyways, when I start messing around with different glucose levels for different types of things then I usually and up with a spike or dip later on when I really don't want it and then I end up with either not feeling well or having to eat things I should be eating (like cake to bring my levels up again ) Not good for the diet but does taste good sometimes. I usually though just try and keep mine tight as well.

I usually eat about every 3 hours or so as well. I have not tried having a protein shake in the middle of the night, are you having egg or whey and are you adding anything to it like flax, milk, or just water?

I don't use insulin to my advantage for workouts. I have found that for me anyways, when I start messing around with different glucose levels for different types of things then I usually and up with a spike or dip later on when I really don't want it and then I end up with either not feeling well or having to eat things I should be eating (like cake to bring my levels up again ) Not good for the diet but does taste good sometimes. I usually though just try and keep mine tight as well.

I usually eat about every 3 hours or so as well. I have not tried having a protein shake in the middle of the night, are you having egg or whey and are you adding anything to it like flax, milk, or just water?
    I take just protein and water it keeps the aminos in the blood and keeps me anabolic ..so to speak

i am hopefully going infor my show next year when im 19, i am learning as much as possible at the moment.lol i leave the computer every night with my head ringing with information lol

IM going to try and max out before i start any AAS,the amount of people telling me " I MUST" take juice if im going in for a show is endless they say everyone else will be on it and its crucial that i go on it.Whats your view on this??

IM well aware that they cause Glucose intolerance (insulin resistance)..Do you know anyother facts about aas...

I am worried about the situation and dont know what to do,,,,but no WAY AM I JUMPING STRAGIHT INTO USING JUICE WITHOUT KNOWING HOW IT WILL AFEECT ME E.T.C

The only other one that I have checked into is Anavar and that can lower blood sugar slightly and I hear that it doesn't even affect some diabetics. I don't have experience with that. To date I have not used any aas and am trying my best to keep it natural. I am a cyclist and aas use is monitored pretty closely (even creatine is not allowed in several circuits). If I take a year off I may consider using Anavar but so far have made it this far being natural.

The only other one that I have checked into is Anavar and that can lower blood sugar slightly and I hear that it doesn't even affect some diabetics. I don't have experience with that. To date I have not used any aas and am trying my best to keep it natural. I am a cyclist and aas use is monitored pretty closely (even creatine is not allowed in several circuits). If I take a year off I may consider using Anavar but so far have made it this far being natural.
    yeah well ur lookin pritty TIGHT anyhow from ur pic...Yes i will definetly research this anavar (where did you read about it and diabetis)....you dont know anything about Deca ???with regars to insulin resistance i think it may me only minor however if it isnt and causes dramatic rises in blood sugar,this will cause an increase in fat weight SURELY?

Anavar (Oxandrolone, Oxandrin) is an Anabolic Steriod and the family of Anablic Steroids are can cause a drop in blood sugar levels for diabetics. I can't find the really detailed descriptions I had read previously that explain exactly what happens medically speaking, but I did find an article that will give you a rough overview and some good information on Anablic Steroids in general.

http://www.iowaclinic.com/controller...view?id=202035

Anavar (Oxandrolone, Oxandrin) is an Anabolic Steriod and the family of Anablic Steroids are can cause a drop in blood sugar levels for diabetics. I can't find the really detailed descriptions I had read previously that explain exactly what happens medically speaking, but I did find an article that will give you a rough overview and some good information on Anablic Steroids in general.

http://www.iowaclinic.com/controller...view?id=202035

I found an interesting website...have a look and tell me what you think??

http://www.diabetesmonitor.com/steroids.htm

Interesting read, but keep in mind that these are not anabolic steroids . Each group of steroids will have a different impact as to how it affects your blood sugar. The medications in this article include conditions such as asthma and bronchitis, not saying that they are steroids but this is along the same lines as ephedrine as that is one of the key ingrediants used in treating those conditions, and as you already know from experience ephedrine (ephedra) can raise your blood sugar levels. There are different classes of medications that are classified as as "steroids" and each will impact your glucose levels different so be sure you are reading about the correct type before trying any out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information