Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

limppimp85204 is offline Junior Member
    you usually dont have enough time for your body to digest the whole amount of a food if you eat right before your workout

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    D@mn, how the hell did I not see this. Think I gotta rethink my bulking diet alittle. Great post.

-ost

canadian_mofo is offline Associate Member
    Hey you think there is any problem adding a bit of cheese to those eggs u have in the morning. And with egg whites do u guys get the egg whites in a box or just use regular eggs and then scrap the yolk??

DirtyDog is offline New Member
    I just worked out how many calories I need each day and its 3304 just to maintain my current mass! If i want 2lb a week growth im gunna need 4304 calories a day!

No wonder I have trouble putting weight on.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I was wondering about the AM work out too. If I eat Oatmeal and protiene in the morning (finished eating at about 9-9:30) and then hit the gym at 10-10:30 would that be enough time for the protiene to be used efficiently?

DirtyDog is offline New Member
    Good question man, i want to know the answer to that one as well.

Anyone?

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess no one comes here any more. I'll start a new thread for a question.

brian11 is offline Member
    Alright LMO, after reading this through for the first time sense i first joined, I think im going to go for a bulk. The difference is that I will probably be utilizing cardio 5 times a week. I hope that wont hurt the bulk too much, but im very wary of gaining fat.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    Alright LMO, after reading this through for the first time sense i first joined, I think im going to go for a bulk. The difference is that I will probably be utilizing cardio 5 times a week. I hope that wont hurt the bulk too much, but im very wary of gaining fat.

Just see what happens......if you hit a sticking point with your gains then reduce the cardio..... but at your age and size I think it is possible for you to gain lean mass while losing fat with no problem. Just make sure your diet is dialed in 100%.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice sticky.

Xxample (Diet--bulking)

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    lets say your lacking overall calories later in the day, i still have 2 or 3 meals left today but i need alot more calories.

Can I eat 50-60 grams of protien, (chicken), plus lets say 500-700 calories of healthy fats for each meal?

If you eat more fat than carbs what is the result?

ScooterBoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killagorilla187
    lets say your lacking overall calories later in the day, i still have 2 or 3 meals left today but i need alot more calories.

Can I eat 50-60 grams of protien, (chicken), plus lets say 500-700 calories of healthy fats for each meal?

If you eat more fat than carbs what is the result?
    500-700 cals of fat each meal thats 55-78 grams of fat, thats alot of fat for 1 meal

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterBoy
    500-700 cals of fat each meal thats 55-78 grams of fat, thats alot of fat for 1 meal

H*ll yeah! Jared from Subway would go crazy seeing that!!!!!!!!

~SC~

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    what if you didnt have any fat all day and you only have one meal left?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Mathematical error.

There is a mathematical error:

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    220 - your age * .65
    220 - your age * .7

Example for a 22 year old:

220 - 22 * .65 = 128.7
    220 - 22 * .7 = 138.6
    220 - 22 * .65 is not 128.7, it is 205.7 because of arithmetic precedence: multipication/division happens before addition/subtraction.

You need to specify:
    (220 - 22) * .65 = 128.7
    to ensure the subtraction happens before the division.

You should edit the original post before a mathematically inclined person has a heart attack while doing cardio...

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    There is a mathematical error:

220 - 22 * .65 is not 128.7, it is 205.7 because of arithmetic precedence: multipication/division happens before addition/subtraction.

You need to specify:
    (220 - 22) * .65 = 128.7
    to ensure the subtraction happens before the division.

You should edit the original post before a mathematically inclined person has a heart attack while doing cardio...

LMAO......I'm sure people get the point.....but just to make you happy I'll edit it And to make sure no one has a heart attack for the math wizards out there

aaah this is what i have been needing

yerg is offline Associate Member
    Great post. It answered a lot of Qs.....

msu16366 is offline Member

link to the chart for BMR is wrong

I have just started keeping track of my diet and I was trying to follow the BMR chart as a guidline for bulking, When I put my stats in as weight =190, 72 inches, and age 25 the moderate active gram break down is as follows 359 protien, 80 fat and 359 carbs. It then says that the bulking ratio is 40/20/40, However 80/798 is closer to 10 percent. I just caught this and no wonder my fat grams where way over. I need according to the chart about 3090 calories. I am closer to 4000 calories, so as long as I use the 40/20/40 rule should I be alright. THanks for any input. I never wathced my diet before but I want to keep track in case when I start my cylcle if I hit a plateau I can increase my cals. Thanks again, Also should I be using this ratio before cycle, and should I adjust it on cycle, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    I have just started keeping track of my diet and I was trying to follow the BMR chart as a guidline for bulking, When I put my stats in as weight =190, 72 inches, and age 25 the moderate active gram break down is as follows 359 protien, 80 fat and 359 carbs. It then says that the bulking ratio is 40/20/40, However 80/798 is closer to 10 percent. I just caught this and no wonder my fat grams where way over. I need according to the chart about 3090 calories. I am closer to 4000 calories, so as long as I use the 40/20/40 rule should I be alright. THanks for any input. I never wathced my diet before but I want to keep track in case when I start my cylcle if I hit a plateau I can increase my cals. Thanks again, Also should I be using this ratio before cycle, and should I adjust it on cycle, thanks.

80g of Fat while bulking is hardly "way over" your needs. I know guys who have that much fat in their diet while cutting.

I'm kind of confused by your post, as I don't see anything wrong with the BMR calculations listed on the main page. Can you clarify what exactly you are asking?

msu16366 is offline Member
    I must of made a mistake, anyways I am up to 205lb now, Which means since this thread I am of 15lbs.. NOt doing to bad anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    I must of made a mistake, anyways I am up to 205lb now, Which means since this thread I am of 15lbs.. NOt doing to bad anymore.

Good to hear bro

Sorry for taking so long to reply

skinnyff is offline New Member
    great post. excellent info for the novice such as myself

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    very informational thread. i have one question though. in all the bulking diets and so forth ive came across the amount of carbs is always higher then the protein. in the example you gave the protein was 420g and i believe the carbs was 295g. is this a misprint or should i have my protein higher then the carbs? also how would this apply if i was going to do a bulking cycle? how would my macros work out then? thanks

karln is offline Associate Member
    thats what i eat per day..... and still u guys complained about my diet.... i eat little less protein but iam also smaller then the example in that psot

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    where in the sticky does it say how many fats and carbs should be consumed?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    ALA/R-ALA- Gets my supplement of the day award. R-ALA is effective in lowering the spike of insulin when certain carbs are consumed. I could give you a dissertation on the stereoentisomeric properties of the R, but all you need to know is that it has been found to shuttle carbohydrates away from adipose and into myocytes. Translation: Away from fat cells, into muscle cells. It’s a supplement, however, not a miracle worker. It’s not a crutch, and won’t do anything about fat intake. ALA and R-ALA can also aid in the expedition of the ketogenic state. Remember that if you buy R-ALA that you supplement it with Biotin. Glucorell-R is prepackaged with it. If you can afford it, go for it. As far as dosage, with the R, you are looking at 1-2 pills of Glucorell R for each 30-40grams of carb intake.
    what is ALA-R or Glucorell-R and where can I get some?

mrsuperpump is offline Associate Member
    helpfull thread

keth'naab is offline Associate Member
    okay, i downloaded that excel spreadsheet BMR calculator, and I am NOWHERE NEAR being able to eat that many calories

it says to put your weight in....is the assumption that you are putting in LBM, i.e. bodyweight - bodyfat = LBM? or are you actually supposed to put your weight in?

nickwhiteusmc is offline New Member
    Thanks for the excel spreadsheet on bulking. That was very helpful. Great post.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    what is ALA-R or Glucorell-R and where can I get some?
    Glucorell-R can be found at CVS pharmacies or online.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keth'naab
    okay, i downloaded that excel spreadsheet BMR calculator, and I am NOWHERE NEAR being able to eat that many calories

it says to put your weight in....is the assumption that you are putting in LBM, i.e. bodyweight - bodyfat = LBM? or are you actually supposed to put your weight in?
    Put every skinny pound in there, plus clothing.

Iceman69 is offline Associate Member
    Is it possible to run this diet with 6 meals a day as opposed to 8?

I'm 6'3 220lbs, and will be starting my 1st cycle using 500mg of Test E/week shortly.

Any advice is much appreciated, I'd like to have all of my shit in line before my first jab.

champr23 is offline New Member
    How To Bulk
    Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (Harris-Benedict will under-estimate calorie needs) and the very fat (Harris-Benedict will over-estimate calorie needs).”

You say leaner bodies need more calories, which means they are more muscular. Need more calories. Then you say they need to under-estimate calorie needs, which contradicts itself?
    can you explain?

I came up with 2520 for maintaining. I have 0 fat on my body at 140lbs.

Thanks, Ricky

pduke1234 is offline Junior Member
    Hey in meal one when you say one scoop of whey protein , do you mean the regular protein or or you talking about the 12 hour absorbtion one? I have both but didnt know if i should drink the instant one in the morning or the 12 hour one. thanks for your help

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pduke1234
    Hey in meal one when you say one scoop of whey protein , do you mean the regular protein or or you talking about the 12 hour absorbtion one? I have both but didnt know if i should drink the instant one in the morning or the 12 hour one. thanks for your help
    dude this is like a 2 year old thread. drink ur absorbtion protein b4 bed

The Juggernaut is offline Junior Member
    Awesome post.

method is offline Junior Member
    sweet post, but for some with ridiculous metabolism's even when lifting weight, I just cut tremendously, but there is awesome advice that i will try and incorporate to see what change happens. thanks. you guys know some sh*t

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Can I get a bump for beg my "semi-bulker"

theforce3169 is offline Junior Member

Are We Still On The Air...????

New member.....okay, done all the calculations correctly.......For a 35 year old, 203 lbs., 6'2" tall, mine came out FOR BULKING....3158 calories (needs work).....316 grams of protein.....WHEW......I can do it or at least get damned close...., 70 grams of fat......I can do that too.......but 316 g's of carbs.....dammit gina....I have to work on that.....
    My today's diet consisted of 2694 calories, 60.5 grams of fat, 269 grams of carbs, and 255 grams of protein......its 1:45 in the morning so I can do another 50 gram protein shake right now to make it 305 total.....
    SO, I have to eat every two hours...okay....it's on

QUESTIONS.....I see some talk about sugar in here and it seems to be a NO-NO.......am i right in assuming NO SUGAR except for fruits....???? Is that a definite.......

Now I need advise on where to go to find the weight lifting program that I can do on this diet.....I have found a few by looking around, but I want the opinion of the gentleman who came up with all this......

I read about the cardio, that's no prob AT ALL.....I usually do more, but I thought my needed BPM was 148 with your calculations it is now only like 128......should I stick to that.....128 for target heart rate?

ANYWAY, GREAT FUC%*NG POST.....I AM NOW ADDED ALOT MORE TO MY DIET

O, ONE MORE QUESTION.....CAN I SUBSTITUTE SOME OF THOSE FOODS......???? i DONT LIKE SALSA, NOR DO I LIKE CHEESE.......

THANKS.....THAT'S MY NOISE!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information