Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 1631
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Free Diet advice by Narkissos & Novastepp: Intro to Performance Nutrition 101

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    well,no one seems to be posting anything in the diet section today so i guess its my turn.

new year now and i wanna tune my diet and take it seriously. i have been eating healthy for the last year,but not paying enough attention to BMR and macros

i am near 28 yr old,6'2" and 195lbs. body fat unknown,sorry but isnt too high. id guess 16 tops but im no expert

i found a bmr of 2040 kcals/day.(x1.55 for 3-5 days exercise)=maintenance 3169 kcal/day.

question #1-i want to bulk...so should i add 500 cal/day to the maintenance?

i am an ectomorph so i was going to go 350g/PRO,400gCAR and 80g FAT.

question #2-this is approx 3700cal. does this look good? what should i change?

also the last question. #3-on non workout days could i cut my carbs down to say 300-350grams(as i wont be taking in a PWO meal) and boost my fat a bit to get the 3700cal/day?

any input appreciated,thanks ahead of time!

paddy155 is offline Member
    See below.
    Last edited by paddy155; 01-24-2010 at 09:02 AM.

csavage0 is offline Member
    Been recording food I'll post after work thanks man

csavage0 is offline Member
    This is from fitday. I may need to reformat this I'm guessing

Food Name Amount Unit Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g) Delete
    Total 2,993 85.4 94.0 439.4
    Egg, white only, raw 10 large egg white 172 0.6 2.4 36.0
    Tuna, canned 2 cup, solid or chunks, drained 341 2.4 0.0 75.0
    Chicken, breast, skin not eaten 8 oz, boneless, cooked, skinless 367 7.9 0.0 68.9
    Bread, whole wheat 2 regular slice 200 1.9 24.5 12.0
    protien shake 2 serving 220 4.0 4.0 48.0
    Oats, raw 0.5 cup 156 2.6 27.1 6.5
    Beef steak, lean only eaten 11 oz, boneless, cooked, lean only 583 20.7 0.0 93.0
    Chicken, breast, skin not eaten 8 oz, boneless, cooked, skinless 367 7.9 0.0 68.9
    Mixed nuts 0.25 cup 219 20.0 7.7 5.9
    Egg, whole, raw 3 large 214 14.9 1.2 18.9

Calories
    Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 2,993
    Fat 85.4 754 25 %
    Saturated 22.0 195 7 %
    Polyunsaturated 14.4 126 4 %
    Monounsaturated 33.4 293 10 %
    Carbohydrate 94.0 382 13 %
    Dietary Fiber 12.8
    Protein 439.4 1,843 62 %
    Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

Fat (25%) Carbs (13%)
    Protein (62%) Alcohol (0%)

Description

Im doing eca and cardio for 60 min(6 days a week) walking on incline or the eliptical.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    For the Soy-haters:

Soy Isoflavones Reduce DHT, Increase Testosterone

Soybeans contain the isoflavones genistein and daidzein. (Photo by T. Hagihara)

There's a lot of speculation on how soy intake and hair growth are related, so in a series of posts beginning with this one, we'll be taking a look at what the studies have to say. Hopefully, it will become clear whether soy isoflavones really do anything, how much isoflavones is the optimal intake, and whether oral or topical is the way to go.

In the first study we'll look at, male rats were fed soy isoflavones in various amounts (link). After a week, their testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels were measured. Since reducing DHT levels seems to be an effective way to reduce hair loss, this should be an interesting study for people considering soy isoflavones as a remedy.

Composition of the soy diets

To find out how soy isoflavones and androgen levels are related, the authors conducted two experiments. In the first experiment, rats in the treatment group were given soy flour with their normal chow. In the second experiment, rats in the treatment groups were given either a soy methanol extract or semipurified soy isoflavones.

The isoflavone content of the soy flour was 1.92 mg/g. The isoflavone contents of the soy methanol extract and semipurified soy isoflavones were 3.38 mg/g and 218 mg/g, respectively. In the first experiment, the rats in the treatment group received 442.7 g/kg soy flour in their diet. In the second experiment, they received 20 g/kg of soy extract or 2 g/kg of soy isoflavones in their diets.

Long story short, the according to the authors, the actual soy isoflavone intakes of the rats were as follows: 19 mg/day in the soy flour group, 0.9 mg/day in the soy extract group, and 3.3 mg/day in the soy isoflavone group. The control groups consumed zero soy isoflavones.

Soy isoflavones and DHT

Rats on the soy flour diet had significantly lower DHT levels than rats on the control diet. Similarly, the DHT levels of the rats on the soy isoflavone diet were about 60% lower DHT than in the control group. On soy extract diet DHT levels tended to decrease, but the difference was not statistically significant.

The figure above shows the DHT levels for the soy extract and soy isoflavone diets compared to the control group. The observed decrease in DHT from the soy flour diet (not shown above) was similar to that of the soy extract diet, with the exception that the difference was statistically significant.

Soy isoflavones and testosterone

Rats on the soy flour diet had similar levels of testosterone + dihydrotestosterone (T+DHT) as the control group. Since their DHT levels were lower, however, this means that there was an increase in testosterone from eating the soy flour diet. In the soy isoflavone diet, this effect was even clearer; not only was the reduction in DHT balanced by an increase in testosterone, but the total T+DHT levels were much higher than they were before the diet.

The figure above shows the T+DHT levels of the soy extract and soy isoflavone diets compared to the control group. Testosterone levels tended to increase and DHT levels tended to decrease also on the soy extract diet, but again, the differences were not statistically significant.

The fact that the soy isoflavone showed significant effects and the soy extract is possibly due to the differences in soy isoflavone content of the diets. The rats on the soy extract diet consumed only 0.9 mg/day, while those on the isoflavone diet consumed 3.3 mg/day. The two graphs shown here seem to support the idea that the effect is dose-dependent.

What is confusing, however, is that the soy flour diet showed a less pronounced effect than the soy isoflavone diet even though it had a much higher isoflavone content. Perhaps the dose-response is not linear but a bell curve. Unfortunately, the authors offer no explanation or theory for the results in the paper.

Conclusion

Soy isoflavones significantly reduced DHT levels and increased testosterone levels in male rats. An intake of 3.3 mg of isoflavones per day was the most effective of the three treatments tested. A lower intake showed similar but less pronounced effects, while a higher intake did not appear to further add to the effect.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    For the Soy-haters:

Soy Isoflavones Reduce DHT, Increase Testosterone

Soybeans contain the isoflavones genistein and daidzein. (Photo by T. Hagihara)

There's a lot of speculation on how soy intake and hair growth are related, so in a series of posts beginning with this one, we'll be taking a look at what the studies have to say. Hopefully, it will become clear whether soy isoflavones really do anything, how much isoflavones is the optimal intake, and whether oral or topical is the way to go.

In the first study we'll look at, male rats were fed soy isoflavones in various amounts (link). After a week, their testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels were measured. Since reducing DHT levels seems to be an effective way to reduce hair loss, this should be an interesting study for people considering soy isoflavones as a remedy.

Composition of the soy diets

To find out how soy isoflavones and androgen levels are related, the authors conducted two experiments. In the first experiment, rats in the treatment group were given soy flour with their normal chow. In the second experiment, rats in the treatment groups were given either a soy methanol extract or semipurified soy isoflavones.

The isoflavone content of the soy flour was 1.92 mg/g. The isoflavone contents of the soy methanol extract and semipurified soy isoflavones were 3.38 mg/g and 218 mg/g, respectively. In the first experiment, the rats in the treatment group received 442.7 g/kg soy flour in their diet. In the second experiment, they received 20 g/kg of soy extract or 2 g/kg of soy isoflavones in their diets.

Long story short, the according to the authors, the actual soy isoflavone intakes of the rats were as follows: 19 mg/day in the soy flour group, 0.9 mg/day in the soy extract group, and 3.3 mg/day in the soy isoflavone group. The control groups consumed zero soy isoflavones.

Soy isoflavones and DHT

Rats on the soy flour diet had significantly lower DHT levels than rats on the control diet. Similarly, the DHT levels of the rats on the soy isoflavone diet were about 60% lower DHT than in the control group. On soy extract diet DHT levels tended to decrease, but the difference was not statistically significant.

The figure above shows the DHT levels for the soy extract and soy isoflavone diets compared to the control group. The observed decrease in DHT from the soy flour diet (not shown above) was similar to that of the soy extract diet, with the exception that the difference was statistically significant.

Soy isoflavones and testosterone

Rats on the soy flour diet had similar levels of testosterone + dihydrotestosterone (T+DHT) as the control group. Since their DHT levels were lower, however, this means that there was an increase in testosterone from eating the soy flour diet. In the soy isoflavone diet, this effect was even clearer; not only was the reduction in DHT balanced by an increase in testosterone, but the total T+DHT levels were much higher than they were before the diet.

The figure above shows the T+DHT levels of the soy extract and soy isoflavone diets compared to the control group. Testosterone levels tended to increase and DHT levels tended to decrease also on the soy extract diet, but again, the differences were not statistically significant.

The fact that the soy isoflavone showed significant effects and the soy extract is possibly due to the differences in soy isoflavone content of the diets. The rats on the soy extract diet consumed only 0.9 mg/day, while those on the isoflavone diet consumed 3.3 mg/day. The two graphs shown here seem to support the idea that the effect is dose-dependent.

What is confusing, however, is that the soy flour diet showed a less pronounced effect than the soy isoflavone diet even though it had a much higher isoflavone content. Perhaps the dose-response is not linear but a bell curve. Unfortunately, the authors offer no explanation or theory for the results in the paper.

Conclusion

Soy isoflavones significantly reduced DHT levels and increased testosterone levels in male rats. An intake of 3.3 mg of isoflavones per day was the most effective of the three treatments tested. A lower intake showed similar but less pronounced effects, while a higher intake did not appear to further add to the effect.
    There is conflicting data on Soy my friend. I know you know that though. If it works for you, then great.

Hope your well Nark.

Welshguy1 is offline New Member
    Iv read through your thread and Im confused at one point tho, you say we should use the Katch-McArdle calculations but whats the difference between lean mass and how much someone weighs? Sorry if its explained somewhere but I didnt find a answer. If their the same thing then sorry in advance lol.
    BMR:

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    Noted.

'Harder' in what way?

the intense amount of reps really pushes my muscles hard. i really wont feel serious weight training any more unless i do something crazy like a pyramid untill absolute failure.

No... as I said, you'd be better off doing cardio.

yea i ve begun to do this is seems to work more.
    Noted.

See previous suggestions.
    im not sure about my lean body mass. im not sure how to check this but my fat is diminishing

srebrenica is offline Junior Member
    i was wondering if your able to look at my diet and see if am on the right track am trying to bulk up. Thanks in advance.

Current:
    19 years old
    5'10
    173 lbs
    9 bf

Bulking Phase
    Total 3,200
    Protein 240g
    Fat 71 g

Meal 1 60 protein, 18 fat, 100 carbs (3 different meals for meal 1 which i switch up once in a while)

1. 6 eggs 3 whites
    2c plain yogurt
    3/4c blue berries/strawberries/mixed berries
    2. 8oz lean meat
    5c hash browns
    1 piece whole fruit
    3. 1.5c cream of rice/oatmeal/ or 3 pieces whole fruit
    60g whey protein
    stevia to taste

Meal 2 60 protein 18 fat 100 carbs

8 oz round steak trimmed lean or white meat
    2 c brown rice
    mixed veggies/salad

Pre or Post workout meal 50 g carbs 30 protein
    1 large banana 30 liquid protein whey
    1.5 bottle carbo force/ protein bar/whey

Meal 3 30 g protein, 10 fat, 50 g carbs
    1 c brown rice/2 potatos/large yam/whole wheat pasta/corn tortilles/bread
    1 c steamed veggies
    5 0z chicken

Meal 4 60 protein 18 fat 100g carbs
    2 c brown rice
    mixed veggies/ salad/ 1t/ olive oil

Supplments

***** fatty acid - morning
    Multi vitmain - A.M
    Amino Acids pre-post workout
    Glutamine post workout/ before bed
    Creatine Mono Pre workout
    Digestive Ezymes Am before breakfast

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    I finally took the time to go through the entire post, and the information is incredible. thanks for taking the time to do this.

-------
    Last edited by paddy155; 01-24-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Hey Nark. What dose of Serrapeptase do you recomend daily ?

thegoodstuff is offline New Member

Im looking for some diet advice

Hello AR... Narkissos here.

I figure that most of you know me.

Some...from my years here.

Some...as my clients.

Others, having followed my articles 'elsewhere'.

Those of you that have been around for a while know that I specialize in training and nutrition... with specific emphasis on contest prep.

Those of you who've worked with me know that my approach to dieting differs significantly to the norm on the boards.

This thread serves to supply free dieting advice based on what I have tested and applied many times over on clients.

I do not subscribe to the pro/fat school of dieting... Ergo, I will be representing a higher-carb approach.

Novastepp will be assisting in this regard...as his views on dieting are similar to my own...

...Similar... but dissimilar as well.

On this thread you'll get no-nonsense advice...from two points of view.

A warning beforehand... Leave your ego at the door

Nark and Nova are primed to rock this joint!!!

-CNS
    OK I am new on here but i have a couple ?s...i was thinking about trying to find some supplements that can help me gain some mad muscle fast..but then after reading a lot of these threads i don't know if that's the best choice...i have a really fast metabolism and i asked around and everyone told me to get on a diet plan so i did...i did this for 3 months and didn't gain anything...i talked to my doctor and he said that i have an overactive metabolism but since I am healthy and physically fit he said he couldn't put me on anything...i love to lift and workout but i have no body fat...i lift 5 days a week and was hoping to find some supplement to fit into my schedule to help me with my little problem...don't get me wrong i don't want gain a lot of fat but i would like to gain a good 15 pounds of muscle if possible and a little bit of fat. i am 5 foot 8" and i weigh 145 i bench 300lbs and would like for all of this to go up by a lot what should i do? is there anything to help me eat more or slow my metabolism?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    There is conflicting data on Soy my friend. I know you know that though. If it works for you, then great.

Hope your well Nark.
    Agreed.

I was just presenting the pro-Soy side of the argument.

I've been using it for years... but I realize, much like everything else related to our lifestyle, there's a lot of conflicting data.

Personally I believe that, in the face of such data, an individual should try things for themselves.

Hope all is well with you also my friend

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshguy1 View Post
    Iv read through your thread and Im confused at one point tho, you say we should use the Katch-McArdle calculations but whats the difference between lean mass and how much someone weighs? Sorry if its explained somewhere but I didnt find a answer. If their the same thing then sorry in advance lol.
    BMR:

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)
    It's pretty simple:

-"Total mass" = how much the individual weights

-"lean" mass = the percentage of total mass that is 'lean'

So, if an individual is 200 lbs @ 10% bodyfat... then "lean mass" = 180 lbs.

Ergo, the amount said individual would use for the Katch-McArdle calculation would be 180 lbs.

Straight-forwrd... no?

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyL View Post
    I finally took the time to go through the entire post, and the information is incredible. thanks for taking the time to do this.
    np mate.

Sorry it takes a while to get back to some of these posts. I'm taking a sabbatical from school right now to expand my businesses. So, I'm working 18-hour days some days.

bump!

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy155 View Post
    Hey Nark. What dose of Serrapeptase do you recomend daily ?
    If you're off-cycle, and starting the compound for anti-inflammatory/digestive reasons: 10 mg/ED

If you're on cycle... 20 mg ED

If you've been injured: 30 mg ED (until swelling/pain subsides)... Break the dosage into three 10 mg applications.

NB: 20mg should provide about 40, 000 active units.

There are no negative sides reported at up to 120, 000 active units per day... 'cept some lower intestinal discomfort.

Personally, if I were to be injured, I'd go up to 120, 000 U/day.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodstuff View Post
    OK I am new on here but i have a couple ?s...i was thinking about trying to find some supplements that can help me gain some mad muscle fast..but then after reading a lot of these threads i don't know if that's the best choice...i have a really fast metabolism and i asked around and everyone told me to get on a diet plan so i did...i did this for 3 months and didn't gain anything...i talked to my doctor and he said that i have an overactive metabolism but since I am healthy and physically fit he said he couldn't put me on anything...i love to lift and workout but i have no body fat...i lift 5 days a week and was hoping to find some supplement to fit into my schedule to help me with my little problem...don't get me wrong i don't want gain a lot of fat but i would like to gain a good 15 pounds of muscle if possible and a little bit of fat. i am 5 foot 8" and i weigh 145 i bench 300lbs and would like for all of this to go up by a lot what should i do? is there anything to help me eat more or slow my metabolism?
    Post the plan you used.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by srebrenica View Post
    i was wondering if your able to look at my diet and see if am on the right track am trying to bulk up. Thanks in advance.

Current:
    19 years old
    5'10
    173 lbs
    9 bf

Bulking Phase
    Total 3,200
    Protein 240g
    Fat 71 g

Meal 1 60 protein, 18 fat, 100 carbs (3 different meals for meal 1 which i switch up once in a while)

1. 6 eggs 3 whites
    2c plain yogurt
    3/4c blue berries/strawberries/mixed berries
    2. 8oz lean meat
    5c hash browns
    1 piece whole fruit
    3. 1.5c cream of rice/oatmeal/ or 3 pieces whole fruit
    60g whey protein
    stevia to taste

Meal 2 60 protein 18 fat 100 carbs

2 c brown rice
    mixed veggies/salad

Pre or Post workout meal 50 g carbs 30 protein
    1 large banana 30 liquid protein whey
    1.5 bottle carbo force/ protein bar/whey

Meal 3 30 g protein, 10 fat, 50 g carbs
    1 c brown rice/2 potatos/large yam/whole wheat pasta/corn tortilles/bread
    1 c steamed veggies
    5 0z chicken

Meal 4 60 protein 18 fat 100g carbs
    2 c brown rice
    mixed veggies/ salad/ 1t/ olive oil

Supplments

***** fatty acid - morning
    Multi vitmain - A.M
    Amino Acids pre-post workout
    Glutamine post workout/ before bed
    Creatine Mono Pre workout
    Digestive Ezymes Am before breakfast
    All of those calories piled in to 4 meals per day?

No.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by csavage0 View Post
    This is from fitday. I may need to reformat this I'm guessing

Food Name Amount Unit Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g) Delete
    Egg, white only, raw 10 large egg white 172 0.6 2.4 36.0
    Tuna, canned 2 cup, solid or chunks, drained 341 2.4 0.0 75.0
    Bread, whole wheat 2 regular slice 200 1.9 24.5 12.0
    protien shake 2 serving 220 4.0 4.0 48.0
    Beef steak, lean only eaten 11 oz, boneless, cooked, lean only 583 20.7 0.0 93.0
    Mixed nuts 0.25 cup 219 20.0 7.7 5.9
    Egg, whole, raw 3 large 214 14.9 1.2 18.9

Calories
    Grams Calories %-Cals
    Calories 2,993
    Fat 85.4 754 25 %
    Saturated 22.0 195 7 %
    Polyunsaturated 14.4 126 4 %
    Monounsaturated 33.4 293 10 %
    Carbohydrate 94.0 382 13 %
    Dietary Fiber 12.8
    Protein 439.4 1,843 62 %
    Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

Fat (25%) Carbs (13%)
    Protein (62%) Alcohol (0%)

Description

Im doing eca and cardio for 60 min(6 days a week) walking on incline or the eliptical.
    How is this spread over the day?

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Narkissos quoted in UK-based Fitness Publication - Feb 2010

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

boxoffail is offline New Member
    I am lookin for help in the diet section, and was wondering if you would be able to help me? Here is a little history and some current stats:

I am 20 years old, and in the military active duty. Before I joined, I was 235 lbs, and never went to the gym a single day in my life.

However throughout my basic training and AIT I dropped to 155lbs (at my lowest) but I did it super unhealthy; as in I survived off of a small bag of cheetos and a soda every day for almost 9 months. So my body suffered a lot in that period, sure I lost the weight, but I lost the muscle as well, and had miles of extra skin due to how fast I dropped it.

Well, since then I've been actually going to the gym, and I've been eating a regular meal, and I am still managing to maintain my weight around 165-170lbs, with a lot more muscle, and some fat now as well, and of course still miles of extra skin.

What I am after is getting Cut. but I have honestly no idea how to do it. So I thought I would come to you because, I have seen your name tossed around these forums like a beachball at a nickleback concert.

Currently:
    168lbs
    bf: not exactly sure, i would assume around 15-18%
    height: 5'11

My goal would be to get 185 lbs, and be Cut

so Just lookin for some help, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
    Tim

ultra40 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Nark, you responded to my private message to post my diet here so i copied and pasted my finished product that i juts posted in the diet forums, thank!

Please critique. It took me a while to create a diet that worked for me. Im on a training program where i rarely ever do more than 3 reps and i'm gaining good mass but i wasnt gaining weight so i knew i had to force more calories down my throat.
    Stats-
    6'4
    Goal-260-270
    Bf-11%
    Goal- No more than 13%
    Bench-450
    Squat-400 WEAK! (Football Injuries, working hard on legs to improve)
    Deadlift- 500- Wokring to improve
    Powerclean- 325

Maintenance Calories= 3600
    Goal-4000-4100 calories- 20Fats/40Carbs/40Pro

(Calories-Fat/Carbs/Pro)

Meal 1- 2 slices wheat toast (140-1/28/4) 4 eggs (320-18/4/24)
    2 egg whites (34-0/0/9) 1 oz cheese(114-9/0/7) 1 Tbsp Jelly (50-0/15/0)

Total=658-28/47/44

Meal 2- ½ Cup Almonds (340-30/10/12)

Meal3- can of tuna (100-2/0/22) 1 cup brown rice (240- 2/48/4)

Total=340-4/48/26

PWO- PWO shake- 1 cup Oats(300-6/54/10), 1 scoop isoprotein,(105-0/1.5/25), 2 scoops MM (260-4/45/20) Tsp honey(60-0/17/0)

Total=725-10/117/55

PPWO-Meal4[/i][/i]- 8oz lean beef(340-16/0/46) 1 cup brown rice (240- 2/48/4)
    2 cups fat free milk (180-0/26/18)

Total=760-18/74/68

Meal 5- 8oz chicken(240-2/0/52) Sweet potato 1cup/1large (180-0/41/4)

Total= 420- 2/41/56

Meal 6- 8oz lean beef(340-16/0/46) 1 cup brown rice (240- 2/48/4)

Total=580-18/48/50

Meal 7- 2 scoops casein- (80-0/0/40)2 cups fat free milk (180-0/26/18)

Total=260-0/26/58

Total Daily= 4056-104/411/369

I'll post some pics later on and keep the progress reported.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boxoffail View Post
    I am lookin for help in the diet section, and was wondering if you would be able to help me? Here is a little history and some current stats:

I am 20 years old, and in the military active duty. Before I joined, I was 235 lbs, and never went to the gym a single day in my life.
    Noted.

However throughout my basic training and AIT I dropped to 155lbs (at my lowest) but I did it super unhealthy; as in I survived off of a small bag of cheetos and a soda every day for almost 9 months.
    That's just crazy man. :|

So my body suffered a lot in that period, sure I lost the weight, but I lost the muscle as well, and had miles of extra skin due to how fast I dropped it.
    I can only imagine.

Well, since then I've been actually going to the gym, and I've been eating a regular meal, and I am still managing to maintain my weight around 165-170lbs, with a lot more muscle, and some fat now as well, and of course still miles of extra skin.

What I am after is getting Cut. but I have honestly no idea how to do it. So I thought I would come to you because, I have seen your name tossed around these forums like a beachball at a nickleback concert.

Currently:
    168lbs
    bf: not exactly sure, i would assume around 15-18%
    height: 5'11

My goal would be to get 185 lbs, and be Cut

so Just lookin for some help, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Hi Tim.

Honestly, I think you need to start over from the beginning altogether.

Gonna hit you with a PM to give you some reading material which should help you put together a basic diet.

Hear you shortly.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    So I thought I would come to you because, I have seen your name tossed around these forums like a beachball at a nickleback concert.
    ^^ I like that quote.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra40 View Post
    Hey Nark, you responded to my private message to post my diet here so i copied and pasted my finished product that i juts posted in the diet forums, thank!
    Sweet.

Please critique. It took me a while to create a diet that worked for me. Im on a training program where i rarely ever do more than 3 reps and i'm gaining good mass but i wasnt gaining weight so i knew i had to force more calories down my throat.
    I hope you aren't indiscriminately gaining weight.

Stats-
    6'4
    Goal-260-270
    Bf-11%
    Goal- No more than 13%
    Bench-450
    Squat-400 WEAK! (Football Injuries, working hard on legs to improve)
    Deadlift- 500- Wokring to improve
    Powerclean- 325
    Nice numbers mate

Maintenance Calories= 3600
    Goal-4000-4100 calories- 20Fats/40Carbs/40Pro
    Nice.

(Calories-Fat/Carbs/Pro)

Meal 1- 2 slices wheat toast (140-1/28/4) 4 eggs (320-18/4/24)
    2 egg whites (34-0/0/9) 1 oz cheese(114-9/0/7) 1 Tbsp Jelly (50-0/15/0)

Total=658-28/47/44
    Way too much fat IMO.

Meal 2- ½ Cup Almonds (340-30/10/12)

Meal3- can of tuna (100-2/0/22) 1 cup brown rice (240- 2/48/4)

Total=340-4/48/26

PWO- PWO shake- 1 cup Oats(300-6/54/10), 1 scoop isoprotein,(105-0/1.5/25), 2 scoops MM (260-4/45/20) Tsp honey(60-0/17/0)

Total=725-10/117/55

PPWO-Meal4[/i][/i]- 8oz lean beef(340-16/0/46) 1 cup brown rice (240- 2/48/4)
    2 cups fat free milk (180-0/26/18)

Total=760-18/74/68

Meal 5- 8oz chicken(240-2/0/52) Sweet potato 1cup/1large (180-0/41/4)

Total= 420- 2/41/56

Meal 6- 8oz lean beef(340-16/0/46) 1 cup brown rice (240- 2/48/4)

Total=580-18/48/50

Meal 7- 2 scoops casein- (80-0/0/40)2 cups fat free milk (180-0/26/18)

Total=260-0/26/58

Total Daily= 4056-104/411/369
    That's almost 25% of your calories from fat... Just an FYI

Overall the diet isn't bad.

You have your macros all over the place though.

Some meals are way too high in fat, while others are way too low in fat... like the last meal for example: too low in fat.

You need to spread your macros out over the course of the day.

I'll post some pics later on and keep the progress reported.
    Will look out for 'em.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

ultra40 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Nark! you've always been great. My Fat macros got thrown off because i was 600 calories under and had to re-access my diet to get more fat. I'll prob replace one of the ground beef meals with a lean fish and i could cut the number of almonds down. Thanks for the help!

MurphDawgg485 is offline Junior Member
    hey man im trying to get on stage one day i am very driving, Trying to eventually be on stage someday here is a link to my diet and pics of before and after i started. please help me figure out a well balanced plan to get me where I need to be

dmitryone is offline New Member
    Hi Nark.

I checked other diets in this thread and you give excellent advices and recommendations. Huge respect for you for your help.

I am in process of making and counting my cutting diet. But I am a little lost in macros.

I have electro grill in my kitchen. So I grill all my chicken breast, lean beef, and tilapia – no oil added during cooking.

In one diet I see,for example

6oz chicken breast 170/ 33 / 0 / 4 - (Cal/ pro / carbs /fats)

But in fitday.com it will looks like:

6 oz. (170g) chicken breast boneless, cooked 330/50 /0/13 - (Cal/ pro / carbs /fats)

So, where is right?
    Do I need to weight chicken breast cooked? Because after cooking it is much less in weight. And what are proper macros for 6oz. chicken breast?

And I eat 1 cup (100g) broccoli in every meal. Do I have to count it too?

Thank you.
    Last edited by dmitryone; 02-13-2010 at 11:33 PM.

if any vets are willing to help i would appreciate it, still have not got an answer. again here is the link to my diet and training routine.- Trying to eventually be on stage someday

over812 is offline Junior Member
    What a great thread! I've spent the better half of the afternoon reading through it! Thank you Narkissos!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Nark! you've always been great. My Fat macros got thrown off because i was 600 calories under and had to re-access my diet to get more fat. I'll prob replace one of the ground beef meals with a lean fish and i could cut the number of almonds down. Thanks for the help!
    Never a problem mate.

Good luck.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphDawgg485 View Post
    hey man im trying to get on stage one day i am very driving, Trying to eventually be on stage someday here is a link to my diet and pics of before and after i started. please help me figure out a well balanced plan to get me where I need to be
    I'll hit you with a PM to give you something to read to get you started.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    if any vets are willing to help i would appreciate it, still have not got an answer. again here is the link to my diet and training routine.- Trying to eventually be on stage someday
    FYI: You have no 'diet' listed on that thread.

Like everybody here, you need to put in the effort.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitryone View Post
    Hi Nark.
    Hi mate.

I checked other diets in this thread and you give excellent advices and recommendations. Huge respect for you for your help.
    Appreciated.

I am in process of making and counting my cutting diet. But I am a little lost in macros.
    Lost? Why?

I have electro grill in my kitchen. So I grill all my chicken breast, lean beef, and tilapia – no oil added during cooking.
    Noted.

In one diet I see,for example

6oz chicken breast 170/ 33 / 0 / 4 - (Cal/ pro / carbs /fats)

But in fitday.com it will looks like:

6 oz. (170g) chicken breast boneless, cooked 330/50 /0/13 - (Cal/ pro / carbs /fats)

So, where is right?
    Both.

Cooked macros (and micros) for most foods differ from macros of the foods in the raw state.

Do I need to weight chicken breast cooked? Because after cooking it is much less in weight.
    No.

If you use the calculate raw macros, you're good to go.

And what are proper macros for 6oz. chicken breast?
    See above.

And I eat 1 cup (100g) broccoli in every meal. Do I have to count it too?

Thank you.
    ^^You should.

Well... let me take that back.

Instead I'll say: Whether you should or not depends on your goals.

If you're cutting, I'd say definitely.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by over812 View Post
    What a great thread! I've spent the better half of the afternoon reading through it! Thank you Narkissos!
    Thank you for the kind words mate.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

im new here how do i see my messages?

Blog Entries
    im new here how do i see my messages?
    You didn't have enough posts to enable your PMs... so I sent you an email. Check the email addy you registered with.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Thank you sir

I did not get the email, i will stick to this current diet i have for about two weeks until i gain enough posts to get pms, I will hear from you then man.

Thread Information