Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    aight thats what i like to hear my man. And yea it came with that black soy looking sauce,but i just took a guess that its unhealthy so i didnt use it. is it healthy? if so ill pour it all over my food then...

and thx again.
    Nah, definitely not - at least the ones i've seen are loaded with oil and sugar. If you want, drizzle a bit for flavor but definitely don't pour it all over your food!

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminX View Post
    Yeah GB looked into the increased estrogen statements. I believe it only increases something which mimics estrogen not actual estrogen. also i found it hard to find actual studies which reported this link. Lastly Nark uses soy products, although that isn't a reason to use them I trust his judgement on the issue.

Do you know of studies that found a significant link?
    Yes, from what I've seen it's definitely a debatable claim. However personally, I tend to err on the side of caution until I know for sure. I simply limit my soy intake, whereas you appear to be relying on it as a main source, that'd be my only concern for you. Have you thought about beef protein? How about egg? Just throwing out some options.

You friends with Nark? Do we know eachother from elsewhere!?!

Nark does eat soy (tofu, etc) however I don't think it's a staple. How the hell could it be, the guy's diet is like 90% pork!!

VitaminX is offline New Member
    The problem is when you start avoiding stuff because controversy exists , you are limited to a tiny amount of stuff. Everything is debatable in the fitness industry thats why I am only dissuaded by substantive evidence.

VitaminX is offline New Member
    also im willing to bet that most of the anti soy debate is fuelled by studies financed from a while ago by the red meat industry trying to promote itself against non-meat alternatives. This is mostly conjecture but it seems likely indeed,

The problem is when you start avoiding stuff because controversy exists , you are limited to a tiny amount of stuff. Everything is debatable in the fitness industry thats why I am only dissuaded by substantive evidence.
    Never much of a fan of soy personally, so for me it's not an issue.

also im willing to bet that most of the anti soy debate is fuelled by studies financed from a while ago by the red meat industry trying to promote itself against non-meat alternatives. This is mostly conjecture but it seems likely indeed,
    lol, most likely!

Myers is offline Associate Member
    Hey since im on a cutting diet and my macros are : 2200 cal,300 g p,51 g c,23 g f
    And my BMI is 2204
    and TDEE 3307
    i guess i need more calories right?at first look it seems im low on carbs so i thought about taking one supp. called carb slam for extra carb(30 g carbs per scoop) should i do that and how many carbs should i take for a day?Also should i increase fats intake?
    P.S. Is a peanut butter good idea to increase carb/fat/calorie intake?If yes,how many should i eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Hey since im on a cutting diet and my macros are : 2200 cal,300 g p,51 g c,23 g f
    This works out to roughly 1600 calories, not 2200.

And my BMI is 2204
    and TDEE 3307
    How did you arrive at these figures? What are your stats? Age, height, weight, BF%, etc.

i guess i need more calories right?
    More than 1600? Probably, at least on some days. More than 2200? Maybe... depends on your stats.

at first look it seems im low on carbs so i thought about taking one supp. called carb slam for extra carb(30 g carbs per scoop) should i do that
    What's wrong with real food? At 50g of carbs/day, i'd crave more carbs via real food.

and how many carbs should i take for a day?
    Again, this all depends on your stats and plan of attack. Personally my carbs wouldn't be the same every day.

Also should i increase fats intake?
    Regardless of stats - yes, definitely.

P.S. Is a peanut butter good idea to increase carb/fat/calorie intake?
    Carb - no. We're talking about natty PB, not Skippy or Jif filled with a bunch of sugar, right? Fat - it's decent. Nuts/nut butters have a pretty good fat profile in general. Personally, the only fat I supplement, other than some natty PB as a guilty pleasure (still accounted for however), are fish oil caps. 0mega-3 fatty acids are what I focus on. Nuts contain very little.

If yes,how many should i eat?
    Again, depends on stats and plan of attack!

Sorry - these questions can't be given 'canned' responses. There are many ways to go about setting up a diet, and food quantities etc. will depend greatly on this. Before that though, we need to know about you!

Okay,my stats are : 191 cm height,95kg weight,19% bf

Hittin gym 5 times a week(back,shoulders,chest,legs,arms) + 4 times a week cardio
    Edit: a bit of miscalculation BMI is exactly 2200.1
    and TDEE is 3795.1725 ( if i go with x1.725 - but i don't know if my 5 times gym and 4 times cardio count as very active or just moderately?)
    Ty for all the help in advance!
    Last edited by Myers; 06-08-2012 at 01:00 PM.

^^ you still around? Haven't seen you on.

bobjack is offline Associate Member
    so when weighing beef what do you count raw or cooked?

i measured 6 oz 90% lean paddies then when they got done grilling they were 3.5 oz each

just seems like a huge difference and could make or break your diet if you counted the wrong one.

Yah I'm here,was w8ing for the answer , started clen 1 and a half week ago,i increased UH as u told me(but not the same amount every day i usually go 2 days high UH,2 days moderate,3 days low) results are good for now,i'm at 80 mcg of clen gonna go to 100 probably in 2 days..

Quote Originally Posted by bobjack View Post
    so when weighing beef what do you count raw or cooked?
    Always raw.

i measured 6 oz 90% lean paddies then when they got done grilling they were 3.5 oz each

just seems like a huge difference and could make or break your diet if you counted the wrong one.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right. My beef portion size is 7oz raw and comes out to around 4.5oz or so. I've found that beef generally loses more weight than other meats. Mostly water weight, but depending on how you cook it, also some fat. Using a leaner beef will yield less loss since there isn't as much fat.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    the mythical lbm bulk ... or maybe not so much

been lifting since march, i have great genetics but i have always abused them. before that it was like 13 years since i was in teh gym. im making great gains and using linear progression 4 times a week as a push/pull hst style training.

1.)Im 33, 5'10 and 91kgs,

2.) i want to stay 91-93kgs and drop 8-10% body fat.

3.)I want the calories necessary to recover for my linear progression and especially when i do negatives ( i always get the flu when i get to my 2 week negative phase.)

4.) im a chef in a very old school demanding HIGH volume kitchen, im on my feet 10 hours, no break and i get 1 day a week off which i normally will over eat, its my big eat day. i also commute 90 minutes each way via a train. I can get a solid breaky in, eat something when i get to work, but over the next 8 hours its non stop work. I can eat after that, i have decent low sugar protein bars to eat during that time but im looking for a recipe to make really high protein bars with out sugar. then i can eat again on the train, 1-2 times before bed and a shake with flax seed at bed time.

5.) brown rice, ground extra lean beef and ground turkey and broccoli are my friend as is oats, fat reduced cheese, blueberries. solid eggs, liquid egg whites and whey isolate shakes.

6.)im considering running clen with ketofin straight for 6 weeks, adding in as much cardio ontop of my weight training. BUT i want to have my diet dialed in.

7.) my head space is this .. I NEED TO EAT TO GROW, but for teh first time in my life i wanna look good and be lean like i was when i was younger.

8.) i am on trt

9.) by losing the extra fat i dont need, and being disciplined hopefully i can eat clean and clean bulk and let hard work and time run its course.

thanks!!

edit*** should i be looking at if? with my life style
    Last edited by mockery; 06-22-2012 at 01:08 AM.

^^ I don't have time atm to go into any detail, but to answer your last question - as soon as I started reading about your job (I used to be a chef as well and am very familiar with the demanding lifestyle), I thought of IF for you right away. I think it'd be a perfect fit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ I don't have time atm to go into any detail, but to answer your last question - as soon as I started reading about your job (I used to be a chef as well and am very familiar with the demanding lifestyle), I thought of IF for you right away. I think it'd be a perfect fit.
    ive been skimming over your IF thread a good amount, u have said a few times about mistakes you have made etc and how you would do things differently... id love to pick your brain and if you could compile a small list of where you went wrong before and how to correct that that would be great.

I have read lean gains years ago and was reading about 24/24 IF and not the 16/16 or the 8 hour window it is? <-- bit confused

Is there a simplified write up on IF all in one write up? im a smart guy but its seems the info is very scattered all over. any help would be great

Once i know teh essential supplements i will need and purchases all of them, become educated and set up a 12 week+ goal i will start.

Also is teh IF calculator any good ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    ive been skimming over your IF thread a good amount, u have said a few times about mistakes you have made etc and how you would do things differently... id love to pick your brain and if you could compile a small list of where you went wrong before and how to correct that that would be great.
    Specifically regarding IF, or just my bodybuilding experience in general?

I have read lean gains years ago and was reading about 24/24 IF and not the 16/16 or the 8 hour window it is? <-- bit confused
    Leangains protocol is 16/8.

Is there a simplified write up on IF all in one write up? im a smart guy but its seems the info is very scattered all over. any help would be great
    Check out the free ebook by Dr. John Berardi, titled 'Experiments with Intermittent Fasting' and find the appropriate section - it's broken down pretty well.

Once i know teh essential supplements i will need and purchases all of them, become educated and set up a 12 week+ goal i will start.
    IMO, nothing is really 'essential' other than a good multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil caps, and maybe some vitamins B and C. If you'll be training and/or doing fasted cardio, BCAA's would be a good investment. Protein powders too unless you plan to get all your protein needs via whole food.

Also is teh IF calculator any good ?
    Personally, I didn't like it. Set my caloric goal way higher than it should have been. Such has been the case with any online calcs i've used though, regardless of IF or not.

Blog Entries
    Specifically regarding IF, or just my bodybuilding experience in general?
    Regarding the IF, i have read your other stuff. But that was reference to your 2 IF threads.

1.)Can IF continue through a AAS cutter? for 8 weeks?

2.)for setting goals for body re comp... how do i go about planning that? Example: dropping bf % target, then lean bulk goal, then eat maintenance target? im not asking for you to set up a program for me just curious how i should plan everything accordingly.

3.) best way to get bodyfat %? bmi machine said i was like 33% when i was 97kgs at my height of 5'10 but i didn't look like i was over 18%

4.) my tummy sticks out just a bit standing up, but its solid to touch ,poke etc? but no defined abs. Im assuming this wont go away? so i just have to tone the area for definition and leaner foods?

thanks, that is it for now

Regarding the IF, i have read your other stuff. But that was reference to your 2 IF threads.
    Gotcha. I'd have to think back to last year. I'm pretty on point this time around, I believe so anyway!

1.)Can IF continue through a AAS cutter? for 8 weeks?
    Off the top of my head, I don't see why not. What would the cycle consist of?

2.)for setting goals for body re comp... how do i go about planning that? Example: dropping bf % target, then lean bulk goal, then eat maintenance target? im not asking for you to set up a program for me just curious how i should plan everything accordingly.
    Not really. That would simply be a cut, then a bulk, then a maintenance plan. A recomp is the longer, slower process - but for many (I did it), it's the better choice as you're not dealing with having to severely cut after a big fat adding bulk, nor are you losing a ton of muscle because you're pissing it all away cutting.

IMO, carb cycling is the only way to go. It's the best of both worlds. You have short periods of cutting, 'bulking', and maintaining all within the same week. When I worked with Nark last year, my carb cycle was set up as:

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - moderate carb (calories around maintenance) - hardest workouts, legs, etc. Goal to maintain or possibly grow muscle

Thursday/Friday/Saturday - low carb (no starchy, veggies only, calories a few hundred below maintenance) - more conditioning type workouts, cardio intensive, total body, etc. Goal to deplete glycogen stores and burn maximum amount of bodyfat

Sunday - high carb (carb refeed, calories above maintenance) - complete rest day, no training, no cardio. Goal to restore glycogen and refuel for following week, rebuild tissue, etc.

Cardio Monday through Saturday.

I saw excellent results with this type of schedule. When you think about it, it just makes logical (and physiological) sense.

3.) best way to get bodyfat %? bmi machine said i was like 33% when i was 97kgs at my height of 5'10 but i didn't look like i was over 18%
    Hate those machines. Calipers would be a good option - your gym should be able to do it. Ask for at least a 7 point reading. If they can't/won't, you can get your own, it's not that tough. Also, some of us are pretty good at estimating based on pics. You can post some up, or PM me if you're uncomfortable with that.

4.) my tummy sticks out just a bit standing up, but its solid to touch ,poke etc? but no defined abs. Im assuming this wont go away? so i just have to tone the area for definition and leaner foods?
    I have the same problem. Very likely visceral fat. We won't know until you get really shredded, as it'll likely be the last to go. I got down to around 9% (my avy condition) and still had it.

Blog Entries
    carb cycling sounds good,

but before i get that in depth. i m curious for re comp what % i should go below maintenance , and if i am carb cycling what % above?

how complex is proper re comp? is it in a sense very slow and painful, mess with your head?

im doing 4 day a week push/pull. I use to squat heavy, but i don't want the calorie intake i once had to before to recovery. so high carbs on work out days, and low carbs on off days. and generally my one day a week off work hit the food like a boss?

zivot is offline Junior Member
    Hey gbrice75, I'm new to this forum but I saw that you already have a thread made where I would be able to ask questions pertaining to my diet.

I'm 19 years old, 6'0, 260 pounds. I'm not sure what my bf% is, but I have too much fat that I would like to lose. I've currently been weightlifting (Olympic) for that past 7 months, and even though the O-Lifts and most of the assistance lifts don't have any direct hypertrophy to the muscles, I can definitely see some definition in my legs, shoulders, raised traps, upper back, and lats. Within the next couple of days I'm going to be making a transition into training for Strongman on my own (without Strongman event equipment, but a gym where I can do most assistance stuff as well as general hypertrophy lifts) but I would also like to lose some of my fat so I can starter out a little lighter and leaner, as well as so I can have a better looking body.

That may be a lot of information, but I'm saying this because I'm looking for a diet that can help cut some of my body off my body (it's mainly my stomach, love handles, and fat over the chest), but I also need the nutrients for both energy and recovery so I can improve in some of my lifts and get stronger.

Now I understand that both fat and carbs is used for diet, and that depending on what you're doing, you're main source of energy should come from a single one. Now I recently read on ********* that men biologically aren't supposed to have a large amount of fat on them, so supposedly by cutting carbs (the first energy burner from my understanding) guys with a bf% should start burning energy immediately using the fat in their fat cells.

Now I haven't been eating a planned, regimented, clean diet for the past couple of months, but I have taken things like soda, candy, fast food, etc. completely out of my diet. However, since I've only lost 5 pounds since starting the O-Lifts (which may be more fat but with the muscle gained could equal to only a 5 pounds of body weight lost), I know my diet has been screwy. Some days I'll eat more calories to do anything to recover faster on days where my body is really beat. But I want to start eating as clean as I can without taking away from any recovery or energy traits.

This is a somewhat "decent" representation of how I currently eat.

Wake up: immediately drink a serving of Optimum Nutrition Whey protein.

Breakfast (meal 1):
    - Either Nature's Path Blueberry Cinnamon Cereal (1 bowl with skin milk) or a bowl of oatmeal
    - Either a piece of chicken breast (grilled, usually about 3-5 ounces) or two pieces of chicken thighs (baked, about 3-5 ounces)
    - A cup of green vegetables (green beans, kale, spinach, collard greens, broccoli, etc.)
    - Either a banana or an apple

Lunch (meal 2)
    - Grilled chicken breast or baked chicken thighs (about 8 ounces)
    - A cup of green vegetables (green beans, kale, spinach, collard greens, broccoli, etc.)
    - Chobani 0% Greek yogurt
    - About a tablespoon or soynuts (mixed into yogurt)

- Recently a cup of pinto beans goes with this meal

Pre-workout (meal 3)
    - Grilled chicken breast or baked chicken thighs (about 6 ounces)

After workout (meal 4)
    - A little under 2 scoops/servings of Optimum Nutrition Whey protein
    - A banana or apple

Dinner (meal 5)
    - Grilled chicken breast or baked chicken thighs (ranges from roughly 6-11 ounces)
    - Not everyday but regularly some form of pasta (macaroni and cheese, lasagna, etc.). I don't have an assumptive measurement for this, but this will most likely always screw up my day since I always have large portions of this as well as seconds.

- Recently a cup of pinto beans goes with this meal

Night (Meal 6)
    - Grilled chicken breast or baked chicken thighs (about 4-6 ounces)

Right before bead
    - Recently I've been taking a scoop/serving of Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein before going to bed. Blended into 8 ounces of skim milk, occasionally 8 ounces of water.

Now like I said, it's a decent representation. Some of the measurements may be to high or little seeing how I'm mainly just guessing (and days change), some days other foods are added in that either complement the day or screw it up, many days the meat is eaten at very large levels (chicken, steak, and pork are the only meats you'll really find in my house other then ground beef and turkey), but again, this is a "trying" representation.

Now while looking at it, since I've never put too much thought into that I could right it down, it looks like I need to eat more frequently. Also eat some snacks. I've read that peanuts are very good for cutting fat. Anyways if you don't mind I would love any advice, tips, criticism you can give to help me set up a diet to lose fat.

^Sorry for not mentioning this, but I'm not on or have ever been on a cycle, so I need diet suggestions/tips that would help someone who's currently lifting naturally.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    GB what up man? I didnt know where to ask this without junking up a thread. So here it goes.

While doing IF, up until I eat (even with drinking tons of water) I look flat as hell. Is this just a disadvantage aesthetically when doing IF or fasting for that matter? I assume it is, but kinda wanted some clarification. Soon as I eat I blow up like a ballon.

Also while doing a 24-36hr fast should I eat CYTOGREENS? They are all the goodness from green veggies without any calories. I know in John Berardi mentioned he drank greens drink and green tea during his fasts. Thanks man. Here is the label.

** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **-cytogreens_sfp.png
    Last edited by AXx; 06-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Zivot - I will respond to your post as soon as I have an afternoon off of work, lol!

To be honest, I try to keep this thread more 'general questions' vs. personal consultation, but I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    GB what up man? I didnt know where to ask this without junking up a thread. So here it goes.

While doing IF, up until I eat (even with drinking tons of water) I look flat as hell. Is this just a disadvantage aesthetically when doing IF or fasting for that matter? I assume it is, but kinda wanted some clarification. Soon as I eat I blow up like a ballon.
    I think it's the carb depletion more than anything else. Depleted glycogen = flat looking muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    Also while doing a 24-36hr fast should I eat CYTOGREENS? They are all the goodness from green veggies without any calories. I know in John Berardi mentioned he drank greens drink and green tea during his fasts. Thanks man. Here is the label.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cytogreens_sfp.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	124038
    Technically you'd be breaking your fast as it does contain SOME calories, but nothing to worry about. I use Macro Greens (and Miracle Reds), very similar to Cytogreens. However, I don't use them until my feeding window, just my personal preference.

AXx
    Roger that kind sir. Much appreciated.

Zivot - I will respond to your post as soon as I have an afternoon off of work, lol!

To be honest, I try to keep this thread more 'general questions' vs. personal consultation, but I'll see what I can do.
    Okay thank you, and sorry. You made a comment in your first post that made me think you didn't want any of the general questions, but I appreciate giving it a look anyways.

Persistence2012 is offline Junior Member

Perspective on fructose consump. from fruits + best rated supps?

What are your perspectives on multivitamins, as I've read some info that dictates a multivitamin pill is in most cases merely flushed right through the body due to the mechanics of the packaging of the pill (i.e. stuffing an ever increasing number of chemical substrates in a limited space).

On the otherhand, it did clarify this was not the case for consuming a single vitamin pill, such as a vitamin d pill, and that the body could properly absorb and utilize the contents in most cases.

If you agree, what is currently the most popular brand, and what would you personally recommend. Im steering towards animal pack universal or something like opti men..

Additionally, whats your opinion with regard to consumption of fruit; generally it is advocated that we should keep off most fruits if going in for a serious cut, as they tend to consist of a significant amount of fructose.

Yet on the otherhand, individuals of another group advocate that sugar, or fructose from fruits don't necessarily count and fit into the same category of other sugar.

Thus, enlighten me on that subject, and i must profess beforehand that i do appreciate and prioritize my green vegetables over fruits, but fruits do make cutting much easier.

I do maintain a status quo of less than 50g of sugar on a daily basis, still would u commend a change in that?
    Last edited by Persistence2012; 06-29-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence2012 View Post
    What are your perspectives on multivitamins, as I've read some info that dictates a multivitamin pill is in most cases merely flushed right through the body due to the mechanics of the packaging of the pill (i.e. stuffing an ever increasing number of chemical substrates in a limited space).

On the otherhand, it did clarify this was not the case for consuming a single vitamin pill, such as a vitamin d pill, and that the body could properly absorb and utilize the contents in most cases.

If you agree, what is currently the most popular brand, and what would you personally recommend. Im steering towards animal pack universal or something like opti men..
    I've never looked into this tbh, so I really can't comment. However, I can't see why the body would 'ignore' the pill due to how it's packed. It seems logical that the pill would be ingested, digested, and nutrients taken as needed, like anything else we eat.

I use Animal Pak personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence2012 View Post
    Additionally, whats your opinion with regard to consumption of fruit; generally it is advocated that we should keep off most fruits if going in for a serious cut, as they tend to consist of a significant amount of fructose.

Yet on the otherhand, individuals of another group advocate that sugar, or fructose from fruits don't necessarily count and fit into the same category of other sugar.

Thus, enlighten me on that subject, and i must profess beforehand that i do appreciate and prioritize my green vegetables over fruits, but fruits do make cutting much easier.

I do maintain a status quo of less than 50g of sugar on a daily basis, still would u commend a change in that?
    I'm of the former school of thought vs the latter. First, fruit isn't all fructose, and fruits aren't all created equal (i.e. some contain more fructose than others. In my opinion, sugar is sugar. When we're cutting, we're generally trying to deplete glycogen stores, both liver and muscle. Fruit, no matter how 'healthy', isn't going to help that effort whatsoever.

I have a bit of fruit even on a cut, but I keep it based around my workout window (usually preworkout) and try to make it lower sugar content type choices, like blueberries. I at least get the added benefit of antioxidants and such. For me, the sugar to nutrient ratio in things like oranges, pineapple, etc. just isn't worth it.

AXx
    Hey buddy. Hadn't seen you around lately until today. How did the trip to Florida go, you went to see relatives, right? Hope is was nice down there.

I just posted to my thread about adjusting my daily intake to feed my LBM. Is this safe and OK? I'm kinda at a stand still, I know I can't watch the scale because that seems to be very inaccurate when it comes to recomping or cutting. If I was accurate to begin with I was 21ish on BF yesterday I was 16.7 per Fireguys 9 site test. But I seem to be going the other way in the mirror maybe I'm overreacting a little. My arms have gained 1/2 inch since beginning. What say you. Should I adjust or stay the same?

^^ haven't taken the FL trip yet... if we do, it'll be around Labor Day.

Re: your bodyfat - i'd say post up pics... older and current. We are the worst judges of ourselves, so what YOU see in the mirror now vs. what you began with won't necessarily be what I or others here see. Arms have gained size, bodyfat has been reduced - what's that telling you?

AXx
    Winning!!!!! ^^^^^

Nah idk, I just didn't know if I should cut it back a little more. I will post a pic soon on my thread.

Blog Entries
    not even a week in and getting leaner from looking only. Guesss i should train my abs now so they pop lol

question, i have my gut that sticks out from posture and such, i can suck it in and look like i am, or if i try and push it out my midsection goes flat and my abs can be seen like wtf? have you heard of this?? is this in concept me flexing my abs?

random question but thought id put it out there

not even a week in and getting leaner from looking only. Guesss i should train my abs now so they pop lol
    Glad to hear it! Yes, don't neglect abs. Getting the bodyfat low so they're visible is one part of the equation. Having nicely shaped, developed abs is all about training them, just like any other muscle group.

question, i have my gut that sticks out from posture and such, i can suck it in and look like i am, or if i try and push it out my midsection goes flat and my abs can be seen like wtf? have you heard of this?? is this in concept me flexing my abs?
    Sounds like you may have considerable visceral fat (like me) - can you post (or PM me) a pic of what you're talking about?
    Last edited by gbrice75; 07-12-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    ill take some pics, u know when people push their stomach out and look like they are pregnant or have a beer belly, when i do it , my stomach goes flat and abs pop. so it must be me flexing lol.

yeah i wasn't gonna start doing my daily weigh ins till the second week of my diet. but in 6 days i have gone 91kg- 87.2kg , i dont think this is correct so ill be doing daily weigh ins from here on out.

ill take some pics, u know when people push their stomach out and look like they are pregnant or have a beer belly, when i do it , my stomach goes flat and abs pop. so it must be me flexing lol.
    So if your stomach goes flat when you push it out, does it look 'sucked in' when you're relaxed (regardless of abs popping or not)?

Blog Entries
    nope looks gimpy , visc fat or bad hip structure.
    i have the pics, if you have an email address, PM me pls with it. thanks

Blog Entries
    pictures sent

^^ reply sent

Blog Entries
    1.) do u have you link to calories in calories out? my girlfriends diet right now is going ok with the daily fast but i dont have her micros locked in 100% waiting to get her bodyfat tested properly. but im wondering if i have her carb cycling on a 800 or so deficit from her tdee that i might put her at too few calories,

2.) with her diet, should i have her running the low fibrous only days, then raise her moderate and high day or just run a 60/20/20 split?

thanks for all the help so far!
    Last edited by mockery; 07-12-2012 at 10:29 PM.

^^ sorry bro, not sure what you're asking for here, at all!

Blog Entries
    ^^ sorry bro, not sure what you're asking for here, at all!
    didnt you say you wrote and article about calories in and calories out in another thread?

I don't think so... but maybe I did lol! It could have just been a reply to another post or something. I have a sticky (dieting: cutting 101) that is maybe what you're referring to? Sorry!!

Thread Information