Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,240 of 1586
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ I think you meant to start a new thread with this? Only a handful of people will see it here...

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ sounds good. I think you're pretty close with your estimate. TDEE is probably somewhere around 2500. I'd stick with the calories you're at (1800-ish) for a while and see how that goes. Just stay consistent bro, or you'll never know!

That's you in your avy, isn't it?
    You think my tdee is 2500 at 6'1 and 250lbs?? Holy shit then I'm calculating tdee waaaay wrong... How do you calculate your tdee?

Yah, thats me in my Avy.... pretty big change that was right before I got fat... that was 4 months after my cut down to 187... look at this pic.... this is me at my skinniest and lowest weight. You can even see it in my head and face, even though its blocked out you can see the size difference

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    You think my tdee is 2500 at 6'1 and 250lbs?? Holy shit then I'm calculating tdee waaaay wrong... How do you calculate your tdee?
    Yea bro... based on your stats, you're holding nearly 70lbs of bodyfat currently, leaving roughly 180lbs LBM. 180 x 15 = 2700, but based on how much fat you managed to put on, i'm guessing you're even lower, much like myself.

, thats me in my Avy.... pretty big change that was right before I got fat... that was 4 months after my cut down to 187... look at this pic.... this is me at my skinniest and lowest weight. You can even see it in my head and face, even though its blocked out you can see the size difference
    We've gotta get you back to avy shape, and then blast past that!!

Yea bro... based on your stats, you're holding nearly 70lbs of bodyfat currently, leaving roughly 180lbs LBM. 180 x 15 = 2700, but based on how much fat you managed to put on, i'm guessing you're even lower, much like myself.

We've gotta get you back to avy shape, and then blast past that!!
    Ya... Well, I just gonna keep my head down and just do it.... then one day outta no where I post up pics and be be like.... BAMMMMM!!! Transformation!!!

Thanks for the help

Ya... Well, I just gonna keep my head down and just do it.... then one day outta no where I post up pics and be be like.... BAMMMMM!!! Transformation!!!

Thanks for the help
    That's what I'd like to see. Pretty sure Rajin Cajun has the same plan...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    That's what I'd like to see. Pretty sure Rajin Cajun has the same plan...
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey now!!!!!!!!!

and yes! hahahaha

Here are the pics. As you can see, I got super fat in the stomach and love handles.... chest, shoulders and arms didn't get all that bad. I think I can be in pretty wicked shape by June.... and Just an Animal by the end of the year.
    Last edited by Bertuzzi; 01-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Hey GB! i am not new to working out and dieting, but i havent dieted in over a year so i am rusty, i was wondering if you could tell me how beneficial eggplant and asparagus can be? my mother bought me a george foreman grill for Christmas and i can grill the asparagus and eggplant on the grill , with olive oil on them, will take just 4-5 minutes, good idea? thanks for any help

*Edit*
    Forgot to mention my goals, right now i am just on a strict diet and losing weight, starting to get back into the motion of things
    Last edited by Ajc330; 01-06-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    Hey GB! i am not new to working out and dieting, but i havent dieted in over a year so i am rusty, i was wondering if you could tell me how beneficial eggplant and asparagus can be? my mother bought me a george foreman grill for Christmas and i can grill the asparagus and eggplant on the grill , with olive oil on them, will take just 4-5 minutes, good idea? thanks for any help

*Edit*
    Forgot to mention my goals, right now i am just on a strict diet and losing weight, starting to get back into the motion of things
    Welcome back to the game bro!

Grilled eggplant and asparagus are great choices, among other veggies. Asparagus being the far better choice of the 2, as are all fibrous green veggies IMO. Have at it! Just be careful with the amount of olive oil you use. While it's a relatively healthy fat source, it's still high in calories and just a little bit can throw off any cutting plan.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    awesome response! thanks a million )

Mario L is offline Associate Member
    Hey GB!
    How's my diet look?
    Im trying a lean mass diet. Sometimes I switch out my 5pm rice for 8oz sweet potatos. Also supplement with fish oil,multi-vitamin,and D3.

fat(g) protein(g) carbs(g) calories
    5:00 AM 1.5 cup all bran 1 6 46 260
    1oz raisen 0 0.7 22 92
    .5 cup 1% milk 1.2 4.1 6.1 51

5:30 AM workout

7:00 AM 2 scoop whey protein 2 48 6 234
    1 cup oatmeal 6 10 54 310

10:00 AM 8oz chicken breast 8 70 0 352
    1 cup long grain brown rice 1.8 5 45 216.2
    10oz spinich 0 6 9 60

1:00 PM 8oz chicken breast 8 70 0 352
    1 cup long grain brown rice 1.8 5 45 216.2
    10 oz broccoli 0 6 12 72

5:00 PM 8oz talipia 2 42 0 186
    1 cup long grain brown rice 1.8 5 45 216

8:00 PM 1oz almonds 14 6 6 174
    1 scoop casein protein 2 23 3 122

total 49.6 306.8 299.1 2870
    Last edited by Mario L; 01-08-2013 at 03:00 PM.

RajaSultan is offline Associate Member
    This thread will serve as a Q&A for diet and nutritional related topics. The hope is that over time, the thread itself will become a valuable resource as some questions and subsequent answers will surely give birth to some epic debates.

I will take it on good faith that if you're asking a really simple question here, you've at least tried to find the answer yourself. i.e. "GB, what is a macro nutrient?". I will answer the question, but so will google.

I want to make clear that simply because I am making an 'ask me anything' thread doesn't mean I will have all the answers. If I don't know, and/or cannot research to find the answer, I will tell you I don't know. I will not give you some half-assed irresponsible answer.

There are plenty of guys on this board who are more knowledgeable than myself, but aren't always around. So, for now, you're stuck with me!

I'm off to the gym now and will be back in a few hours, so... let's get it started!

Bro i want to gain weight i m skinny fat and my TDEE is 2587 calories burned roughly and i think i consume at least 2800 calories a day by this diet what about you? well i need your help to get me good supplements tell me if i m wrong with this diet .. i m surviving lol my parents pay i will find a job as soon as my eye lasik surgery is done my parents promised me since i was a child so they have to fulfill it ;s and they are

wake up at 10:11am or sometimes sleep an extra few minutes if i feel tired
    11:00 am Meal 1:2 bowls of Quick Oatmeal and 2 scrambled eggs with 4 Garden breads
    after 2 hours Meal 2 : 3 small size oranges, 2 big banana's, 1 average apple and 300ml of Dairy Farm milk
    again after 2 hours Meal 3: White rice with 1 chicken leg and a few other chicken parts ( I DNT KNW THE NAMES) and 4 brocoli pieces with it
    after 2 hours Meal 4: same as MEAL 2
    and then after 2 more hours lol it is time for Meal 5: handful of almonds and hi calcium milk 500ml
    then after 10-15 minutes of meal 5 i start my full upper body workout :s
    and then after workout which lasts for 1 hour and 20 minutes i eat White rice with 1 chicken leg and more chicken pieces and dairy farm milk 500ml
    and 11 almonds then after it i walk for a while and then go to bed waiting for my eyes to become sleepy .. i sleep around 11:00pm

and my workout is like this

Monday - full upper body and thighs workout (lasts 1 hour 20 mints)
    Tuesday- rest
    Wednesday- full upper body and thighs workout (lasts 1 hour 20 mints)
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - full upper body and thighs workout (lasts 1 hour 20 mints)
    SAT & SUN rest

Height:174
    Weight:70KG(154LBS)

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Raja, I meant post this in the thread you already started after you had read the Lean Bulking Sticky!

An you still need to list the macro's for whatever you final draft is. Scrap the above plan, read the sticky, and rework the diet. Then put it in your own thread.

Post your exact workouts in the workout forum too.!
    Last edited by Back In Black; 01-12-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Is this shake any good for gaining weight as well as muscle mass.
    8 - 10 oz whole milk
    3 raw eggs
    whey protein 26 grams
    2 tbls peanut butter

x 2 ed

Quote Originally Posted by RajaSultan View Post
    Bro i want to gain weight i m skinny fat and my TDEE is 2587 calories burned roughly and i think i consume at least 2800 calories a day by this diet what about you? well i need your help to get me good supplements tell me if i m wrong with this diet .. i m surviving lol my parents pay i will find a job as soon as my eye lasik surgery is done my parents promised me since i was a child so they have to fulfill it ;s and they are

wake up at 10:11am or sometimes sleep an extra few minutes if i feel tired
    11:00 am Meal 1:2 bowls of Quick Oatmeal and 2 scrambled eggs with 4 Garden breads
    after 2 hours Meal 2 : 3 small size oranges, 2 big banana's, 1 average apple and 300ml of Dairy Farm milk
    again after 2 hours Meal 3: White rice with 1 chicken leg and a few other chicken parts ( I DNT KNW THE NAMES) and 4 brocoli pieces with it
    after 2 hours Meal 4: same as MEAL 2
    and then after 2 more hours lol it is time for Meal 5: handful of almonds and hi calcium milk 500ml
    then after 10-15 minutes of meal 5 i start my full upper body workout :s
    and then after workout which lasts for 1 hour and 20 minutes i eat White rice with 1 chicken leg and more chicken pieces and dairy farm milk 500ml
    and 11 almonds then after it i walk for a while and then go to bed waiting for my eyes to become sleepy .. i sleep around 11:00pm

and my workout is like this

Monday - full upper body and thighs workout (lasts 1 hour 20 mints)
    Tuesday- rest
    Wednesday- full upper body and thighs workout (lasts 1 hour 20 mints)
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - full upper body and thighs workout (lasts 1 hour 20 mints)
    SAT & SUN rest

Height:174
    Weight:70KG(154LBS)
    Welcome to the board!

I try and keep this thread free of being a personal consultation and/or a 'rate my diet' thread. What you should do is start a new post and I will check it out and comment there. At least then you'll get feedback from other members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Raja, I meant post this in the thread you already started after you had read the Lean Bulking Sticky!

An you still need to list the macro's for whatever you final draft is. Scrap the above plan, read the sticky, and rework the diet. Then put it in your own thread.

Post your exact workouts in the workout forum too.!
    Hmm, ok... sounds like he already did what I'm suggesting!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Is this shake any good for gaining weight as well as muscle mass.
    8 - 10 oz whole milk
    3 raw eggs
    whey protein 26 grams
    2 tbls peanut butter

x 2 ed
    The shake is fine (personally I wouldn't eat raw eggs, but whatever works for you)... but gaining weight/muscle mass isn't about this shake or that shake, it's about working out a complete nutrition plan that has on-point macros and most important, has you in a slight caloric surplus to promote lean gains with little change in body fat. Check out my lean bulking sticky which might help:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UPQ2f-TAeSo

Richazel is offline New Member
    > > Hi Bro, I could really use some help with putting A rock solid meal plan together with the correct macro breakdowns and everything else. I seem to be getting lost somewhere, Im 33 years old, > 181 lbs 6 foot 1 inches tall. I have calculated my tdee to be 2938 based on being moderately active.I am approximately 8 to 9.%bf right now. > I did the calculations based on the 40/40/20 as per your dieting thread and came up with 1,375 calories from carbs, 1,375 from protein and 687 from fats being base on 3438 calories a day as I am trying to obviously put on some size and lean muscle. > Im just really having a hard time putting a plan together based on the macronutrient food list. Im not exactly sure how to break everything down from there and how to based it on when I work out which is later at night at like 9pm. I have a solid lifting background and am looking into starting my first cycle of test e only. I have several friends that juice and all seem to have mediocre at best results. I am Looking to go about this intelligently and methodically as possible, I have tremendous drive and determination and am looking to achieve a physique that smashes on all of my retard friends who think they know it all. I have spent quite alot of time on the forum reading and looking through threads and you seemed to be the most logical and intelligent one to ask, any help would be greatly appreciated, sincerely Rich N

CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Hey all,

So I'm fairly new to this site so bare with me The reason I joined is because my boyfriend has an account on here and the information he has acquired is amazing. he's So smart and dedicated to fitness that I decided instead of bugging him all the time, I'll just ask myself. So here goes ...

4 years ago I weighed 240 pounds. I had the worst diet, absolutely zero exercise and no knowledge about fitness or nutrition what so ever. I started working at Herbal Magic which is a Canadian Weight Loss company. I followed the program there and lost a total of 80 pounds in a year and a half. I have since then kept my weight off. My current weight is 164 and my goal weight is 135. Here's where the problem lays ...

Last December, due to a lot of stress, my weight dropped to 150, the lowest I'd ever been. I felt amazing, but still had a little bit to go. My diet was clean then, and it still is now. I did cardio 5 days a week as well as weight training. January of 2012 is when I started to gain some weight due to again, stress from personal issues, and because of what was going on, my diet got sloppy and training went to crap. I slowly crept back up into the 160's. Not happy at all.

My guy moved in with me at the end of May and tried to help me all he could. He would spend hours on these threads trying to find answers for my problems. He created an IF outline for me to follow. I implemented the IF program and stuck with it for 4 weeks and saw NO change. Weight would fluctuate, but would never budge below 160. Very discouraged, I gave up. I just "did my own thing" for a while. What I mean by that is no eating schedule, no weighing or measuring, eating more carbs than normal, reducing my exercise. Mentally, I needed a break from dieting as I have been dieting for the last 3 1/2 years.

January 1st, I committed myself ... again. God, just reading that makes me sound like a resolution-er, which i am not lol... but it's just a good day to keep track of as my starting point. So, since January 1st, I have fluctuated between 160.6-165. I do cardio 6 days a week (2 of those sessions are fasted). Most of the time it's steady pace cardio, so I know implementing HIIT will help. Something I am not consistent with is weights. I LOVE weight training but the time I can get to the gym it's so damn busy and I hate waiting for stuff that I end up just saying screw it & will do 45 mins of cardio. My diet is not dialed in either as I am unsure of what my body needs for fat loss. Here's my problem .. I can eat 1000 cals and not lose weight, I can eat 1800 cals and not lose weight either. This is what makes this difficult. Do i need to be consuming less than 1000 calories per day? gosh i hope not, I'd pass out lol. As well, I am unsure of the ratio's I should be eating. How much protein, how many servings of carbs. I have a pretty good idea of when to eat certain foods, like carbs in the am and post work out, limited dairy (0% fat plain greek yogurt is my dairy source), usually only do blueberries or grapefruit for my fruit which is consumed early in the day ... veggies are steamed broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, or spinach in my shakes. I don't add sauces or crap to my foods, usually just mustard.... I mean my diet is CLEAN, just need to figure out how much of what to eat. Can't forget the most important part - I even plateau while taking Clen . I just finished a 2 week cycle, (i do 2 on 2 off), starting my dose at 20mcg and increasing by 10 everyday until I get to the max of 120mcg. Even with that, I still cannot break this plateau of 160! grrrr

I am really hoping to get some feedback on what I am doing and any tips, suggestions, or guidance someone could give me would be greatly appreciated! I will be travling overseas in a few short months and to be honest, would like to have made a lot of progression by the end of April, and more importantly, progression to help keep me sane! I am busting my butt daily and results are not coming... it's disheartening, but not enough to make me quit. I want this more than anything.

Thanks again for reading, really looking forward to some suggestions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richazel View Post
    > > Hi Bro, I could really use some help with putting A rock solid meal plan together with the correct macro breakdowns and everything else. I seem to be getting lost somewhere, Im 33 years old, > 181 lbs 6 foot 1 inches tall. I have calculated my tdee to be 2938 based on being moderately active.I am approximately 8 to 9.%bf right now. > I did the calculations based on the 40/40/20 as per your dieting thread and came up with 1,375 calories from carbs, 1,375 from protein and 687 from fats being base on 3438 calories a day as I am trying to obviously put on some size and lean muscle. > Im just really having a hard time putting a plan together based on the macronutrient food list. Im not exactly sure how to break everything down from there and how to based it on when I work out which is later at night at like 9pm. I have a solid lifting background and am looking into starting my first cycle of test e only. I have several friends that juice and all seem to have mediocre at best results. I am Looking to go about this intelligently and methodically as possible, I have tremendous drive and determination and am looking to achieve a physique that smashes on all of my retard friends who think they know it all. I have spent quite alot of time on the forum reading and looking through threads and you seemed to be the most logical and intelligent one to ask, any help would be greatly appreciated, sincerely Rich N
    Hey there,

It sounds like you have a great attitude towards bodybuilding, which is a HUGE start. Most guys are 'mediocre' as you put it, because they simply can't commit and give it their all. Nutrition is by far the biggest factor. Anybody can lift... I mean, you see tons of guys in the gym... who look like they've never been to a gym. The difference (gear aside) is nutrition. I'm rambling, because you've already concluded this, hence your post.

Do you have any pics? It'd give me a much better idea of what you're working with. I'd rather hold off on advising until I have the 'complete picture' so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    Hey all,

So I'm fairly new to this site so bare with me The reason I joined is because my boyfriend has an account on here and the information he has acquired is amazing. he's So smart and dedicated to fitness that I decided instead of bugging him all the time, I'll just ask myself. So here goes ...

4 years ago I weighed 240 pounds. I had the worst diet, absolutely zero exercise and no knowledge about fitness or nutrition what so ever. I started working at Herbal Magic which is a Canadian Weight Loss company. I followed the program there and lost a total of 80 pounds in a year and a half. I have since then kept my weight off. My current weight is 164 and my goal weight is 135. Here's where the problem lays ...

Last December, due to a lot of stress, my weight dropped to 150, the lowest I'd ever been. I felt amazing, but still had a little bit to go. My diet was clean then, and it still is now. I did cardio 5 days a week as well as weight training. January of 2012 is when I started to gain some weight due to again, stress from personal issues, and because of what was going on, my diet got sloppy and training went to crap. I slowly crept back up into the 160's. Not happy at all.

My guy moved in with me at the end of May and tried to help me all he could. He would spend hours on these threads trying to find answers for my problems. He created an IF outline for me to follow. I implemented the IF program and stuck with it for 4 weeks and saw NO change. Weight would fluctuate, but would never budge below 160. Very discouraged, I gave up. I just "did my own thing" for a while. What I mean by that is no eating schedule, no weighing or measuring, eating more carbs than normal, reducing my exercise. Mentally, I needed a break from dieting as I have been dieting for the last 3 1/2 years.

January 1st, I committed myself ... again. God, just reading that makes me sound like a resolution-er, which i am not lol... but it's just a good day to keep track of as my starting point. So, since January 1st, I have fluctuated between 160.6-165. I do cardio 6 days a week (2 of those sessions are fasted). Most of the time it's steady pace cardio, so I know implementing HIIT will help. Something I am not consistent with is weights. I LOVE weight training but the time I can get to the gym it's so damn busy and I hate waiting for stuff that I end up just saying screw it & will do 45 mins of cardio. My diet is not dialed in either as I am unsure of what my body needs for fat loss. Here's my problem .. I can eat 1000 cals and not lose weight, I can eat 1800 cals and not lose weight either. This is what makes this difficult. Do i need to be consuming less than 1000 calories per day? gosh i hope not, I'd pass out lol. As well, I am unsure of the ratio's I should be eating. How much protein, how many servings of carbs. I have a pretty good idea of when to eat certain foods, like carbs in the am and post work out, limited dairy (0% fat plain greek yogurt is my dairy source), usually only do blueberries or grapefruit for my fruit which is consumed early in the day ... veggies are steamed broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, or spinach in my shakes. I don't add sauces or crap to my foods, usually just mustard.... I mean my diet is CLEAN, just need to figure out how much of what to eat. Can't forget the most important part - I even plateau while taking Clen . I just finished a 2 week cycle, (i do 2 on 2 off), starting my dose at 20mcg and increasing by 10 everyday until I get to the max of 120mcg. Even with that, I still cannot break this plateau of 160! grrrr

I am really hoping to get some feedback on what I am doing and any tips, suggestions, or guidance someone could give me would be greatly appreciated! I will be travling overseas in a few short months and to be honest, would like to have made a lot of progression by the end of April, and more importantly, progression to help keep me sane! I am busting my butt daily and results are not coming... it's disheartening, but not enough to make me quit. I want this more than anything.

Hi There Blondee,

First off - congrats, AMAZING transformation. Many members, both male and female, will be inspired by your work.

Second - I am assuming you meant to start a new thread of your own vs. posting this in my thread. If you didn't, I recommend you do, because people should know your story, and you'll get help from lots of different members.

Finally - I'd suggest you 'go pink' - we have female only forums here with some great female members who are knowledgeable and helpful... I think you'd find a happy hope there. Let me know if you want this and i'll get it done for you!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Gbruce

take special care of blondee for me, someone very dear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery
    Hey Gbruce

take special care of blondee for me, someone very dear to me.
    Good to see ya Mock!

A friend IRL? I noticed she's in Canada, eh? lol

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Good to see ya Mock!

A friend IRL? I noticed she's in Canada, eh? lol
    It's the wife. haha

Hey all,

Good for you on all your hard work.... amazing job!!

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum!!

hell911 is offline Associate Member
    age 21, 5'7" , 150lbs , bodyfat i guess 18%?

daily calorie intake
    Calories = 2702
    Protein = 145.5g
    Carbs = 278.8g

is protein intake per day low?

Hi There Blondee,

First off - congrats, AMAZING transformation. Many members, both male and female, will be inspired by your work.

Second - I am assuming you meant to start a new thread of your own vs. posting this in my thread. If you didn't, I recommend you do, because people should know your story, and you'll get help from lots of different members.

Finally - I'd suggest you 'go pink' - we have female only forums here with some great female members who are knowledgeable and helpful... I think you'd find a happy hope there. Let me know if you want this and i'll get it done for you![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your kind words gbrice! I have not started my own thread so I will definitely be doing so and thanks for a push in the right direction as far as contacting the female members on this site... as knowledgeable as you men are on here (well, some of you lol), no one knows a woman's body better than a woman. I would like to "go pink", yes please and thank you!! thanks for such a prompt reply as well. take care!

Thanks for the welcome Bertuzzi and thank you very much on the acknowledgement!

Quote Originally Posted by hell911
    age 21, 5'7" , 150lbs , bodyfat i guess 18%?

daily calorie intake
    Calories = 2702
    Protein = 145.5g
    Carbs = 278.8g

is protein intake per day low?
    Based on your stats, I'd say yes, slightly. I'd shoot for about 200g/day which is just a bit over 1.5g/lb of lbm.

Carbs are high, calories are high - assuming you're trying to cut bodyfat.

Why haven't you listed your fat macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee
    Thank you so much for your kind words gbrice! I have not started my own thread so I will definitely be doing so and thanks for a push in the right direction as far as contacting the female members on this site... as knowledgeable as you men are on here (well, some of you lol), no one knows a woman's body better than a woman. I would like to "go pink", yes please and thank you!! thanks for such a prompt reply as well. take care!
    No problem! I see you did in fact start a thread. I'll check it out and try to give some feedback as soon as I have the chance, probably tomorrow.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Hey gbrice - Have a question about volume of food in a short amount of time.

I've been refeeding for a little while and now I'm cutting way back on my cals. But could I eat one meal and have it be all my cals for the day? Can I eat a 1750 cal meal that fits into my mac's in one meal?

Thats what is feeling right to me. Might not last, but for right now it is.

Thanks

Smile

Based on your stats, I'd say yes, slightly. I'd shoot for about 200g/day which is just a bit over 1.5g/lb of lbm.

No problem! I see you did in fact start a thread. I'll check it out and try to give some feedback as soon as I have the chance, probably tomorrow.

I've decided to use one of the diets posted on this site - It's for beginner females. Although dieting is not new to me what so ever, the advanced diet specifies that it's for females who have less than 25% body fat to which I am not there yet. I'll also follow the Beginner training program for women posted as well. I'll post what I'll be doing on my thread as well as my progress! Before pics are taken as I will be avoiding the scale for a good 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

FMBY79 is offline New Member

New Here.

I'm very interested in getting started with steriods however, my mind is in a whirlwind on what to take. I've been working out pretty consistently for 3 years and I'm wanting more results than what I'm getting. My diet consist of baked chicken, brown rice, eggs mostly without the yoke, tuna, a little fish and I usually mix one of the other with salad about 6 times a day. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs but I can't seem to lose that last 10lbs I want to lose. I have read up on steriods and I am very interested in starting a cycle but as I said my mind is in a whirlwind on what to take. My concerns are water retention and gynecomastia , man boobs. I don't care to be so massive that I can't wipe my own butt or touch the top of my head but I am interested in bulking, cutting and increasing strength. What would be a good suggestion for a first cycle? Does my diet sound right? Any info on the matter would be great!

DRKside91 is offline New Member
    hey GB good thread... im 22 yrs old 155-160lbs its never steady. I always try an eat the 5-6 meals every three hours with plenty of water and a few glasses of fat free or 1%milk a day.
    ---> I was wondering about foods / meals that are good to help cut and get rid of the body fat?
    going to start doing the fasted cardio in the am for min.45 minutes and light cardio after my workouts (20-25 minutes)
    i usually eat lean as possibly just don't really see much results.... trying to get the six pack. its there when i flex(kinda) but there's that "stubborn" fat in the way.lol

hell911 is offline Associate Member

im at bulking phase

Fat: 76g
    Fat from calories : 590

hey FMNY79. ive been doin a lot of research an what not an just say ur post thought id just post this.. get as many opinions as possibly tho but i think the best first cycle to run would be Test e / an stack with something else.(like dbol - juust an example)
    over all i heard test e is primarily the best for a first cycle.

Good luck

FMBY79 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the input. I read where dbol users have a water retention issue and I think that's the problem I'm having now, water retention. Also, my workouts consist of a 10,8,6,4 rep of about 120% of my body weight. Once on a cycle, would I keep with the same routine?

^^^ idk man ive just been reading and learning about AAS past six months. and yes dbol wouldnt be the best choice i would said test e stacked with winny, help with getting more cutt. but diet is key!!!tons of green veggies, protien and the healthy fats, steak, fish....an your routine is good, u could also try 4 sets of 8-10 but always strive for ten. keeping clean form when lifting.. for example your max is 150, start weight around 90 an go up 10lbs for each set. i dont think its a bad thing to change things up a little bit once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    Hey gbrice - Have a question about volume of food in a short amount of time.

I've been refeeding for a little while and now I'm cutting way back on my cals. But could I eat one meal and have it be all my cals for the day? Can I eat a 1750 cal meal that fits into my mac's in one meal?

Thats what is feeling right to me. Might not last, but for right now it is.

Thanks
    I'm inclined to say it's fine, after all, that's essentially the foundation of IF... although that assumes that the rest of the time, you are in fact FASTED - i.e. no little picking here and there, NOTHING. What are you doing the other 23 hours of your day?

Also - just the fact that it feels right for you... always trust your body and listen to it. Just make sure you monitor your progress so you'll know when to make adjustments, and what to adjust.

I've decided to use one of the diets posted on this site - It's for beginner females. Although dieting is not new to me what so ever, the advanced diet specifies that it's for females who have less than 25% body fat to which I am not there yet. I'll also follow the Beginner training program for women posted as well. I'll post what I'll be doing on my thread as well as my progress! Before pics are taken as I will be avoiding the scale for a good 2 weeks. Wish me luck!
    Awesomeness! Nothing wrong with starting from the beginning, even if you're not a beginner. It's a new venture!

Quote Originally Posted by FMBY79 View Post
    I'm very interested in getting started with steriods however, my mind is in a whirlwind on what to take. I've been working out pretty consistently for 3 years and I'm wanting more results than what I'm getting. My diet consist of baked chicken, brown rice, eggs mostly without the yoke, tuna, a little fish and I usually mix one of the other with salad about 6 times a day. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs but I can't seem to lose that last 10lbs I want to lose. I have read up on steriods and I am very interested in starting a cycle but as I said my mind is in a whirlwind on what to take. My concerns are water retention and gynecomastia, man boobs. I don't care to be so massive that I can't wipe my own butt or touch the top of my head but I am interested in bulking, cutting and increasing strength. What would be a good suggestion for a first cycle? Does my diet sound right? Any info on the matter would be great!
    To be honest, I started this thread as a diet/nutrition thread, not an AAS advice thread. There are ancillaries to help with the sides you're concerned about. My advice to you is to do MUCH more research, because you should already know this if you're considering a cycle. How old are you?

I suggest you start a new thread in the AAS section. There are many people on this board more qualified than myself to advise you on AAS usage.

Quote Originally Posted by DRKside91 View Post
    hey GB good thread... im 22 yrs old 155-160lbs its never steady. I always try an eat the 5-6 meals every three hours with plenty of water and a few glasses of fat free or 1%milk a day.
    ---> I was wondering about foods / meals that are good to help cut and get rid of the body fat?
    going to start doing the fasted cardio in the am for min.45 minutes and light cardio after my workouts (20-25 minutes)
    i usually eat lean as possibly just don't really see much results.... trying to get the six pack. its there when i flex(kinda) but there's that "stubborn" fat in the way.lol
    That 'stubborn fat', that 'last 10lbs' - that's the hardest part. Even when I was at my leanest (my avy), I still had some lower belly fat. I'd have to get sickly shredded to get rid of it. My first suggestion would be to keep sugar intake as low as possible... and that means lose the milk. Other than that, just the basics - lean cuts of meat, lean fish, quality complex carbs where best fit (e.g. pre/post workout), healthy fats (fish oil, avacado, nuts, etc), and plenty of veggies.

If you're already eating that way and the weight/fat won't budge, it's probably time to make some adjustments... more activity (cardio), reduce calories, adjust macros, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    im at bulking phase

Fat: 76g
    Fat from calories : 590
    Good number. Just wanted to make sure fat wasn't being neglected.

Quote Originally Posted by DRKside91 View Post
    ^^^ idk man ive just been reading and learning about AAS past six months. and yes dbol wouldnt be the best choice i would said test e stacked with winny, help with getting more cutt. but diet is key!!!tons of green veggies, protien and the healthy fats, steak, fish....an your routine is good, u could also try 4 sets of 8-10 but always strive for ten. keeping clean form when lifting.. for example your max is 150, start weight around 90 an go up 10lbs for each set. i dont think its a bad thing to change things up a little bit once in a while.
    With all due respect, you're admittedly new to AAS and probably shouldn't be offering advice on the subject one way or the other. However, I agree with you re: nutrition - it IS key. AAS are not magic. I've seen plenty of people on AAS with a poor diet... and they look like shit.

I'm inclined to say it's fine, after all, that's essentially the foundation of IF... although that assumes that the rest of the time, you are in fact FASTED - i.e. no little picking here and there, NOTHING. What are you doing the other 23 hours of your day?

Also - just the fact that it feels right for you... always trust your body and listen to it. Just make sure you monitor your progress so you'll know when to make adjustments, and what to adjust.

Thank you. It feels like I'm overeating at my one meal, but for some reason right now, I'm only eating once a day. Yesterday I ate my low fat chili. But I had 2 1/2 bowls. I was stuffed. I was thinking that my body might store some of the extra calories as fat. I don't know much about this stuff. Albuterol seems to be making me less hungry. I hit another plateau so I'm hoping this little stretch will get me through it.

Thank you. It feels like I'm overeating at my one meal, but for some reason right now, I'm only eating once a day. Yesterday I ate my low fat chili. But I had 2 1/2 bowls. I was stuffed. I was thinking that my body might store some of the extra calories as fat. I don't know much about this stuff. Albuterol seems to be making me less hungry. I hit another plateau so I'm hoping this little stretch will get me through it.
    Your body *will* store excess calories as fat (and hopefully some muscle if you're creating an anabolic environment via intense training) ... but will call on those calories later when you're fasted and require energy.

Thanks G.

I think I'll force (won't take much effort ) myself to eat a little bit when I come home from lifting 2pm. Then a meal at 6pm or 7pm. Hopefully help eating too much at one sitting.

Thanks again.

Thanks G.

I think I'll force (won't take much effort ) myself to eat a little bit when I come home from lifting 2pm. Then a meal at 6pm or 7pm. Hopefully help eating too much at one sitting.

Thanks again.
    IMO it really doesn't matter how frequently (or infrequently) you eat, so long as you're hitting your target macros and overall calories for the day. If you enjoy eating one huge meal and can stick with that, then do it. Make dieting work for you, not the other way around.

However, like I said - the main benefit of fasting is on a hormonal level. If you're having a huge meal but the not truly fasting (and that literally means eating NOTHING), this approach likely won't work well for you.

Thanks.

I do NOT eat after 8pm. I get up around 6 and have black coffee or green tea. Its my understanding that is ok. I read that a tbsp of milk is ok too. ??? Then nothing till I get to the gym around this time 10am, 11am. I do cardio first thing. I change cuz I'm sweating quite a bit in my cardio clothes so I change and drink some bcaas.

Thread Information