Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1586
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman225 View Post
    GB this water thing has me confused now....

So far as I know, if you are burning more calories than you take in, then you are burning stored bodyfat. Especially if your macros are correct.
    In part, yes.

Sooo....

If you are holding water, but burning those calories, how would the water halt the fat loss?
    It wouldn't

In a caloric deficit, the body has to turn to stored fuel, regardless if you are bloated or dehydrated. The energy has to come from somewhere, unless holding water has suddenly broken the law of conservation of matter.
    Nope.

Is it possible that is can take several weeks to "see" the effects of a diet if the water retention makes it hard to see new definition showing up, even if under the water the fat really is being reduced?
    Usually more like several days, but depending on how much you're holding, I suppose it's possible. Did you look up what Mockery posted above re: water retention?

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the replies GB. Looking it up now, was sort of confused on the subject before. So long as I know the fat is being lost I'm happy. Its easier to shed water than cheeseburgers.

Thanks for the replies GB. Looking it up now, was sort of confused on the subject before. So long as I know the fat is being lost I'm happy. Its easier to shed water than cheeseburgers.
    ^^ no doubt!

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I wanted to throw some grilled eggplant into my veggies. I cant get any straight answers on net about it. I see it has health benefits but its a night shade veggie. How do people feel about it?

Marc_83 is offline Junior Member
    Hello Gbrice,

I'm on a Cut to lose BF. I'm also taking ''vitamin C chewables'' I looked at the ingredients and it shows ''Dextrose'' I dont know how much though. Would it be unwise to keep taking them?

Also I take a banana PWO only 3 times a week after my workouts. Should I cut that out as well?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    I wanted to throw some grilled eggplant into my veggies. I cant get any straight answers on net about it. I see it has health benefits but its a night shade veggie. How do people feel about it?
    I'd treat it like other fibrous veggies for the most part. Eggplant is relatively low carb with a decent amount of fiber. It does contain a few grams of sugar per serving however, so I probably wouldn't make it my 'go-to' veggie on a cut. Don't sweat it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_83 View Post
    Hello Gbrice,

I'm on a Cut to lose BF. I'm also taking ''vitamin C chewables'' I looked at the ingredients and it shows ''Dextrose'' I dont know how much though. Would it be unwise to keep taking them?
    If you're making progress on your cut, I wouldn't worry much. However if you're not, or progress halts, be prepared to swap them out for sugar-free/non chewable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_83 View Post
    Also I take a banana PWO only 3 times a week after my workouts. Should I cut that out as well?

Thank you
    Pretty much the same answer as above. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But since banana's contain a fair amount of sugar, they'd be one of the first to go if my progress slowed/stopped.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    plz define maintenance for a girly who lost 40 lb and thank you very much

was eating 5 small meals (approx 300 calories) with the following split 170p/100C/35F (on a good day). i am afraid my definition of maintainence is trying to hit my macros plus a daily cheat. LOL. thank you in advance.
    i found a way to calculate this for a man so i'll give that a try.

RugbyKid is offline New Member
    Quick question, where and when in a cutting diet can incorporate some fruit, i feel like im gonna get scurvy at the rate im going lol

If you're going to eat fruit on a cutting diet, i'd say keep it limited to the first meal of the day, pre workout, and post workout. Not necessarily all 3 mind you, but those are the only 3 meals i'd personally put fruit into. I'd also try and keep the choices somewhat limited; bananas, apples, berries, etc. I'd stay away from the super sweet stuff like pineapple for instance. Just my personal preference.
    I slice up half a banana and add it to my half a cup of oats in the morning. Sweetens the whole thing up and makes it taste great. Just a little idea..

Quote Originally Posted by RugbyKid View Post
    I slice up half a banana and add it to my half a cup of oats in the morning. Sweetens the whole thing up and makes it taste great. Just a little idea..
    Same thing I did for quite a while. I go back and forth between banana and blueberries, although I prefer the nutritional value of blueberries over bananas by leaps and bounds, so I tend to stick with them most of the time.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Same thing I did for quite a while. I go back and forth between banana and blueberries, although I prefer the nutritional value of blueberries over bananas by leaps and bounds, so I tend to stick with them most of the time.
    i love blueberries as well as my only fruit source, nothing really can compare!

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    i love blueberries as well as my only fruit source, nothing really can compare!
    ^^ pretty much agree. I never seem to get sick of em. I get tired of bananas, apples, etc. but never blueberries. And they go with EVERYTHING. Greek yogurt, check. High protein pancakes, check. Oats, check. On and on.

Blog Entries
    yeah a protein scoop of blueberries into the greek yogurt the night before for the next days work lunch is pretty sexy

marv221288 is offline New Member
    Hi im 23 162 lbs 5'10 need a diet wanna get to 185lbs if poss in 2-3 mnths.... Need a diet plan...plz just basic to help me pile the wieght on

RugbyKid is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Haven't tried blueberries, I'll have to get some and try it out. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by marv221288 View Post
    Hi im 23 162 lbs 5'10 need a diet wanna get to 185lbs if poss in 2-3 mnths.... Need a diet plan...plz just basic to help me pile the wieght on
    Read all of the sticky's, and take note of other people's diets posted in this section as well as criticism and feedback from knowledgeable members. That should help you get started. You'll be hard pressed to find somebody here who is going to write out a complete diet for you. You need to do the leg work, come up with your own, and then we will help you sort it out.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RugbyKid View Post
    Haven't tried blueberries, I'll have to get some and try it out. Thanks for the info!
    Definitely. Love em'!

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have some questions for my diet and goals but its kinda long. Should I post here or PM you?

Ben_66 is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

I've been reading Brad pilon ''eat stop eat'' about IF and getting very intrigued. I was wondering if this is something you can do for the rest of your life? and also how come you stopped doing IF?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    I have some questions for my diet and goals but its kinda long. Should I post here or PM you?
    It'd be better for you to post here. My PM's are a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_66 View Post
    Hello,

I've been reading Brad pilon ''eat stop eat'' about IF and getting very intrigued. I was wondering if this is something you can do for the rest of your life? and also how come you stopped doing IF?

Thanks
    For many people, IF is a lifelong way of eating. I am vaguely familiar with the 'eat stop eat' protocol, although it's not nearly as inclined to bodybuilding as something like Leangains is. But when you think about it, IF makes more sense than 'traditional' bodybuilders dieting with regards to lifestyle. It fits the old '3 meals/day'. For most people, the fast will start in the evening, and continue through the duration of the night while you sleep. All you'd REALLY be doing is skipping breakfast which a lot of people already do anyway.

So i'd say yes, IF can most definitely be implemented as a life long way of eating. I only stopped temporarily to make some other adjustments in my life. Rest assured I haven't abandoned it!

Ok great. When i get home tonight ill start writing it.

^^ bump!

Ben_66 is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

I started doing IF 24 hours and loved it. (IF will be my way of living for now on). By next Monday I will be starting the leangains approach.

I was wondering if you knew anything about taking a pre workout stimulant would affect the fasting before my workout? I know I'm suppose to take some amino's but I'm wondering if a Notrix Oxide or something like that would affect my fasting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_66 View Post
    Hello,

I started doing IF 24 hours and loved it. (IF will be my way of living for now on). By next Monday I will be starting the leangains approach.

I was wondering if you knew anything about taking a pre workout stimulant would affect the fasting before my workout? I know I'm suppose to take some amino's but I'm wondering if a Notrix Oxide or something like that would affect my fasting.

Thanks
    I assume you mean with regards to breaking your fast. Simply put, if it doesn't have caloric value, it shouldn't have any negative impact on your fast.

feurion is offline Junior Member
    i was juz wondering if there r any sites or people in the forum who can help out creating a complete veg diet

Quote Originally Posted by feurion View Post
    i was juz wondering if there r any sites or people in the forum who can help out creating a complete veg diet
    I can try to help. Let's start with your stats (age/height/weight/BF%) and goals.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 09-27-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    BUMP!!

hey friend

you know im a big fan of over gorging on high protein. im knocking that back for two weeks and replacing the protein with carbs. what are you thoughts on this, based on 2400calories.. Gotta give the body a break haha.

Updates on today's meals

Meal 1: Pro/Carb
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein, 2/3 cup oatmeal

1 tbsp. ground milled flax seed (2.5c 3.5f)
    1 scoop protein powder (35p 1c)
    2/3 cup oatmeal 40c 8p 2f
    70g blue berries 9c
    5g Glutamine
    Creatine blend
    Greens 6c
    Liv52

43g protein / 58.5g carbs / 5.5g fat

*Workout/Cardio

Meal (?) PWO:
    1 Scoop of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

1 scoop protein powder MRP (25p 20c 6f)
    2/3 cup oatmeal 40c 8p 2f
    70g blue berries 9c
    Creatine blend

33g protein / 70g carbs / 8.0g fat

Meal 2: Pro/fat
    Natty PB, fat free Greek yogurt

260g Greek yogurt 24p 8c 0f
    1tbs Natty PB 4p 3c 8f

28g protein / 11g carbs / 8g Fat

Meal 3: Pro/carb
    Chicken and Veggies

200g chicken breast 40p 0.8f
    100g broccoli 5c

40g protein / 5g carbs / 1g fat

Meal 4: Fat/carb
    Sprouted gain toast with Natty PB

2 slices sprouted grain bread 12p 34c 2f
    1tbs Natty PB 4p 3c 8f

16g protein / 37g carbs / 10g fat

Meal 5: Pro/carb
    Lean chicken or fish, avocados

200g chicken breast 40p 0.8f
    200g Extra lean bbq ground beef 40p 10f
    100g broccoli 5c
    85g dry - cooked: Gluten free pasta (quinoa, amaranth and brown rice.) 8p 62c 3f

80g protein / 67g carbs / 14g fat

Meal 6: Before Bed
    2% cottage cheese and almonds

2% cottage cheese 15p 6c 2.5f
    20g whole almonds 5p 4c 10f

20g protein / 10g carbs / 12.5g Fat

* Will be omitting the first protein shake for breakfast. to lower protein consumptions as my numbers right now are at 250p. so only 1 shake a day rest is whole food.

** i have my carbs in around 254 maybe 20ish shy of where i should be.

*** fats are at around 49 with obvious wiggle room. with my goal being 52.9 ( i can add in almonds to last meal to raise fat and cover loss of carbs)

**** will be replacing quinoa to work lunches on non work out days. to replace the PWO shake carbs.

I think protein cycling (or deloading as it were) periodically is a good idea. It gives your organs (kidneys) a break, as well as your overall body on a cellular level. I'd typically suggest 1 week, wouldn't go over 2 however. Let us know how it goes!

Peter32 is offline New Member
    Starting my first cut cycle to drop bf% I'm 84kg @ aroun 17-18% bf atm (5'7 -33yr old), the aas I'm on for this cycle is 600mg per wk test e (1-8wks) and stanzanol/Winstrol .5ml every 2nd day (1-8 wks) -3rd overall cycle. I've read the original post that was extremely helpful I think my only issue is the fruit factor I do eat a lot of fruit and would find that the hardest to drop so what are the fruits I can an cant have (or should an shouldn't) I also do Kickboxing 2-3 times a week where I regularly get upto 180-190bpm quiet often so how would I counteract this in regards to catabolism or would the test e / stanzanol stop or limit catabolism and what calorie range should I work at aiming for ? Cheers in advance for advice and help given

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    question about diabetes (type 2), im cutting atm and just wondering do i need the carbs in my last meal of the day??
    also i have a thread going on if you wanna check it out
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.UGvqtZjMjJI

ive read the diabetic sample sticky and i think it suggests carbs in the last meal (gonna be hard to cut with that)...

thanks

kroinik

Quote Originally Posted by Peter32 View Post
    Starting my first cut cycle to drop bf% I'm 84kg @ aroun 17-18% bf atm (5'7 -33yr old), the aas I'm on for this cycle is 600mg per wk test e (1-8wks) and stanzanol/Winstrol .5ml every 2nd day (1-8 wks) -3rd overall cycle. I've read the original post that was extremely helpful I think my only issue is the fruit factor I do eat a lot of fruit and would find that the hardest to drop so what are the fruits I can an cant have (or should an shouldn't) I also do Kickboxing 2-3 times a week where I regularly get upto 180-190bpm quiet often so how would I counteract this in regards to catabolism or would the test e / stanzanol stop or limit catabolism and what calorie range should I work at aiming for ? Cheers in advance for advice and help given
    I know you're not asking me for cycle advice, but to be honest I wouldn't be cycling at 17-18%. You should be able to naturally drop down to the 12% neighborhood. At that point, I think you'd see MUCH better results with the addition of AAS for cutting. i.e. use a cutting cycle to get shredded, not to reduce high bodyfat. JMO.

During a cut, I try to keep sugar to a minimum, that includes fruit. If you do incorporate fruit, i'd suggest keeping it focused around your workout window and/or in meal 1. Re: kickboxing and catabolism - if you're eating a decent meal prior, there's nothing to worry about. Fuel the workout. If you plan to be on AAS, all the more reason not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    question about diabetes (type 2), im cutting atm and just wondering do i need the carbs in my last meal of the day??
    also i have a thread going on if you wanna check it out
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.UGvqtZjMjJI

ive read the diabetic sample sticky and i think it suggests carbs in the last meal (gonna be hard to cut with that)...

thanks

kroinik
    I'm not a doctor and not knowledgeable enough regarding diabetes or other illnesses. It would be irresponsible for me to advise you one way or the other.

Diabetes aside, I would not suggest eating carbs in your last meal during a cut. In fact, I keep all carbs focused around my workout and the remainder of meals are just a protein/fat with negligible amount of carbs.

Blog Entries
    day 4 of my low(er) protein and high(er) carb diet. only training 3 days this week to let the body rest up. No noticeable changes other then i have energy? haha. i guess at 23-2400 calories my body is pretty happy, im either hungry or full.

still wanna drop maybe 3-4% more body fat. but being in a deficiency of around 700 im still barley losing weight each week and im over training but im getting good results form doing so training with a pro and his brother at my gym.. Strength is going up up up. Not really sure what to do, although end of December is my goal to drop that body fat by. what do you think?? should i go low carbs on rest days or do 3 day low carb depletion? and refeed on leg day? i wanna do 4 day cycles, 3 low 1 high. I will be on ass for the next 8 weeks so what do you reckon my minium carbs should be to keep blood sugar stable??

Hey, heres my question as of right now. I having trouble keeping holding onto weight as my training is getting more and more intense. I keep reading and coming up with calorie needs for myself. My goal is to be at 185lbs and 9%bf year round. I train mma/bjj 6days a week. training can be anywhere from 2-4times a day. Training, weight S and C, cardio.

With your knowledge what is the calorie needs for this? Ive come up with 2700, and 3500 so far adding up.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey GB hope ur doing well man! question:

ive been doing some thinking about maintenance diet. im curious to ur take on the notion of running a cutting diet one week and then the next week running maintenance cals or maybe a bit over and then going back to a cutting diet for staying lean?? kind of a flip flop effect.

week 1: cut/carb cycle heavy cardio std weightlifting

week 2: 3000cals per day 40/40/20 (2 or 3 days cardio) std lifting

week 3: (same as week 1)

week 4: (same as week 2)

?? just a thought i had. this may enable me (or anyone) to eat for an entire week like ur bulking but not really put on weight. i suppose itd be similar to a carb cycle maintenance diet but i prefer to have several (7 ) days in a row of really getting to eat good.

i wonder what this would do and have u ever considered it? just thinking outside the box..

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    Hey GB,

Currently I'm on a 3000 calorie diet with a 40/40/20 split. My fiber intake is between 40-50g/day which I think is too much. All my carbs come from complex carbs. Is it the fiber that is causing the bloating/gas/uncomfortableness I am feeling day/night? Do you suggest I substitute some of the complex for fruit? I drink 1 gallon of water/day as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL View Post
    Hey GB,

Currently I'm on a 3000 calorie diet with a 40/40/20 split. My fiber intake is between 40-50g/day which I think is too much. All my carbs come from complex carbs. Is it the fiber that is causing the bloating/gas/uncomfortableness I am feeling day/night? Do you suggest I substitute some of the complex for fruit? I drink 1 gallon of water/day as well.
    mind if i chime in?

Do you eat or drink liquid egg whites? if so i would put money on this as why you are feeling the way you do.

GIJOE2664 is offline New Member
    Ok, so - I'm trying to figure out my daily macro needs and know most of you here will be able to point me in the correct direction. My goal is to cut fat and build muscle. I have been told the 40/30/30 diet is my best choice.

My stats:
    5' 10"
    230lbs
    BF: 24%

How do I figure out how much carbs, protein and fat I should be taking in?

P.S.... If this has already been explained I missed it. Lol

mind if i chime in?

Do you eat or drink liquid egg whites? if so i would put money on this as why you are feeling the way you do.
    I eat 3 liquid egg whites /day. I just recently upped my calories this past week. Before upping my calories I was taking in 4 liquid egg whites /day and had no issues. I never had a problem with them. I'm not allergic to them.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJOE2664 View Post
    Ok, so - I'm trying to figure out my daily macro needs and know most of you here will be able to point me in the correct direction. My goal is to cut fat and build muscle. I have been told the 40/30/30 diet is my best choice.

My stats:
    5' 10"
    230lbs

gijoe u should start ur own thread man. u will get a better response! but quickly IMO 40/30/30 is NOT the split u want to run!

day 4 of my low(er) protein and high(er) carb diet. only training 3 days this week to let the body rest up. No noticeable changes other then i have energy? haha. i guess at 23-2400 calories my body is pretty happy, im either hungry or full.

still wanna drop maybe 3-4% more body fat. but being in a deficiency of around 700 im still barley losing weight each week and im over training but im getting good results form doing so training with a pro and his brother at my gym.. Strength is going up up up. Not really sure what to do, although end of December is my goal to drop that body fat by. what do you think?? should i go low carbs on rest days or do 3 day low carb depletion? and refeed on leg day? i wanna do 4 day cycles, 3 low 1 high. I will be on ass for the next 8 weeks so what do you reckon my minium carbs should be to keep blood sugar stable??
    If fat loss is your goal, i'd go with a 3 day low/no carb depletion, with a refeed the day PRIOR to legs if possible. Honestly, you can keep blood sugar stable on little to no carbs. It'll be relatively low, but stable nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    Hey, heres my question as of right now. I having trouble keeping holding onto weight as my training is getting more and more intense. I keep reading and coming up with calorie needs for myself. My goal is to be at 185lbs and 9%bf year round. I train mma/bjj 6days a week. training can be anywhere from 2-4times a day. Training, weight S and C, cardio.

With your knowledge what is the calorie needs for this? Ive come up with 2700, and 3500 so far adding up.
    What's your current bodyfat T? Do you have any pics? Just knowing your weight isn't enough for me to calculate any kind of regimen for you.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey GB hope ur doing well man! question:

ive been doing some thinking about maintenance diet. im curious to ur take on the notion of running a cutting diet one week and then the next week running maintenance cals or maybe a bit over and then going back to a cutting diet for staying lean?? kind of a flip flop effect.

week 1: cut/carb cycle heavy cardio std weightlifting

week 2: 3000cals per day 40/40/20 (2 or 3 days cardio) std lifting

week 3: (same as week 1)

week 4: (same as week 2)

?? just a thought i had. this may enable me (or anyone) to eat for an entire week like ur bulking but not really put on weight. i suppose itd be similar to a carb cycle maintenance diet but i prefer to have several (7 ) days in a row of really getting to eat good.

i wonder what this would do and have u ever considered it? just thinking outside the box..
    I have actually thought about something like this before but never implemented it. Not for any other reason than I never got around to it. I think it'd be fine. The key here is to ensure you're not overeating on your 'bulk' week. I would however eat above maintenance, seeing as maintenance is the overall goal and the low carb week will likely have you at a decent deficit.

I know i'm responding late - so have you actually started this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL View Post
    Hey GB,

Could be just some of your carb choices in general, not necessarily the fiber content itself. I can tell you first hand that whenever I eat high carb (which 40% for me would be), I'm the same as you... and to make matters worse (and without being gross) I don't pass a solid stool at all. As soon as I drop the carbs, everything solidifies and the bloating and discomfort go away. It could be allergies to certain foods. Some people just respond to different grains and/or carbs that way. What are your carb choices generally?

Quote Originally Posted by GIJOE2664 View Post

My stats:
    5' 10"
    230lbs

Re: the bold - the best advice I can give you is to choose a goal and stick with it for at least 3 months. Everybody on this board wants to build muscle and cut fat, but the fact is unless you know what you're doing and have a good deal of knowledge re: diet and training, you'll probably fail miserably. I know I did. Just trying to be realistic.

Based on your current bodyfat, IMO the goal should be to cut bodyfat, without question. I'd put you on a high protein, moderate to low carb and low fat regimen, incorporating carb cycling. Lots and lots of cardio. High volume training, short rest periods, cardio intensive circuit training, etc.

GIJOE2664 is offline New Member
    GB,

Below is my current meal plan. Could you recommend any changes? I am going grocery/supplement shopping tomorrow. I have spoken to a few others and this was the suggested plan -

Btw, appreciate it!

MY DAY:

5:30am - bottle of water
    6:30am - cardio / 30 to 45 minutes (tread mill & bike)
    8:00am - MEAL 1:
    Liquid Multi vitamin
    1/2 cup oats with cinnamon for flavor
    7-8 egg whites with pepper and salsa for flavor
    10:00am - SNACK:
    1 cup cottage cheese 2%
    11 almonds
    Chocholate Protein powder
    Blend w/water and ice
    Serve chilled
    12:00pm - MEAL 2: tuna, vegetables, drink is water with 5 cal green tea packet.
    2/3:00pm - SNACK: fruit cup in its own juice
    4:00pm - PRE Workout Supplement (Pro Sculpt Extreme)
    4:30/5:00pm - GYM w/water & amino supplement (Modern BCAA)
    6:00pm - 60g protein shake in water
    7:00pm - MEAL 3: chicken, veggies & water
    8:00/8:30pm - SNACK: 30g protein in 3/4 cup non fat milk, 1TBSP almond butter & ice, blend and enjoy.

Notes:
    DO NOT EAT HIGH CARBS BEFORE DINNER AS IT WILL BE STORED AS FAT

STAY AWAY FROM FLAX AND SOY AS THEY MIMIC ESTROGEN & THAT'S THE LAST THING YOU WANT IN YOUR BODY!'

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Could be just some of your carb choices in general, not necessarily the fiber content itself. I can tell you first hand that whenever I eat high carb (which 40% for me would be), I'm the same as you... and to make matters worse (and without being gross) I don't pass a solid stool at all. As soon as I drop the carbs, everything solidifies and the bloating and discomfort go away. It could be allergies to certain foods. Some people just respond to different grains and/or carbs that way. What are your carb choices generally?
    I eat very clean and dry.

Ezekial bread, Bob's red mill rolled oats, sweet potato and occasional brown rice, but that's rare. That's it for my carb sources.

I was taking in 200g carbs prior to doing 300g and I was fine. I'd like to continue to take in 3000 calories, but I can't get through my workouts because of how uncomfortable it is, so at the end of the day if I can't lift at 100% there's no point in taking 3000 calories in.

I dropped my calories yesterday and today to 2500 and I already feel better. I knew it was the carbs, but I'm just wondering if maybe there is something I can take like digestive enzymes before each meal to help break down the food? If not, I may just need to stick to 2500 calories. Either that or switch my split to 45p/35c/20f or 40p/35c/25f and try that at 3000 calories.
    Last edited by ANIMAL; 10-11-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Thread Information