Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 1586
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I didn't think it sent, that's why there's two lol my bad. It's a preworkout drink. It has like arginine, caffein, "geranium extract", all that good stuff. Helps with mental focus and intensity. I've looked at the ingredients and idk where the .5g fat comes in

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I didn't think it sent, that's why there's two lol my bad. It's a preworkout drink. It has like arginine, caffein, "geranium extract", all that good stuff. Helps with mental focus and intensity. I've looked at the ingredients and idk where the .5g fat comes in
    No, I don't think it'd be a problem at all. But it's not a replacement for BCAA's. Why not just have both? How many calories is your BCAA supp?

deucefan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Based on your schedule, IF dieting sounds like a perfect fit for you IMO. Are you familiar with Intermittent Fasting?
    I am not too familiar with IF, but from what it sounds like on days that I will be flying all day just go most of the day without eating and then allow a window towards the end of the time that I am up to eat? If I do this should I do this on days that I am at home all day too or just eat a regular 5-6 meal a day diet then? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

No, I don't think it'd be a problem at all. But it's not a replacement for BCAA's. Why not just have both? How many calories is your BCAA supp?
    I wasn't really intending on it being a replacement, I just feel off if I don't take it lol it's prolly more of a psychological thing then physiological. I decided not to take my bcaa's to keep the fast as true as possible. My bcaa's have 40kcal per servings, so 10g. I was just wondering if that 4.5 cal of my preworkout wound effect the true meaning of a fast even tho 4.5cal is burnt up in 5 minutes of sleeping lol

Quote Originally Posted by deucefan

I am not too familiar with IF, but from what it sounds like on days that I will be flying all day just go most of the day without eating and then allow a window towards the end of the time that I am up to eat? If I do this should I do this on days that I am at home all day too or just eat a regular 5-6 meal a day diet then? Thanks again.
    I'm a believer. I do it every day, just alternate the time I work out to be able to toggle fat loss and muscle growth. Still working out the small details tho.

Quote Originally Posted by deucefan View Post
    I'm linking you to 2 IF threads I created a while ago. You should find them helpful. I'll bump them as well for your convenience. You can post follow up questions here, or in the threads - whichever you prefer.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=intermittent

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=intermittent

deucefan is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info!

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    I want to buy some protein powder and wondering the difference between whey and soy. Also thinking I might be able to use BCAA's in my shake??? I'm about 500 under maintenance calories as I'm trying to reduce bf and hold on to my muscle. So far, so good. Making progress. Carbs stick to me and I really like a shake for my last meal about 8pm. Its nomally a cup of water, cup of skim milk, banana, protein powder and some spinach or fruit, peanut butter or evoo, etc.

1. Does soy or whey have any weight gain characteristics? I see they have low carb and thats what I want to buy.
    2. Could I use my BCAA powder for my late night shake?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    I want to buy some protein powder and wondering the difference between whey and soy.
    Kind of a broad question. That's like asking what the difference is between chicken and beef. Simply 2 different protein sources. Varying amino acid profiles, absorption rates, etc. I'll tell you this - there are some studies that show soy elevates estrogen in men. I wouldn't say it's conclusive yet, but until there is something solid one way or the other, I prefer to err on the side of caution and steer clear of soy for the most part.

Also thinking I might be able to use BCAA's in my shake???
    You can, but it's really not necessary. BCAA's are usually mixed with water/juice and sipped on in lieu of a shake, or during a workout.

I'm about 500 under maintenance calories as I'm trying to reduce bf and hold on to my muscle. So far, so good. Making progress.
    Nice!!

Carbs stick to me and I really like a shake for my last meal about 8pm.
    You do realize you have plenty of low/no carb choices besides shakes, right?

Its nomally a cup of water, cup of skim milk, banana, protein powder and some spinach or fruit, peanut butter or evoo, etc.
    You're trying to reduce bodyfat, and from what I'm reading above, it sounds like you're trying to avoid carbs in your bedtime meal/shake. If so, why would you use milk and add banana/fruit, etc?

1. Does soy or whey have any weight gain characteristics?
    Not exactly sure what the question is. They're protein powders that contain calories. They have no 'weight gain characteristics' beyond that.

2. Could I use my BCAA powder for my late night shake?
    I don't see the point. I'd stick with food or at least a shake. Speaking of which - whey is a poor choice for an evening shake IMO. It's a very 'fast digesting' source, assimilated in roughly 30 minutes. It won't do much for you overnight. You'd be much better off going with a protein blend (whey/egg/casein, etc) if you're stuck on having a shake vs. food.

I hope this helps.

Kind of a broad question. That's like asking what the difference is between chicken and beef. Simply 2 different protein sources. Varying amino acid profiles, absorption rates, etc. I'll tell you this - there are some studies that show soy elevates estrogen in men. I wouldn't say it's conclusive yet, but until there is something solid one way or the other, I prefer to err on the side of caution and steer clear of soy for the most part.

You can, but it's really not necessary. BCAA's are usually mixed with water/juice and sipped on in lieu of a shake, or during a workout.

Nice!!

You do realize you have plenty of low/no carb choices besides shakes, right?

You're trying to reduce bodyfat, and from what I'm reading above, it sounds like you're trying to avoid carbs in your bedtime meal/shake. If so, why would you use milk and add banana/fruit, etc?

Not exactly sure what the question is. They're protein powders that contain calories. They have no 'weight gain characteristics' beyond that.

I don't see the point. I'd stick with food or at least a shake. Speaking of which - whey is a poor choice for an evening shake IMO. It's a very 'fast digesting' source, assimilated in roughly 30 minutes. It won't do much for you overnight. You'd be much better off going with a protein blend (whey/egg/casein, etc) if you're stuck on having a shake vs. food.

I hope this helps.
    It definitely helps. You must be a nutritionist. Very informative and thanks.

I'm stuck on the late night (8pm) shake because once I started that as my last meal, I dropped some more bf. I'm not perfect and when my last meal is food vs a shake, I tend to go back for seconds and eat a little more cottage cheese, or whatever I'm having for my last meal. With a shake, its simply no frigging food, period. And I've been more successful with it and it seems to be more satisfying. That might be because of the fruit that contains sugar??? I'm not sure of the reason but it works for me.

I will drop the milk and take out the banana. I won't miss taking out the berries, etc. Thanks for that tip. At least it sounded like you thought that was not a good idea for low carb shake.

The shake is not for weight gain. Its to help me go to sleep. I can't sleep on an empty stomach. The shake satifies me. So whey still sounds like an option even though it is fast digesting. Unless thats way off.

I'll google whey/egg/casein to try to understand that.

Lastly, this was a few years back, but my buddy gave me some creatine and without googling it, I took some and I gained weight that I never wanted to gain. So my question about 'weight gain characteristics' was along the lines of...Do either of the protein powders have anything in them, like a creatine, that would put weight on me? I want the protein, but not anything else. Not sure that makes sense, but I'm learning.

Thanks again for your reply. Helped me out a lot.

It definitely helps. You must be a nutritionist. Very informative and thanks.
    Not at all... just a student of the sport like many here. But thanks!

[QUOTE=likelifting;6292820]I'm stuck on the late night (8pm) shake because once I started that as my last meal, I dropped some more bf. I'm not perfect and when my last meal is food vs a shake, I tend to go back for seconds and eat a little more cottage cheese, or whatever I'm having for my last meal. With a shake, its simply no frigging food, period. And I've been more successful with it and it seems to be more satisfying. That might be because of the fruit that contains sugar??? I'm not sure of the reason but it works for me.[QUOTE]

Hey, i'm all about 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." - so if the shake is working for you, then by all means, stick with it. When the time comes to make a change (as in when progress slows/stalls), the fruit would be the first to go for me.

I will drop the milk and take out the banana. I won't miss taking out the berries, etc. Thanks for that tip. At least it sounded like you thought that was not a good idea for low carb shake.
    lol yea... I mean... if you want your shake to be 'low carb', using milk and adding fruit probably isn't a great approach!

The shake is not for weight gain. Its to help me go to sleep. I can't sleep on an empty stomach. The shake satifies me. So whey still sounds like an option even though it is fast digesting. Unless thats way off.

I'll google whey/egg/casein to try to understand that.
    What I recommended is no more for weight gain than whey or anything else. Calories dictate weight gain/loss, no necessarily food choices (junk food aside). I'm recommending a protein blend that contains some slower digesting protein sources. They should help keep you even more satisfied throughout the night, not to mention contribute better towards muscle preservation.

Lastly, this was a few years back, but my buddy gave me some creatine and without googling it, I took some and I gained weight that I never wanted to gain. So my question about 'weight gain characteristics' was along the lines of...Do either of the protein powders have anything in them, like a creatine, that would put weight on me? I want the protein, but not anything else. Not sure that makes sense, but I'm learning.

Thanks again for your reply. Helped me out a lot.
    The weight you gained from creatine was very likely water weight. Temporary, no big deal. You just need to find a quality protein powder that doesn't contain a bunch of filler crap. I like products from ON (Optimum Nutrition). Their Pro Complex powder is very good quality IMO, but they also have plenty of whey flavors. They even have an 'all natural' line which might interest you.

Thanks. I just bought Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion Probiotic. Sounds technical.

•Features Whey Protein Concentrate, Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Casein Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, and fast acting Whey Protein Hydrolysate.
    http://www.gasparinutrition.com/prod...ion-probiotic/

I bought it at the local nutrition store. Thanks again for all your help. Would like to hear your thoughts on this protein powder if you get a second.

Thanks.

Thanks. I just bought Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion Probiotic. Sounds technical.

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/prod...ion-probiotic/

I bought it at the local nutrition store. Thanks again for all your help. Would like to hear your thoughts on this protein powder if you get a second.

Thanks.
    I used to use Myofusion all the time before they changed the product to what you have above. I still use it occasionally, but it's no longer my go-to source. For the most part, I stick with ON products now. Myofusion isn't top of the line, it's relatively cheap, but it's ok. However after you finish the tub, i'd suggest something else to be honest.

Thanks for your time. You've been a great help. Will check out ON products going forward.

Thanks for your time. You've been a great help. Will check out ON products going forward.
    You're welcome. Please keep us posted w/ your progress.

The low carb protein didn't satisfy me near as much as the higher carb powder. So I'm mixing them together and slowly weaning myself off the higher carb powder. But I'm still losing around my waist as best I can tell. I really should invest in some body fat measuring tool...other than fitting into pants that I havent' worn in years. Old pants = body fat measurements.

This is probably going to be too open of a question, but I'm going to give it a go. How brutal is it to go sub 10%bf when you are 53 years old and never been close to that number since being in the military a hundred years ago? I don't have great genetics. I was committed to drop body fat and I have. I now feel I need another goal. I don't want to shoot to high and be disappointed. I want it to be realistic. So I'm wondering if you think its realistic. Or is 15% a really good bf if you aren't competing?

Thanks.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting
    My work makes the protein powder for ON products..

I see you live in CA. Thats good to know because CA is normally pretty strict on ingredients, etc. So it should be good.

The low carb protein didn't satisfy me near as much as the higher carb powder. So I'm mixing them together and slowly weaning myself off the higher carb powder. But I'm still losing around my waist as best I can tell. I really should invest in some body fat measuring tool...other than fitting into pants that I havent' worn in years. Old pants = body fat measurements.
    Re: the protein - no surprise the 'pure' protein isn't as filling. If you want carbs, add your own. For instance, I always add a 1/2 cup oats to my PWO shake. I just dump em' in raw, then chew and swallow as I'm drinking my shake. I actually enjoy it.

Re: BF measurements - calipers would be a good investment, but you can use 'tools' in tandem to get a good idea of what's going on with your body. How your clothes fit, the scale reading, how you look in the mirror, and most importantly, measurements!!!

This is probably going to be too open of a question, but I'm going to give it a go. How brutal is it to go sub 10%bf when you are 53 years old and never been close to that number since being in the military a hundred years ago? I don't have great genetics. I was committed to drop body fat and I have. I now feel I need another goal. I don't want to shoot to high and be disappointed. I want it to be realistic. So I'm wondering if you think its realistic. Or is 15% a really good bf if you aren't competing?

Thanks.
    This is kind of subjective. First, I'm not 53 years old so I cannot comment personally, as well I would imagine it's very individualistic. Have you had bloodwork done recently? I'd be interested to see where your test levels are at.

IMO - unless you plan to compete (you already stated you aren't), it may not be worth the effort. Again, that's for you to judge - but I can tell you it's not easy at 37; I can't imagine it's any easier at 53. By 'normal' standards (i.e. nothing to do with bodybuilding), 15% is considered lean. 15% bodyfat is nothing to be ashamed of as a 'regular' guy walking around. Furthermore, if you're carrying some muscle mass, 15% won't look as bad as a soft, muscleless body with the same bodyfat percentage.

What is your current bodyfat again? There's nothing wrong with STRIVING to hit single digit bodyfat, but bearing in mind that you shouldn't be disappointed if you don't get there, this time. I won't lie, age isn't on our side, neither of us. Most of these guys who look the way we want to are late teens/early 20's, and the older ones have likely been training most of their lives. We have to set realistic goals, and if that means baby steps (e.g. 15% to 12%), so be it. Next time might be 12% to 10% and so on. As long as your progressing, and have the desire to continue progressing, that's all that matters, IMO. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    My work makes the protein powder for ON products..
    Really!? Do tell... are we getting jipped!

Re: the protein - no surprise the 'pure' protein isn't as filling. If you want carbs, add your own. For instance, I always add a 1/2 cup oats to my PWO shake. I just dump em' in raw, then chew and swallow as I'm drinking my shake. I actually enjoy it.

Carbs seem to stick to me. I shouldn't cut them out completely, but I want to reduce as much as possible. I can eat a fatty steak, it seems, with no problems. Do I need to add the oats? I know I do need some carbs and they can't be cut out of a diet completely.

Re: BF measurements - calipers would be a good investment, but you can use 'tools' in tandem to get a good idea of what's going on with your body. How your clothes fit, the scale reading, how you look in the mirror, and most importantly, measurements!!!

This is kind of subjective. First, I'm not 53 years old so I cannot comment personally, as well I would imagine it's very individualistic. Have you had bloodwork done recently? I'd be interested to see where your test levels are at.

I have not had bloods done recently. I am running plenty of Test E.

IMO - unless you plan to compete (you already stated you aren't), it may not be worth the effort. So your saying it friggin hard. Again, that's for you to judge - but I can tell you it's not easy at 37; I can't imagine it's any easier at 53. By 'normal' standards (i.e. nothing to do with bodybuilding), 15% is considered lean. 15% bodyfat is nothing to be ashamed of as a 'regular' guy walking around. Furthermore, if you're carrying some muscle mass, 15% won't look as bad as a soft, muscleless body with the same bodyfat percentage.

What is your current bodyfat again? I have no idea. There's nothing wrong with STRIVING to hit single digit bodyfat, but bearing in mind that you shouldn't be disappointed if you don't get there, this time. I won't lie, age isn't on our side, neither of us. Most of these guys who look the way we want to are late teens/early 20's, and the older ones have likely been training most of their lives. We have to set realistic goals, and if that means baby steps (e.g. 15% to 12%), so be it. Next time might be 12% to 10% and so on. As long as your progressing, and have the desire to continue progressing, that's all that matters, IMO. Hope this helps.
    When you said something like..." This time try for 15%. Next time it might be 12% or 10%" It sounds like peeps diet and then sort of run out of steam and have to eat again? How long do peeps normally cut for? I notice that I diet hard and then I eat for a couple of days. But now when i eat for those couple of days, its still clean. I don't know. Still trying to figure it all out.

Thanks a bunch.

When you said something like..." This time try for 15%. Next time it might be 12% or 10%" It sounds like peeps diet and then sort of run out of steam and have to eat again? How long do peeps normally cut for? I notice that I diet hard and then I eat for a couple of days. But now when i eat for those couple of days, its still clean. I don't know. Still trying to figure it all out.

Thanks a bunch.
    Dieting where cutting is concerned isn't an effort that should go on forever. Over time, it can be detrimental to your metabolism, let alone your mental state. Plainly put, it's a drag for most people. I don't generally recommend an all out cutting effort go longer than 12 weeks. At that point, at least a month should be 'taken off' where you can just run maintenance, giving your body and mind a break.

re: carbs - you don't have to add oats. I was just saying that if you can't handle the shake without some carbs, that's an easy (and clean) way to add a bit.

re: test - ok good. Are you on TRT?

re: your bodyfat - pics would be helpful.

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    Have you ever had an injury that kept you out of the gym for a few months? If so, was it possible not to "fall off" and lose everything by adjusting your calories to no exercise and then I guess hope for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL View Post
    Have you ever had an injury that kept you out of the gym for a few months? If so, was it possible not to "fall off" and lose everything by adjusting your calories to no exercise and then I guess hope for the best?
    Luckily I haven't had any injuries that have kept me out for months, but definitely several weeks. Depending on the injury, you can still lift. i.e. if it's a shoulder injury, there's no reason you can't do back (within reason, pull ups probably aren't a good idea) and legs for example. Probably even bi's and tri's.

I would do cardio daily unless of course the injury was such that kept me from doing so. In that case, all you have to manipulate is calories. I'd likely drop them to maintenance and do my best to maintain muscle without adding bodyfat.

Luckily I haven't had any injuries that have kept me out for months, but definitely several weeks. Depending on the injury, you can still lift. i.e. if it's a shoulder injury, there's no reason you can't do back (within reason, pull ups probably aren't a good idea) and legs for example. Probably even bi's and tri's.

I would do cardio daily unless of course the injury was such that kept me from doing so. In that case, all you have to manipulate is calories. I'd likely drop them to maintenance and do my best to maintain muscle without adding bodyfat.
    Hernia

Hernia
    Man, that sucks. I have 2 of em' and have been putting off the surgery for years. I know one day i'm gonna be in the gym squatting or deadlifting and one or both are just gonna pop. That should be fun.

Just take it easy, heal up, keep calories in check, and you'll be fine. Any fat you put on will easily be burned off when you get back in action, because you'll likely be highly motivated, ready to go, and above all else, well rested both physically and mentally.

Man, that sucks. I have 2 of em' and have been putting off the surgery for years. I know one day i'm gonna be in the gym squatting or deadlifting and one or both are just gonna pop. That should be fun.

Just take it easy, heal up, keep calories in check, and you'll be fine. Any fat you put on will easily be burned off when you get back in action, because you'll likely be highly motivated, ready to go, and above all else, well rested both physically and mentally.
    Do you really? I'm not sure how you're tolerating the discomfort 24/7 it's so annoying, and hurts just enough to let you know it's there.

Do you really? I'm not sure how you're tolerating the discomfort 24/7 it's so annoying, and hurts just enough to let you know it's there.
    Actually, I have no pain at all (knock on wood). My doc discovered them a few years ago during a routine physical. He said it wasn't urgent, but I should have them taken care of within 6 months or so. That was the summer of 2009, lol.

Still no pain/discomfort today. If he hadn't felt them (while he was basically molesting me, lol), I would never have known I had them. Lucky me... for now.

^ No ab rollers for you for a while.

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Hey GB.... just stopped in to say hello yet again... Merry Christmas brother and a wonderful new year.... may 2013 be great for you and your family.

Like I've said before... I'm gonna try to be around a little more regular from now on Glad to see you're still adding such value to the board.

^ No ab rollers for you for a while.
    Heh, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Hey GB.... just stopped in to say hello yet again... Merry Christmas brother and a wonderful new year.... may 2013 be great for you and your family.

Like I've said before... I'm gonna try to be around a little more regular from now on Glad to see you're still adding such value to the board.
    Thanks brother, same to you! Glad to see you around the board... again.

So, this is what I'm currently doing....

At the gym for 1.5 hours each day, first 45 min are weights then I am doing 45 min of cardio right after, 6 days a week. I am doing this in the am between 630am and 8am.... my last meal is at 10pm the night before. I don't eat breakfast until about 830am (so after my WO)

My question is... I want to have a small protein shake (30g pro no carbs not fat) and a scoop of BCAA's. I have been doing so about 15 minutes into my cardio. Do you think I should just eliminate the shake so my cardio can be 100% fasted then just eat my breakfast at 830am as planned?

I really just want to get those BCAA's and some isolate into me after that workout.

What are your thoughts... I hope I wrote this out clear enough.

Thanks

So, this is what I'm currently doing....

At the gym for 1.5 hours each day, first 45 min are weights then I am doing 45 min of cardio right after, 6 days a week. I am doing this in the am between 630am and 8am.... my last meal is at 10pm the night before. I don't eat breakfast until about 830am (so after my WO)

My question is... I want to have a small protein shake (30g pro no carbs not fat) and a scoop of BCAA's. I have been doing so about 15 minutes into my cardio. Do you think I should just eliminate the shake so my cardio can be 100% fasted then just eat my breakfast at 830am as planned?

I really just want to get those BCAA's and some isolate into me after that workout.

What are your thoughts... I hope I wrote this out clear enough.

Thanks
    Hey Bert - is there a reason you're training fasted? Are you doing it to get the effects of fasted cardio? If so, I personally wouldn't compromise my workout (intensity, strength, etc - that's assuming you DO workout harder in the fed state, not everybody does, some quite the opposite actually) just for cardio. Maybe you're doing it due to time constraints in the morning, idk. We have similar schedules - I workout at 6am, but get up at 5am and eat right away. Not ideal (i'd prefer 1.5 - 2 hours between my meal and workout), but I try.

If anything, I'd just have the shake preworkout - problem solved.

Hey Bert - is there a reason you're training fasted? Are you doing it to get the effects of fasted cardio? If so, I personally wouldn't compromise my workout (intensity, strength, etc - that's assuming you DO workout harder in the fed state, not everybody does, some quite the opposite actually) just for cardio. Maybe you're doing it due to time constraints in the morning, idk. We have similar schedules - I workout at 6am, but get up at 5am and eat right away. Not ideal (i'd prefer 1.5 - 2 hours between my meal and workout), but I try.

If anything, I'd just have the shake preworkout - problem solved.
    1 year ago I never would have worked out in a fasted state, but since I tried that Intermittent Fasting I loved working out that way... I have great workouts and strength is not an issue. I don't really care whether I workout fasted or not.

My current caloric intake is 1835. I calculate my TDEE just under 2800, I really don't want to add another meal due to addition calories. The 1835 cal is without that protein shake We talked about... with the pro shake I am up to 1960cal.

Should I just stay 1835cal, which would mean finishing my last meal at 10pm the night before.... wake up 6am at the gym by 6:30am then eating my first meal at 8:30am.

or add the the shake first thing in the morning??

Thoughts?

1 year ago I never would have worked out in a fasted state, but since I tried that Intermittent Fasting I loved working out that way... I have great workouts and strength is not an issue. I don't really care whether I workout fasted or not.

My current caloric intake is 1835. I calculate my TDEE just under 2800, I really don't want to add another meal due to addition calories. The 1835 cal is without that protein shake We talked about... with the pro shake I am up to 1960cal.

Should I just stay 1835cal, which would mean finishing my last meal at 10pm the night before.... wake up 6am at the gym by 6:30am then eating my first meal at 8:30am.

or add the the shake first thing in the morning??

Thoughts?
    Here's the fundamental problem: If you're only fasting for roughly 8 hours before training, you're not really getting the hormonal benefits of training fasted. Leangains protocol has you fasting for AT LEAST 16 hours, with training generally being done at the tail end of said fast. Unless you're really planning to commit to a proper IF protocol, I wouldn't worry too much about fasted vs. fed - unless you're doing it simply because you like how it feels etc. - then by all means, stick with it.

To answer your question - I don't think the shake is necessary, so if you want to keep calories down, forego it. Do take BCAA's prior to training fasted however. 10g of a quality product like Purple Wraath or the like.

Whats funny though is I feel TDEE calc is too low... I always felt tdee calculations where a bit high, and then I started using what 405 said.... LBM x 15 which seemed more reasonable.

However.... I'm 6'1 250lbs right now... I think my TDEE is more like 3200 to 3400 not just under 2800, what do you think??

Whats funny though is I feel TDEE calc is too low... I always felt tdee calculations where a bit high, and then I started using what 405 said.... LBM x 15 which seemed more reasonable.
    Ask 405 who taught him that...

However.... I'm 6'1 250lbs right now... I think my TDEE is more like 3200 to 3400 not just under 2800, what do you think??
    Where did you say BF% was at right now? Can you post a pic - or PM me if you're not comfortable posting?

Ask 405 who taught him that...

I never actually saw him say it.... i saw another member quote him and it was a knowledgeable member say it, so I trusted it, and it seemed to make sense and have some logic so I went with it.... he may never have said it, I just assumed he did based on the information I read.... you know what they say about assumptions

Where did you say BF% was at right now? Can you post a pic - or PM me if you're not comfortable posting?
    I don't have a recent pic but I do have one from about 10 months ago.... I pretty much look the same, jist a little more muscle right now... I'm figuring between 25 and 27% BF

I'll take a pic tonight and put it up here.

I really let myself go.... I know

^^ sounds good. I think you're pretty close with your estimate. TDEE is probably somewhere around 2500. I'd stick with the calories you're at (1800-ish) for a while and see how that goes. Just stay consistent bro, or you'll never know!

That's you in your avy, isn't it?

Cronos is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys. I posted a question over in q&a regarding my next cycle, i.e. dosages etc. as I have been finding it impossible to break 190lbs @ 5'7 while staying fairly lean. They suggested I post up my diet over here and get some input on that as well. Even though I believe it's good, doesn't hurt to get some other opinions. Just so you know, I am absolutely not intersted in a "dirty bulk" so to speak. I did that in the past, and was able to reach 220lbs, but in all honesty, I looked like absolute crap. I am a firm believer in being able to gain muscle without sacrificing to much in the way of bf, i.e. not having to go over 12% or so, especially when AAS is in use. So here is my meal plan:

M1: 1 cup egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup salsa, 2 tsp virgin coconut oil, 2 tblsp chia seeds. - 40p, 60c, 20f

M2 (PWO): 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup salsa, 8oz rice - 40p, 60c, 0f

M3 (PWO): 60g whey isolate, gala apple - 60p, 20c, 0f

M4 (PPWO): 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup salsa, 8oz rice or pasta - 40p, 60c, 0f

M5: 1/2 lb hamburger (costco) - 40-50p, 0c, 20f

M6: 1 cup egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 tsp virgin coconut oil, 1 tbls flax seed oil - 40p 0c, 30f

So there you have it. A couple notes to add: I may have OVER estimated the 1/2 cup salsa in the meals. Might only be 1/4 cup or so. It's really just enough to taste/flavour
    I sometimes (1 or 2 times a week) reduce the total carbs if I feel "overly saturated" so to speak. Just bloated, and heavy feeling really. I do this by pretty much cutting them in half, and increasing the fat intake slightly. I.e. 1/2 cup oats in the morning, but I add 1 whole egg to the egg whites. I find when I do this, the "over saturated" with carbs feelings go away. Not sure if this is right or not, but I do feel I'm carb sensitive. For example, in dorian yates blood and guts, he states 1-1.5 g protein per pound (which is fine for me) and twice that amount in carbs. Now if I ate that many carbs daily, I would become a fat ass right quick lol

Remember, my goal is to add lean mass. I can post up some recent pics of myself if that helps

Help please! Wanna be 205-210 around the same bf!

Thread Information