Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    very nice read.....i thought i had it down but this takes it to the next level.

Much appreciated, bro.

FromTheWimbo is offline New Member
    Nice post I am going to try this and see how it works out. thanks

E.ZEE is offline Junior Member

Good post!

Give yourself a pat on the back, And oh by the way i'm all over that info thanks.

Stackt007 is offline Associate Member
    Excellent thread ,great info Rambo

The Moose is offline Junior Member
    when you say sum fruits are okay because they don't refill the liver with glycogen which fruits do u reccommend are okay for a cutting cycle? i wud guess anything with a dark/thin skin like grapes or apples maybe no bananas or pinnaples, kiwi fruit oranges etc?
    please advise

redwar is offline New Member
    hey guys, I got a link to here from worldfitness.com (so I'm not a newb as it might appear).

I noticed that the diet plan is based around the idea of doing cardio AND weights as part of the cutting phase, but I have a slight problem at the moment in terms of having a fractured wrist (meaning that I won't be able to lift for some time).

Basically I'm thinking is it ok to cut just from doing cardio? And if so how much should I alter the macro breakdown and ratios to cater for not having a weights workout?
    In terms of the meal structure I'm thinking it would be ok simply to remove the PWO meal and replace with another pro/fat? (I don't have too much knowledge on cutting so I could do with some advice).

My situation is that I hadn't been bulking for very long before I hurt my wrist, so I'm not huge or anything, but also not skinny. If I cut now whilst I'm waiting to get back on the bulking cycle then will I lose the muscle I have because of not being able to do weights?
    (Basically I'm asking should I bother doing a cutting cycle now, or just eat healthy and do cardio solely for the fitness benefits?

Cheers guys.

at the very least follow the plan as best you can, alter your PWO to best accomodate your needs and still try to work out legs as they control a very large portion of your testosterone release. best of luck

Jarrodholley is offline New Member
    i know this is a newb question but i have to ask it.. i understand the diet for the most part except when you talk about Flux and other protiens.. where do i get these?

Qex
    Qex is offline New Member
    I'd like to say as a noob this is simple enough for me to understand. Not over complicated. Something I can actually try because I understand it. Keep it simple stupid. Rules to live by. Great post.

drinu is offline Junior Member
    would 15 minutes hiit in the morning be ok when you are limited for time opposed to 45 min normal cardio ??
    i was following this kind of diet but the only carbs i was taking were post workout only , the rest of the day was lean meat especially beef , tuna , eggs and loads of vegetables and flax seeds

post workout instead of dextrose i usually take 50 gr oats and a banana because of its G.I , is this a good idea ??

Quote Originally Posted by drinu
    would 15 minutes hiit in the morning be ok when you are limited for time opposed to 45 min normal cardio ??
    i was following this kind of diet but the only carbs i was taking were post workout only , the rest of the day was lean meat especially beef , tuna , eggs and loads of vegetables and flax seeds

post workout instead of dextrose i usually take 50 gr oats and a banana because of its G.I , is this a good idea ??
    A banana wud help but when you need to consume your PWO in 15 minutes its not the best idea, mix your protein with juice, a few bodybuilders will consume sugars in their simplest form after a workout with their protein, like a can of coke. I wud reccommend measuring out some juice with your protein.
    It adds taste and its worked nicely for me.

why juice but ? isnt juice mostly fructose ??

why juice but ? isnt juice mostly fructose ??
    Juice almost always contains sugar in its simplest form (glucose) which helps in sending the protein to the muscle cells asap after a workout. When you add fruit it has to be broken down by the body from fructose to glucose before it can be delivered to the cells. Just make sure to read the label and measure out the proper amount, to much won't do you any good if your on a cutting diet, a calorie surplus of fruits or veggies is still a calorie surplus which in turn will result in fat gain no matter how you look at it.

sorry forgot to mention before as well that oats after a workout aren't the greatest idea if your trying to get the protein to the muscle cell quickly as oats are very slowly broken down, which is why oats and egg whites are such an awesome staple to a cutting diet as they keep you feeling satisfied longer as they help to control the insulin levels of the body, and both of them have a high thermal effect which in turn burns 20-30% of the calories just to digest the foods.

i really get mixed up with all these contradictory posts about post work out nutrition , take some time to read this article
    could not upload but found in elite fitness

thread called post workout training myths by dave barr
    Last edited by drinu; 03-16-2006 at 06:30 AM.

Quil is offline Member
    Hey guys,
    I found this thread about 6 weeks ago and have followed the diet and cardio/workout to the T, and so far have lost 14 lbs (6'1, was 233 now at 219). So I'm really psyched so far and have to say thanks to everyone involved in putting this thread together...I truly appreciate it.

I do have a question, and it will be a fast one. I just ordered some Sesathin, and am trying to figure out when to take it to maximize my gains. I know you're supposed to take it 3 times daily, preferrably before your "higher fat meals". Should I take it before my Protein/Flax shakes, or would it be better to take it before my oatmeal/whey, lunch, and dinner?

Thanks again everyone.

i really get mixed up with all these contradictory posts about post work out nutrition , take some time to read this article
    could not upload but found in elite fitness

thread called post workout training myths by dave barr
    ]
    Best book I've ready about fat loss is called " Burn the fat, feed the muscle"
    Its short and very straight to the point, an easy read, I'd reccommend it to anyone, you sjhould check it out.

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Ok sorry but this question was never really answered. What fruits could possibly be eaten and not only for PWO. I'm guessing apples being that they are low on the GI index. Swole help a brotha out?

charlie20 is offline New Member
    great post....a must see ...thxs

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Incredible Info Man, Thanks

kimura9 is offline New Member
    I'm sure this post will annoy some of the veterans because i'm not nearly as knowledgable as most of the people on this forum and i've probably missed the information i'm about to ask for somewhere along the way. I've been out since the beginning of October with absolutely no activity due to a surgery repairing my TFC ligament in my wrist and a week ago i had surgery on my knee to remove a growth. I've lifted 3 times in the past two weeks due to lack of time and a ridiculous amount of soreness from becoming active again. I've lost a good amount of muscle and my BF% has to be around 30%. I'd like to get it down to between 13 and 18. How exactly should i change this diet and what kind of lifting should i stick to? I'm a jiu-jitsu and submission grappling guy and i do some MMA if that helps. I'm sure this is probably vague and frequently asked, but i really need some help from people who know. Thanks.

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    I can't believe some guys are still questioning this post. This thing has been around forever, and it works really well for a basic cutter. YOU . . . need to do the work to change it to fit your own body style. It is a primer!!! Meaning that you need to insert the foods, workout, and cardio levels that work for you. The only way to do that is learn your own body . . . nobody should know it better than you do.

bdee69 is offline New Member
    M8 this is an awesome post. My b/f is at 15% and i train pretty hard already!! I'm gonna give this a shot and post up the final stats in lets say........12 weeks? Wish me luck!

Quil is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdee69
    M8 this is an awesome post. My b/f is at 15% and i train pretty hard already!! I'm gonna give this a shot and post up the final stats in lets say........12 weeks? Wish me luck!
    You're going to love it man. Use this primer in conjunction with good cardio and weightlifting, and you're basically guaranteed good results.

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    thanx for starting this thread rambo, ansered alot of questions i had. anway im going to put the diet to the test. ill post the b4 and after pictures as soon as the six pack arives, should take a month(i hope)

Kash0620 is offline New Member
    thanks for the writeup...found it very helpful!!! i'm currently forming my diet strategy off this article... it helps to have a solid base and modify according to my stats

str8cubano79 is offline Junior Member
    is maltodextrin basically any kind of complex carbohydrate, such as yams, brown rice, ect..?

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    I have a question, it may sound very stupid to some of you but I need some help on this one. So please be help me. I read that "A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin)."

So my question is, if I take 60grams of Whey Protein, do I need to take 120 grams of Dextrose and 120 grams of maltodextrin? both Dextrose and maltodextrin?

Any help will be appretiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Peducho0113
    I have a question, it may sound very stupid to some of you but I need some help on this one. So please be help me. I read that "A general rule of thumb is 40-60 grams whey protein, and double the amount of whey in carbohydrates (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin)."

So my question is, if I take 60grams of Whey Protein, do I need to take 120 grams of Dextrose and 120 grams of maltodextrin? both Dextrose and maltodextrin?

Any help will be appretiated.
    60g whey, double the amount in carbs is 120g, now split this 120g into 50% dextrose and 50% maltodex.

60g of each

klobb is offline Junior Member
    Sorry.

Edit...
    Last edited by klobb; 08-02-2006 at 02:49 PM.

lanky is offline Associate Member
    rambo man, good shit.

sheb737 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QbHunter
    this was great. i wish all newbs knew to look for these instead of the countless questions

Hey I'm a newb. I found this tread by doing research. Some of us newb understand how to research. I learned more by research than by asking lame questions. Thanks for this diet info. Great help

sheb

needsomehelp is offline Associate Member
    What about eggs, lamb, and roast beef (Roast) no fat pieces? Lastly, Soy milk? Potatoes?

Great post! Senior members have relegated me here!
    Last edited by needsomehelp; 10-21-2006 at 12:21 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yes we have..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

wolfstrike is offline Junior Member
    I am torn between doing BFL lowfat pro/carb meals or the sticky outline.I feel that I am not good at handling carbs well so wanna go with the sticky for awhile.A question I have is the amount of carbs on non-training days.

2 servings of 1/2 cup oats gives around 50gms carbs.Add in the 80gms for the PWO shake and its 130gms.Thats what the sticky gives as the total carbs for the day.Now if you take away the PWO 80 gms you have 50gms carbs.Is that enuff carbs?

I work a pretty strenous job and wonder if thats way too low.What are your opinions on this.Do people here follow the sticky this way?

Also,am I right to think that on non training days its only 5 meals since you dont take the PWO shake?

Big Joel is offline New Member
    I'm new to these forums and I have ran swolecat's sgx program, which is similar to this sticky. I have had great success. I think I'm going to follow this sticky as I can now just adjust it myself according to the calculator. Swole was great, but I never knew how to do anything myself now I have that after a year! Thanks for this sticky.

Eagleized2 is offline New Member

about how long

about how long will it take to cut from the 15% to say 13% and down to 10% or less

Eagleized2 is offline New Member
    question

monkeyboy1215 is offline Junior Member
    Great post. Thanx for the time you put forth

kuad is offline Member
    what about the cardio in the am?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information