NightOp is offline Member

Looking for a good Protein/MRP Pudding Recipe

Hey guys... I'm looking for a good protein and/or MRP pudding recipe. I'm off to my 2nd year of college and need something that is fairly easy to make and can be made in bulk (lol only way I know how to say it... meaning I need to be able to make alot of this stuff so that I can eat it once a day for at least a week.)

I did a search and didn't find much... I've heard you can take regular pudding mix and protein powder and peanut butter and make something like this, but I forgot how todo it and what exactly to use... I'm looking for a high calorie count... with protein being the primary concern and a good amount of fat.. while the carbs can be low (i get my carbs easily from bagels, pasta, etc....). Also, I think I remember hearing that one way to make stuff like this is to heat it... well, i'd like to stick to a non-heat method due to ease of preparation and don't want to break down any proteins in the heating. Thanks.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Try this bro,
    Take your favorite protien powder. I useually use chocolate flavor for this asnd it is useually Isopure (low carb). Next take one very ripe banana and mush it up in 1 scoop of your protien powder. It will turn into a paste which will have the consistency of pudding once mixed very well. You can add some oats if you like or even a little bit of your favorite oat cereal for an added flavor, but I useually just stick with the bananna and protien powder. You can eat it right out of the bowl like it was pudding. They bananna will have enough flavor to sweeten the mixture with out adding any excess sweetner.
    IC

okay thanks man, I will try that... I guess I'm just gonna have to experiment to see what I like... I'm prolly gonna also try some pudding mix with this as well.. thanks

Just remeber that the banana that you use will need to be very ripe. If it is not then the mixture will taste like shit.
    Tobey

will do

Nightop,
    Let me know what you think about this. I really kinda of like it myself, however, different taste for different people and all that stuff you know.
    Just curious.
    IC

djcyph is offline New Member
    hey i have started reading almost all of these recipies the last few days. I have seen a bunch, like this one, that use a banana. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't a banana spike the insulin levels and therefore is not good for anyone cutting? or am i just worrying and one banana won't hurt.

hope i get a reply even though this thread was a while back thanks

mfenske is offline Member

Protein Pudding

I really like using the Fat-Free Low Carb milk and adding like 3 scoops of my favorite protein powder to Fat/Sugar Free Instant Jell-O pudding. I use about 1/2 cup more milk than the recipe calls for. I mix it in the blender and it comes out like mousse after about 2o mins in the fridge. My wife and I love it. Mark

dtalon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    I really like using the Fat-Free Low Carb milk and adding like 3 scoops of my favorite protein powder to Fat/Sugar Free Instant Jell-O pudding. I use about 1/2 cup more milk than the recipe calls for. I mix it in the blender and it comes out like mousse after about 2o mins in the fridge. My wife and I love it. Mark
    i've also done this. it is very tasty. can barely even taste the protein in it.

Thread Information