beenie is offline Senior Member

Low carb chocolate chip cookies

These cookies are GREAT if you are on a low carb diet. If you are not, you may not like them.

1 cup of pure soy protien isolate (approx 2g carb)*
    2/3 cup sucralose (Liquid form is 0 grams carb powdered appoximately 3 grams).
    2 whole eggs (1 gram carb)
    1/4 cup heavy cream (3 grams)
    1 cup water (0 grams)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla extraxt (1 gram)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/3 cup of Darrell Lea chocolate chips (1 gram)

Mix all ingrediants. Batter should be very soupy, but not runny. Use a table spoon and take heaping tablespoons and transfer to a well greased cookie sheet. Place into a 325 degree preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes. It makes about 20 3" cookies at about .5 grams of carb each.

If the batter is too thick the cookies will be spongy, if it is too thin, they will stick to the cookie sheet.

*Be carefult with the brand of soy protien isolate you buy and make sure there is no added sugar. At the Chineese market you can buy pure protien powder for about 89 cents a lb. At a nutrition store the Prolab brand of Vanilla Pure Soy is fine. There are several other good brands, but many add sugar. You can check, and if it say it contains more than 1 gram of carb per scoop, it contains sugar.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

beenie

Thanks for the reciepe bro. I'm always looking for something new and with this low carb diet that I'n on this sounds right up my alley. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Tobey

Thread Information