dsw222 is offline Junior Member

Cinnabun Cupcakes

I was reading through recipes on here, and decided to experiment with one of my own. It turned out well, so here it is with a pic.

Cinnabun Cupcakes

2 servings BSN Lean Dessert protein (Fresh Cinnamon Roll flavor)
    1/3 cup old fashioned quaker oats
    2 egg whites
    1 egg yolk
    water (add until the batter is consistent yet still sticky... only a few tablespoons of water or so)
    cooking spray
    cupcake liners

Mix the powder, egg whites, yolks, and a little bit of water. If its too thick to stir, add more water. Don't overdo it though.

Then put about 5 cupcake liners in a cupcake tin and SPRAY THEM WITH COOKING SPRAY. That's important, or they will stick like glue to the paper liners.

Add the batter evenly between the 5 cupcake liners. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

These are great plain, but even better if you dip them in sugar free maple syrup... yummy!

I worked out the macros in Excel -
    Calories: 445
    Protein: 54g
    Carbs: 33g
    Fat: 13g

I'm on a cutting cycle, so this is a good meal for carb up days (I carb up at 30g per meal, but you can probably adjust the oats if you need more/less).... and it has good slow release carbs, whey and casein proteins from the powder plus egg protein from the whites/yolk, and some 0mega 3 and 0mega 6 fat from the yolk. Plus, eating 5 cupcakes in one sitting really makes you feel like you're cheating!

Let me know if you have any improvements or variations to the recipe. I'm always up for experimenting

Happy feasting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cinnabun Cupcakes-dsc04469-medium-.jpg  

Thread Information