fit4ever180 is offline Member

Seasoned Tilapia

Real simple...

Tilapia Fillets
    Sprinkle Paprika, Garlic Pepper, Lemon Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder in a skillet. Throw in the tilapia and season the top with Paprika, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder. Cook on Medium or Medium-Low until down side becomes crispy and light brown, then flip and do the same. Once, both sides are crispy and browned, you're done. If you want a little more fat add some flax or extra virgin olive oil. If you want a few carbs and added protein, throw in some mushrooms. I personally also put in a spoonful of minced garlic if I add mushrooms too.

Godson is offline Associate Member
    what if you bake your tilapia fillets and not fry them?

I haven't tried that with tilapia, but I've done it salmon and works great! Wrap the tilapia in foil and try to make sure it won't leak any juices out. Bake it at 350 for about 35 minutes or so and should be done depending on how thick they are. I'll try it this week and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    what if you bake your tilapia fillets and not fry them?
    Tried baking them this week... Tasted alright, but I prefer cooking them on the range more.... I like tilapia crisp and baking it left it softer as it sits in it's own juices. Goes good with mushrooms added in as well...

stpete is offline Banned
    You're recipe is a lot like mine and you're right, talapia is awesome. Mahi mahi is one of my favorites as well.

oh yeah, mahi mahi is awesome too! I cook it a little differently... I use lime peel and lime juice and either barbecue it or cook in on the range with a couple other seasonings and some mushrooms and broccoli/cauliflower. Good stuff!

actionx is offline New Member
    i grill salmon and tilapia. Tastes great takes about 17 minutes no turning put into foil.

Quote Originally Posted by actionx View Post
    i grill salmon and tilapia. Tastes great takes about 17 minutes no turning put into foil.
    That's how I cook my salmon as well... Seems like it takes about 40 minutes though, but it's probably just due to the thickness of the fillets. I just add lemon pepper...

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    used this recipe with orange roughy - good stuff - took suggestion and drizzled with olive oil and i also sprinkled with sliced almonds. Good stuff Bro! Def wanna try with tilapia.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    used this recipe with orange roughy - good stuff - took suggestion and drizzled with olive oil and i also sprinkled with sliced almonds. Good stuff Bro! Def wanna try with tilapia.
    Orange roughy has a lot more flavor imo, so the tilapia will likely not be as flavorful, but it's still really good and 1/2 the price of orange roughy.

Hmmm, almonds huh? That sounds damn good! I'm going to be going on a keto diet in few days for the first time, so I'll be trying that out for sure as it will still qualify for that diet! Thanks jimmy!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Thank you bro. Ive been digging a few of your recipes - this is just the first i posted my opinion on. Keep on posting *L*

Thanks... I'll keep posting them as I create them... I'm going to trying out my version of that turkey meatloaf recipe posted by mustang331, so I'll let you how that one goes.. I'll post it up in his thread...

dg101 is offline Junior Member
    Fit,

great recipe. My girl and I cooked this up last night and jesus was it good. Throw in a sweet potato, some broccoli and a salad and i was easily the most flavorful meal of the day. Keep 'em coming bro!

DG.

Quote Originally Posted by dg101 View Post
    Fit,

great recipe. My girl and I cooked this up last night and jesus was it good. Throw in a sweet potato, some broccoli and a salad and i was easily the most flavorful meal of the day. Keep 'em coming bro!

DG.
    Hey you bet DG... I'll keep'em coming as I create!

Thread Information