Thread: Reciepes #2

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Reciepes #2

Well guys I'm back,
    Already had alot of this stuff together, just had to find the time to sit down and type it all out. Since I'm probably one of the slowest typers in the world, I am going to post a few of my favorites with additional reciepes added every week.
    Now down here in South Alabama, we are known for some of the finnest dishes throughout the world. People flock from all over just to sample the fine cuisine, and although we are particular to our fat back and collard greens,fried chicken, homemade cathead bisquits, corn bread and butterbeans with mashed potatoes smoothered in the best gravy that you have ever tasted, most if not all of the dishes are relatively healthy.(At least the ones that I've included) To really appreciate the quality of food there is to offer, you really would have to come on down and try it yourself. There's an open invitation to all the brothers here at AR if you ever decide to come on down South for a visit.

Tobey
    Tuna Delight
    (Grilled tuna steaks with a tropical fruit marinade)
    1/2 cup of tropical fruit jam(a pineapple-mango-orange combination works well)
    1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
    2 tbsp of lime juice
    1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tsp sesame oil
    4 tuna steaks, about 6 oz each and 1 inch thick

To prepare marinade. combine jam, hoisin sauce, lime juice, cilantro,gingerroot, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir well

Rinse tunad steaks and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange steaks in a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade over fish. Turn the fish over as to coat both side very well. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour

Brsh your grill off real good with a wire brush. Brush on a little oil to prevent the fish from sticking. Grill tuna steaks for about 4 to 5 minutes on both sides. Baste with extra marinade while cooking. Be carefull not to over cook. Tuna should be lightly browned on the outside but slightly pink in the middle. (Overcooked tuna will be very dry) Serve immediately Serves 4

Dish contains: 336 calories
    3.3 grma of fat
    .7 grams of sat fat
    40.4 grams of protein
    31.8 carbs.
    .5 grams of fiber

GRILL CHICKEN BREAST(Grilled chicken breast in a mango-curry marinade)

4 boneless,skinless chicken breast halves
    1/3 cup mango chutney
    3 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp ground cumin

Arrange chicken breast in a glass baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken. Turn peices over to coat both sides with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Prepare grill. Remove chicken from the marinade and grill over medium-high coals for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Baste often with leftover marinade. Serve immediatley

Dish contains- 263 calories
    2.6 grams of fat
    33.2 grams of protien
    25.8 carbs.
    .2 g fiber
    Well I've probally exceeded the 1000 word limit so I am going to cut it off here. Good luck and enjoy.
    Tobey
    Last edited by Tobey; 08-26-2001 at 05:09 PM.

Mike Guest
    I cannot believe nobody responded to this - Thanks Tobey! That's great - thank you for putting the work in to type it all out. Good post!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Hats off to you Tobey...great stuff. Tuna Delight here I come!

BA

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Nice one Tobey sounds great bro

I,ll give em a try and let you know tell you what the readers should give the recipes a star rating!!

Well done bro

Billy

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    I always have a problem with my diet you better belive im going homew to try this tonight thanks alot keep the posts coming

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    You people are crazy not to try this
    B U M P

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Mmmmmm......sounds yummy!! Tobey, if I'm ever in Bama I would love to drop by for supper

I have a real quick and easy way to liven up boring chicken breasts.
    - Cut an uncooked chicken breast into strips
    - In a seperate bowl mix together 1/2 cup rolled oats, a tsp garlic powder (or slightly less of the real thing if you prefer), spices to taste and 1 tbls of flax seed (or olive) oil.
    - Put strips in bowl and shake until all strips are coated
    - Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm gonna have to make that, I just won't tell anyone that I was discussing recipes with other guys! LOL

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Cooking

Shit Excess,
    If your single, you gotta learn to cook, especially if your involved in bodybuilding! And if anybody gives you any crap, then they have never had the priviledge of cooking a fine dinner for a beautiful woman. I'm telling you man, it's the easiest way to win a chick over.(that with a well trained physique!) Don't give it a secoond thought.
    Later,
    Tobey

Thread Information