Thread: Tuna Salad

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Tuna Salad

Just something I came up with, looking for a way to make canned tuna much less boring and much more flavorful:

1 large (7oz) can tuna in water (I used the solid white albacore, Kirkland/Costco brand) - drained

1/4 cup diced vegetables - I finely diced up green and red bell peppers and celery. You can add whatever you like - onion, etc.

1tbsp relish - yes, it's a few grams of sugar, yes the sugar is HFCS. We're talking about a few grams here guys, and it really adds a lot of flavor. If you're that concerned, chop up a pickle or omit this all together.

1tbsp (13g) mayo - I used full fat Hellman's (only way to go IMO), because my macros allow me some leeway with fat. For a 7oz can of tuna, 1tbsp of mayo hardly makes a big difference, so you can use low fat/fat free, or omit this all together.

juice of 1/2 lemon

fresh cracked black pepper - to taste

tabasco sauce - to taste (I used about 3 dashes)

I am thinking of omitting the mayo next time, and adding sliced black olives instead. Would love to see your own spin on this one!

BFM
    BFM is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    That sounds good.... I use almost the same ingredients but i add salad with cherry tomatoes, green olives and chopped red onion...and some olive oil.

Zero0 is offline New Member
    Sounds good....gotta have tomatoes!

Thread Information