Thread: Quinoa

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Quinoa

My wife made some bad a$$ quinoa tonight. And I'm not really a fan. Idk the macros per servings but I figured up the macros for the whole dish which is a pretty large skillet

Quinoa-image-2445632686.jpg

This is what was left over after dinner.

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 chopped onion
    3 cloves of garlic
    3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
    1 1/2 cup chicken broth
    1 tsp ground cummin
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper to taste (light sea salt heavy pepper lol)
    1 cup corn
    2 cans black beans
    1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Heat oil on medium, stir in onion and garlic: sauté until light brown

Mix rinsed quinoa in w/chicken broth and season with cumin, cayenne, salt n pep.

Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, simmer for 20 min

Stir in corn, simmer 5-10m, mix in black beans and cilantro.

Macros
    950 cal
    42.4g fat
    132.7g carbs
    37.8g pro

She also baked some salmon with garlic, orange and lime slices....also very good.

According to the nutritional value on the site my macros r off but I got them from all the ingredients packages. But here's the nutritional chart

Quinoa-image-2679545974.jpg

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    A tenth of what? What is the measured volume/weight you are referring to?

Im interested in this recipe. Looks delish!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox
    A tenth of what? What is the measured volume/weight you are referring to?

Im interested in this recipe. Looks delish!
    It doesn't give a specific volume per serving. It just says 10 servings. It makes quite a bit. Thats why i just gave total macros so u can divide it up into whatever portions u like. Then just divide by how ever many portions

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    It doesn't give a specific volume per serving. It just says 10 servings. It makes quite a bit. Thats why i just gave total macros so u can divide it up into whatever portions u like. Then just divide by how ever many portions
    I believe that information is required in order to utilize your posted macros. Otherwise its a tenth of 5000 liters or a tenth of 500 lbs.

You need the TOTAL volume or weight bro.

I believe that information is required in order to utilize your posted macros. Otherwise its a tenth of 5000 liters or a tenth of 500 lbs.

You need the TOTAL volume or weight bro.

The macros I posted I got from each ingredient in proper relation to the amount in the recipe.

The picture I posted was just off the website my wife found it in. I'm assuming if u make the recipe with the included ingredients, divide it by 10 via scale, u will get thier macro values. But I got something different from them and I used all the ingredients packaging to get my macros.

The picture I posted was just off the website my wife found it in. I'm assuming if u make the recipe with the included ingredients, divide it by 10 via scale, u will get thier macro values. But I got something different from them and I used all the ingredients packaging to get my macros.
    Youre not getting what im saying.

Whats 10% of 5 cups?
    Whats 10% of 50 cups?

Whats 10% of 50 grams?
    Whats 10% of 500 grams?

Whats 10% of 50 lbs?
    Whats 10% of 500 lbs?

Are the macros going to be the same regardless of what measure of volume/weight i use? You see what im getting at?

Youre not getting what im saying.

Whats 10% of 5 cups?
    Whats 10% of 50 cups?

Whats 10% of 50 grams?
    Whats 10% of 500 grams?

Whats 10% of 50 lbs?
    Whats 10% of 500 lbs?

Are the macros going to be the same regardless of what measure of volume/weight i use? You see what im getting at?
    Ok, the macros that i typed are from each individual ingredient added together. If u have a total of 435 calories from 3/4 cups of quinoa and 220 calories from 30 oz. of beans. Add them together and eat it all. You will have eaten 655 calories regardless of how either was measured individually. If u take the combined and divide it by 10, if it were grams or cups or ounces, u will still get 1/10th of 655 calories (65.5). The 1/10th in the pictured nutritional value is just saying if u make that recipe and make 10 different servings of identical portions you will get the proposed macros. Same applies with protein, carbs and fat. So no, it won't matter how u separate it because I have u the TOTAL calories, protein, carb and fat content. U can seperate it using cups (because its mailable and not much liquid), u can put it on a scale and weigh it in grams or oz. you don't even have to divide it into portions of 1/10th. U can divide total macros by 2, or 5, or 20. And just divide the total macros by the number of servings. Does that answer ur question? I think I understood ur question....I think lol

10-4! Thanks

10-4! Thanks
    I may have posted the individual macros(picture) a bit premature because those macros don't match up to my typed total macros. But I imagine it may be because different ingredients=different macros.

But yeah I hoped I answered ur question, I was even getting a bit confused for a minute lol. But if u make it u might want to adjust ur macros for ur ingredients. Just add them all up and divide the total by how many portions u choose. But it was quite delish! Had a slight kick to it and the cilantro gave it great flavor.

I'm thinking of putting it in a whole grain tortilla with either shredded chicken or ground turkey meat. It has a slight citrusy/Mexican flavor to it. But it did compliment the salmon with orange/lime slices VERY well!

I may have posted the individual macros(picture) a bit premature because those macros don't match up to my typed total macros. But I imagine it may be because different ingredients=different macros.

But yeah I hoped I answered ur question, I was even getting a bit confused for a minute lol. But if u make it u might want to adjust ur macros for ur ingredients. Just add them all up and divide the total by how many portions u choose. But it was quite delish! Had a slight kick to it and the cilantro gave it great flavor.

I'm thinking of putting it in a whole grain tortilla with either shredded chicken or ground turkey meat. It has a slight citrusy/Mexican flavor to it. But it did compliment the salmon with orange/lime slices VERY well!
    Thats a great idea too!

Thread Information