Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By Sfla80

Thread: Step by Step almond chicken

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Step by Step almond chicken

So this is my almond chicken. Basically this process will work with any protein and any crust. almond chicken and salmon are by far my favorites. But have done peanut crusted pork chops before also which were delicious.

So this will be everything u will need for this: Amounts differ depending how much u make.

Attachment 139681

My chicken breast are from Costco, and come two per bag, and they must be over a pound each breats so I always butterfly. You want fairly thin breasts to do this or else it will burn.

Attachment 139682Attachment 139683

Now the almonds, I would always buzz ur almonds in a fod processor or even a blender. Until u are used to the breaded process makes it 10 times easier when buzzed. For eggs for these 4 breasts that I breaded I used 3 eggs and added maybe 1/4 cup water and whisked together. Flour I have used wheat flour also before, but the amount you are eating is very minimal so wouldt worry about it. So here is what we are working with now.

Attachment 139684Attachment 139685

so now we are ready to bread. First we lightly coat the chicken beast in the flour, no need to press in, just coat entire breast with flour.

Attachment 139686

Now same exact process to do with the egg wash. always coat entire area.

Attachment 139687

Now place into your buzzed almonds. Lay one side in then flip and press firmly into the almonds and flip one more time and press into the other. Making sure everything is coated and is firmly on the chicken.

Attachment 139688
    almostgone likes this.

Not finished. Lol give me a few to continue and finish the process.

Shit don't know why the pics attached like that. But continuing on so I can finish.

Here is the finished of the breading.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	045.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	600.7 KB 
ID:	139690

So next is one of the most important parts, so that the breading can adhere to the chicken better. Place breaded chicken in the freezer for 10-15 mins, depending on size. Don't want to freeze the chicken, so keep an eye on it, but 10 mins for thin breast should be good.

Name:	046.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	638.5 KB 
ID:	139693

Now the cooking process. Start with non stick sauté pan and some EVOO, and preheat the oil on medium-high heat. I did these on 8 on my stove, probably could do 6-7 and would work too.

Name:	047.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	139694

Once the oil is heated, (again another important part, make sure oil is heated before placing the chicken in it. if its too cold breading will fall off)

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	861.4 KB 
ID:	139695

Cant tell u exact time, for one ever stove is different in heat. And I rarely time anything im cooking, but u can check the chicken using ur tongs, just lift up checking bottom for a golden brown color. If u r good flip and cook bottom half for only HALF the time as top. Reason for this is u will be finishing ur chcicken in the oven.

Name:	049.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	875.4 KB 
ID:	139696

Place finished chcken on sheet tray. While cooking the rest of the chicken u migh want to change and clean sauté pan, but its up to u and how well its going. I didn't clean on this time. Don't mind a little extra crust.

Name:	050.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	738.0 KB 
ID:	139697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	051.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	729.5 KB 
ID:	139698

Place a little white wine, in bottom of pan, water works too. Place in oven on 375-400 depends on you, and finish cooking chicken there for roughly 10 more mins. Like said before everything depends on size of chicken.

Name:	052.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	676.9 KB 
ID:	139699

Enjoy and let me know if u try it out or have any questions.
    almostgone likes this.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    that was my down fall the first....I didnt finish in the oven....can u say burnt and raw lol

-Release the Kracken!!!-

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    that was my down fall the first....I didnt finish in the oven....can u say burnt and raw lol

-Release the Kracken!!!-
    Lol, yeah even a thin peice u can't finish in the pan.

Can u see the pics in the first post? Wonder why they came out like that. Doesn't even show them on the app on the phone

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    yeh I see them....sometimes pics dont show on my phone either....idk why....I will be trying it this week....hopefully it'll be post/pic worthy lol

-Release the Kracken!!!-

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    That looks pretty damn good Sfla. I will have to try this sometime. I am such a terrible cook though, lol.

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    I hate how you chefs don't need exact amounts and times when you cook! My mom is an amazing cook, and her recipes rarely have exact amounts. I am a mathematician; so I love really rigid rules and directions, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    I hate how you chefs don't need exact amounts and times when you cook! My mom is an amazing cook, and her recipes rarely have exact amounts. I am a mathematician; so I love really rigid rules and directions, lol.
    That's one reason I can't make many recipes. I can est the amounts I put in but when u make it, could turn out completely different. This recipe is to change texture and taste of normal chicken.

Do the same with quinoa and brown rice to go with this. I make it crispy. Making the brown rice crispy will change texture obviously, but also add a nutty flavor to it. And for me at least, I could easily eat almost double in a sitting when crisp instead of normal.

zplayer1 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds good

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    Thats why it's call "The art and science of culinary preperation" Some is exact some is meh, lets see what happens lol

Thread Information