Strip T’s
(Sesame seed and coconut – crusted turkey strips with a warm dipping sauce)

Here is a dish that is guaranteed to help you lose the excess weight that you have gained over the holidays, for there is very little fat in this dish at al.

½ cup of shredded, sweetened coconut
2-tbsp. sesame seeds
½ cup of unseasoned, dry bread crumbs
1-1/2 pounds turkey breast cut into ½ inch wide strips
2 egg whites
2 tbsp. Sesame seed oil
Non- sticking spray

Dipping Sauce
½ cup plum sauce
1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1-1/2 tsp. Each of mustard and corn starch

Place the coconut and sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Transfer toasted coconut and sesame seeds to a pie plate. Add the breadcrumbs and mix well.

Place the turkey strips into a large bowl; lightly beat egg whites and sesame seed oil. Pour over the turkey and mix until all of the pieces are coated. Working one at a time, roll the turkey strips into the coconut mixture. Place in a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Now once all the strips have been rolled in the coconut mixture sprays one last time over the top of the turkey strips with the non-stick cooking spray.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the pieces over. Spray the other side with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes more.

While the strips are cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine the plum sauce, pineapple juice, mustard, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cove over medium heat until the sauce is bubbly and has thickened.

Transfer the turkey strips to a platter and place the dipping sauce in the center. Serve immediately

Make about 6 servings

Nutritional Values – 280 calories
6.9 grams of fat
3.1 grams of Sat Fat
33.3 grams of protein
20.4 grams of carbohydrates
1 gram of fiber
83 mg. Cholesterol
186.4 mg sodium % Calories from fat = 22

I hope you guy’s really enjoy this one. I have not tried it as of yet, but it sounds really good. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
The Iron Chef