The Souper Bowl
(Hearty, creamy, turkey and vegetable chowder)

8 oz. Boneless, skinless turkey breast cut into 1- inch cubes
3 oz. Canadian bacon, diced
½ cup of chopped onions
3 cups of low fat chicken broth
2 cups of diced carrots
1 cup of peeled, cubed potatoes
1 tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. dried rosemary **
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 cups of broccoli florets
1 can (15 oz) cream - style corn
1 cup of frozen or canned corn kennels
½ cup of low fat sour cream mixed with 1 tbsp. Cornstarch

Spray a large soup pot with non-sticking cooking spray. Add turkey and cover over medium-high heat until no-longer pink. Add the bacon and onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Add broth, carrots, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium – low and simmer for 8 minutes.
Stir in the broccoli and simmer for 3 minutes. Add creamed corn and corn kernels. Cook for 2 more minutes until the corn is heated thoroughly. Stir in the sour cream mixture and serve.

Makes about 4 servings.

What is rosemary and where do I get it?
Rosemary is a member of the mint family and is native to the Mediterranean. It was originally called by the Latin name “ ros marinus” or sea dew because it was often found on the sea cliffs in Southern France. It is needle shaped with silver green leaves which are highly aromatic and their flavor hints of lemon and pine. This herb is widely available both fresh and dried and either works very well in this recipe. If you are using the dried herb, use about 1/3 of the amount called for in the recipe.

Nutritional Value- Per serving
325 calories
4.1 grams of fat
0.7 grams of Sat Fat
27.3 grams of protein
51.4 grams of carbohydrates
4.2 grams of fiber
47.5 mg cholesterol
900.5 mg sodium
% Calories from fat =10

This one sounds really good however I have not tried it as of yet. I will let you know how it turns out after I have cooked it.
IC