Vegetarian tortillas
(Monterey Jack cheese and black – bean salsa layered between stacked tortillas)

1- ½ cup of seeded diced tomatoes
½ cup each of whole kernel corn, diced onions, diced red bell pepper, and unpeeled diced zucchini
1/3 cup of grated carrots
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 clove of garlic
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
¾ tsp. chili powder
1 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. Lime juice
4 seven inch flour tortillas
1 cup of shredded, reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
¼ cup of chopped green onions
1/3 cup of low-fat sour cream
½ cup of chopped lettuce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a medium non-stick saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1-cup tomatoes, plus the next 9 ingredients. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until the vegetables softened. Add the beans and cook for an additional 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.

Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place one tortilla in the middle of the tray. Spoon 1/3 of the bean mixture over a tortilla, followed by ¼ cheese. Repeat layering 2 more times. Place the final tortilla on top and sprinkle with the last bit of cheese and green onions.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas turn golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and slice into 4 wedges. Top with sour cream, remaining tomatoes and lettuce. Serve immediately.

Makes about 4 servings

Nutritional Value per serving
271 calories
8.7 grams of fat
3.2 grams of Sat fat
18.2 grams of protein
38.1 grams of carbohydrates
6.5 grams of fiber
21.3 mg cholesterol
460.5 mg sodium
% Calories from fat = 26

Now I know this one does not have any meat in it. I just thought that I would post it for some of the vegetarians that I happen to know live out in AR land. Enjoy!

The Iron Chef