Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member

bad reaction to arimidex?

well, this may sound silly, at least it did to my HRT doc, but i took anastrozole yesterday for the first time ever (i've always used other compounds, but he insisted this is better)...i felt VERY bad, all day long...panicky, lots of anxiety, almost like i was having an allergic reaction, but no itching or hives, no noticable swelling, but my face felt flushed, my appetitie was shot...i suppose the anxiety was the worst though...anyhow, something was wrong...i've been trying to think about anything that i might have eaten or taken, but the only thing coming to mind is the anastrozole that i took in the morning, after breakfast.

has anyone experienced anything like this when taking arimidex ? i have taken tamoxifen before, no problems, and like i said, my HRT doc said there's no way it was the meds, but when i researched the drug a bit, i found that a small percentage of patients (in this case women), did have some adverse reactions, but it didnt clarify whether it was over time, or if it happened after their first dose...

just looking for some answers...i feel better today...i've also been dieting pretty hard, but it's been over two weeks, so i doubt that has anything to do with it...just not sure, might need some bloodwork...any input?

AM

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have taken tamoxifin for the last 18 months , After blood work doc added the arimidex to my TRT . Take both now . I take EOD and have not noticed any physical changes .

Good luck , I know oddities in well being can be frustrating .
    Dont wanna be old .

yeah, just talked with my doc...he said he has NEVER seen any adverse reactions, with thousands of patients...i have no reason not to believe him...he did say that having been on a low cal diet the past two and half weeks (i think i might need to restructure my diet...i was eating four times a day, with about 60g p, 40g c, and 5-10g f every meal--only about 2000 cal, and i'm 6'1 225...with my activity level, most formulas say i need about 3300...could this be causing some problems with my metabolism overall)...also, I have not taken any test for a few months, i may have had a "surge" of hormones...still not sure...i might take it again, on a day off from work, and see what happens...would suck if it was just some stupid panic attack

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hard to say . I believe some estrogen is needed for normal function . Between diet and tampering with hormones there is no way to be sure . I would recommend a cheat meal to figure out if it is calorie deficient diet .

If some good calories doesn't make you feel better then research the hormones .
    Not sure how dex works without the test .

Did you run a pct after you stopped with the test ?

Don't worry if it was a panic attack . Can't put a price on piece of mind .

Good luck !

lwb357 is offline New Member
    Symptoms sound like what some people get from excess estrogen. How much arimi did you use?
    Why are you using it without test? Have you checked your estrogen levels?

i'm not using it without test, it's part of my TRT...they have me taking .25mg three times a week, along with a weekly injection of 200mg enanthate , and 500 iu hcg two days and one day before the test injection. i havent taken the dex since that day, but i have the day off tomorrow, so i'm gonna give it another go...might have just been having a rough week, i dunno, my doc said he's NEVER heard of any type of reaction like that, attributed to dex use that is...

lwb357 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male View Post
    ..might have just been having a rough week, i dunno, my doc said he's NEVER heard of any type of reaction like that, attributed to dex use that is...
    I get terrible indigestion and diarrhea from arimidex . Gastrointestinal disturbances are a common side effect.

Thread Information