Leanandmean24 is offline New Member

GW for boxing? Opinions?

Will GW increase performance in boxing? I have to be able to work my way up to 10 3-minute rounds. I can currently only do 5 2-minute rounds in a row. Also, any opinions if I should use it if I'm under 25 or just wait?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I maintained a log on GW a couple of years ago.

the risks are stomach polyps primarily.

I won't use GW again. Barely noticed any cardio improvements, and lost some strength. For me, it was a terrible trade off.

If you are under 25, I'm just going to suggest, to improve your endurance in the ring, maybe losing some weight and redoubling your efforts with cardio activities.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    I don't know what GW is; 3 key things you can do for boxing fitness; first is always sparring 3min on 30sec off; nothing will come close if you can do that 12 times with intensity then you are super fit . Nothing comes close. Second pad work at high intensity 1 hour 3min on 30 sec break no stopping thats about 15 /18; rounds; Third, sprints either beep test continually, 400 meter sprints or 1km sprints flat out in between bag work with or without weight vest

if you do these for an hour you are fit.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    GW is short hand for

GW501516

fairly well hyped. and it seems to work in the petri dish. Falls short of it's promise in the real world.

KsBoost is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I maintained a log on GW a couple of years ago.

the risks are stomach polyps primarily.

I won't use GW again. Barely noticed any cardio improvements, and lost some strength. For me, it was a terrible trade off.

If you are under 25, I'm just going to suggest, to improve your endurance in the ring, maybe losing some weight and redoubling your efforts with cardio activities.
    This is literally the exact same thing that happened on my GW run.

Thread Information