Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By curio

Thread: Sarms vs Roids

curio is offline Female Member

Sarms vs Roids

Hi all,

I'm new here. Been researching quite a bit.
    Female, on prescribed HRT and recently added Sermorelin. Interested in decreasing BF% and toning.
    Macro and calorie conscious. (Although everyone has a different opinion on break down).

I'm interested in hearing a few thoughts on Sarms vs Roids.

Sorry if this post already exist. I couldn't find one.

My current gym time is w a trainer 3x per week and cardio 2x per week.
    I have done gym time 5x per week (last year) with cardio 3x per week.

Either case = same results. Far from my goal.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm still waiting for female board access from a few days ago.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by curio View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new here. Been researching quite a bit.
    Female, on prescribed HRT and recently added Sermorelin. Interested in decreasing BF% and toning.
    Macro and calorie conscious. (Although everyone has a different opinion on break down).

I'm interested in hearing a few thoughts on Sarms vs Roids.

Sorry if this post already exist. I couldn't find one.

My current gym time is w a trainer 3x per week and cardio 2x per week.
    I have done gym time 5x per week (last year) with cardio 3x per week.

Either case = same results. Far from my goal.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm still waiting for female board access from a few days ago.
    Sermorelin is NOT a SARM , its a GHRH, a peptide analogue of growth hormone -releasing hormone. also known as a 'secretagogue' being it helps the pituitary pulse natural growth hormone release .

its in NO WAY comparable to anabolic steroids . however it will help you with your goals as it will increase growth hormone (which will aide in fat loss, or more specifically prevent fat gain, and will help with recovery as well as indirectly build muscle)

now a SARM (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) is more directly anabolic then a GHRH, as it will directly act on the Androgen receptor and communicate with the cell to promote muscle building and protein synthesis.
    SARMS that I recommend for females are
    Ostarine. (10mg)
    LGD-4033 (5mg)

Welcome , and hope that helps

Correct. I am aware of Sermerolin. Wasn't trying to say it's a SARM of any sort. Just was stating what I am currently doing (and looking to add to).

Thanks for the info.
    I do appreciate it. I'm still continuing to research before deciding. I'm one who tends to research the hell out of stuff, lol. But, I will make a decision at some point. Gotta get movin' to get where I wanna be.
    Last edited by curio; 01-12-2018 at 12:36 PM.

yeah definitely do you research before you go putting chemicals in your body that may effect you positively or negatively.

if your going to go the SARMS route then I recommend starting with Ostarine. Most women do very well with that compound.

however, to be bluntly honest here, SARMS are nearly as expensive as VAR or T-Bol. and both VAR and T-bol (anabolic steroids ) are way more effective then any SARM and have very few negative sides as well.
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Sermorelin is NOT a SARM , its a GHRH, a peptide analogue of growth hormone -releasing hormone. also known as a 'secretagogue' being it helps the pituitary pulse natural growth hormone release .

its in NO WAY comparable to anabolic steroids . however it will help you with your goals as it will increase growth hormone (which will aide in fat loss, or more specifically prevent fat gain, and will help with recovery as well as indirectly build muscle)

now a SARM (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) is more directly anabolic then a GHRH, as it will directly act on the Androgen receptor and communicate with the cell to promote muscle building and protein synthesis.
    SARMS that I recommend for females are
    Ostarine. (10mg)
    LGD-4033 (5mg)

Welcome , and hope that helps

The SARMS (or not exactly sarms) i'm considering are

GW-501516 (CARDARINE) and mk677 (NUTROBAL)

but I think i need to add sr-9009 (STENABOLIC) or S4 (ANDARINE)

Unless I go the other way and try the roids instead.
    Thinking since I'm a complete newbie I should probably try the sarms first, but I also don't wanna waste 4-6 months of trial time either. Feel like I've been in trial time for 10 years trying w out them.

My scenario may be a bit odd. But, I don't respond to muscle building real well. Meaning, I work out w people much younger, rarely to never get sore (can get injured just not sore). My recovery time is more than hella quick (on a monitor), and I can work out 2hrs 5x/week or 1 hr 3x/week w the same results. :-(

Have tried both w higher protein/ lower carbs and lower carbs/higher protein (both low fats).

Not a big responder to cardio and def. need to stick to weights. So, I'm thinking something that will kick my muscle fibers ass may get them going in the right direction is in order.
    Last edited by curio; 01-12-2018 at 12:41 PM.

The SARMS (or not exactly sarms) i'm considering are

GW-501516 (CARDARINE) and mk677 (NUTROBAL)
    your right those are not SARMS either

GW-50 is a PPAR Agonist (its sold by SARMS producing companies so a lot of people assume its a SARM but its not)
    MK677 is not a SARM its a GH secretagogue

I've been on MK677 for over a year . it works great. GW50 on the other hand does not do a whole lot for me.

you could run MK677 and get off the Sermorelin if you wanted (or you can run them both together if $ is not an issue)

I will do both, MK677 and stay on sermorelin for 6 months and see how it goes (if I add the MK677).

But, do you think I need to add one of the other two I listed above, or just do those two and add VAR?
    I know VAR is injectable and oral, so that's next in figuring it which is better there (price, efficiency, and time to see results).

Let me know if I am missing any pertinent info you might need about myself.
    Glad to find open knowledgeable people here.
    GearHeaded likes this.

I will do both, MK677 and stay on sermorelin for 6 months and see how it goes (if I add the MK677).

But, do you think I need to add one of the other two I listed above, or just do those two and add VAR?
    I know VAR is injectable and oral, so that's next in figuring it which is better there (price, efficiency, and time to see results).

Let me know if I am missing any pertinent info you might need about myself.
    Glad to find open knowledgeable people here.
    what are your current body stats, age, and how long have you been training ?

I'm a gym owner, trainer, and coach, and have been in circumstances many times on trying to help a female out and decide on running SARMS or VAR. I also have a wife that I train and have put on various drug protocols as well (so its personal for me).
    heres a couple points
    - SARMS are much easier to get and are not going to be faked with something like Dbol . VAR on the other hand can be faked with Dbol and that is very bad for a female to take . so you have to have a very good source of pharma grade VAR.
    - VAR is much more effective then SARMS. it will help you get stronger, build muscle, and loose body fat. SARMS like LGD or Ostarine are a bit more slow and steady muscle builders.
    - SARMS are virtually side effect free (other then some water retention) , VAR is probably the safest cleanest oral steroid out there, but it can have some negative effects on your cholesterol, as well as raise resting heart rate and blood pressure (thats person dependent , some people have no sides)

to answer some of your questions..
    running MK677 with Sermorelin is going to allow you to pulse GH through two different mechanisms of action. so you'll end up with more GH pulses. MK677 will have an effect on your blood glucose levels though, will increase your appetite, and may cause a bit of water retention.

I would only go with Oral VAR . its more potent and kicks in much faster. the injectable Var is generally in a water based form, which makes the possibility of infection go way up (compared to AAS that are oil based)

you'll get more bang for your buck with VAR

[QUOTE=GearHeaded;7353291]what are your current body stats, age, and how long have you been training ?

I'm a gym owner, trainer, and coach, and have been in circumstances many times on trying to help a female out and decide on running SARMS or VAR. I also have a wife that I train and have put on various drug protocols as well (so its personal for me).
    heres a couple points
    - SARMS are much easier to get and are not going to be faked with something like Dbol . VAR on the other hand can be faked with Dbol and that is very bad for a female to take . so you have to have a very good source of pharma grade VAR.
    - VAR is much more effective then SARMS. it will help you get stronger, build muscle, and loose body fat. SARMS like LGD or Ostarine are a bit more slow and steady muscle builders.
    - SARMS are virtually side effect free (other then some water retention) , VAR is probably the safest cleanest oral steroid out there, but it can have some negative effects on your cholesterol, as well as raise resting heart rate and blood pressure (thats person dependent , some people have no sides)

to answer some of your questions..
    running MK677 with Sermorelin is going to allow you to pulse GH through two different mechanisms of action. so you'll end up with more GH pulses. MK677 will have an effect on your blood glucose levels though, will increase your appetite, and may cause a bit of water retention.

I would only go with Oral VAR . its more potent and kicks in much faster. the injectable Var is generally in a water based form, which makes the possibility of infection go way up (compared to AAS that are oil based)

you'll get more bang for your buck with VAR[/QUOTE

Very informative!!
    I am 51/ 5'9"/ 145/

Been in the gym for close to ten years.
    Unreal to not be able to get the results I want.

having increased HGH and IGF levels, stacked with VAR at 5mg for the first two weeks then ramping up to 10mg max , coupled with a good diet and training program should help you get some better results

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Ostarine is a great SARM if you end up going that route, I actually like to add it to my AAS stack

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    Ostarine is a great SARM if you end up going that route, I actually like to add it to my AAS stack

Thanks!!
    I'm thinking to start w SARMS and follow up w VAR for the next cycle. Tempted to just go straight to VAR, but thinking I am going to try SARMS first.

Which ever route, I will post follow ups if anyone is interested in reading.

Wonderful! I've been waiting for a lady to run a SARM and post results. There is a lot of data on ladies that have run Var but not many of ladies that have run a SARM. I would be curious to know your results.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Wonderful! I've been waiting for a lady to run a SARM and post results. There is a lot of data on ladies that have run Var but not many of ladies that have run a SARM. I would be curious to know your results.
    my wife and several female clients of mine have ran SARMs with good results. I think SARMs are actually more effective in females then they are for males. the results are "steroid like" yet the side effects are not

AllexCord is offline Banned
    There are even stackable SARMs for women, specifically designed for their use. One of the packages that could be better for women consists of GW, MK-2866, and S4. This seems to be a truly impressive trio for women, and with minimal side effects. In general, dosage for women is much lower than for men. Side effects of testosterone -increasing SARMs can lead to virilization, or physical changes that distinguish men from women.

For example, women who dramatically increase testosterone may experience a deepening of the voice, male hair growth patterns, as well as hair loss, acne, menstrual problems, or other issues. Some women even choose to go with a product that’s only anabolic , and not androgenic , as it doesn’t increase testosterone production.

Thread Information