View Poll Results: Who's Gonna Win The Cup???

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colorado Avalanche

5 25.00%
  • Montreal Canadiens

1 5.00%
  • Boston Bruins

1 5.00%
  • NY Islanders

3 15.00%
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

2 10.00%
  • St. Louis Blues

0 0%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

2 10.00%
  • San Jose Sharks

0 0%
  • New Jersey Devils

1 5.00%
  • Vancouver Canucks

5 25.00%

Thread: NHL Madness!!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only

NHL Madness!!!

Alright, I don't know how many hockey fans there are here, but it doesn't seem like many. I always see you boyz talking about baseball, football but not much hockey going on here!!!

So here's the question, who's winning the cup this year???

By the way, I would just like to mention that MONTREAL FUCKEN KICKED BOSTON'S ASS TODAY BABY 5-2!!! YEAH!!!

By the way, I'm a Montreal Canadians fan The mad 8th place underdogs put up an AWESOME fight against Boston. I have to admit...THIS WAS THEEEE BEST HOCKEY GAME I HAVE EVER WATCHED!!! Truly it was amazing, almost as if they were playing the final round for the cup, it was that agressive and that intense!!!

Unfortunely the POLL max is only 10, so i'll leave the teams that I don't think will win it out of the POLL

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Well you didn't have the kings up there. I know that Col. will probably kick them out first round but Im from La. So, I have to go with my other team to repeat the Aves Roy fan from way back

Originally posted by RON
    Well you didn't have the kings up there. I know that Col. will probably kick them out first round but Im from La. So, I have to go with my other team to repeat the Aves Roy fan from way back
    Yeah I know, unfortunetly, I can't put up more then 10 teams (poll rules) so I left out the teams I think suck sorry

righton is offline Senior Member
    Being a ex-winnipeger i wish they kept the team, but i have been a Canadian fan from way back when( Lefleur, Yvon can't even print his last name, Robinson, Gainey and the big man Ken Dryden leaning on the net with his elbows)

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I was a Nordiques fan and that carried over to Colorado...so I was a happy man last year as well as their first year in Co. I also watched Alex Tanguays Major Junior career as he played it here in the city I live in. I'm also a HATER of the Habs!!! My two favorite teams are the Colorado Avalance and any team that's playing the Habs No offence Terinox...I love the city...my wife is from Montreal. Montreal is just one of those teams you love or hate...no in between...like the Yankees, The Braves, Lakers, etc....If not the Avalance I would like to see the Bruins go all the way as they are my no.2 team. (Yes, I know the results of game #1)

@ Pete!

Well I guess I gotta respect your views and opinions

Actually, I also like the Colorado Avalanche, but not because they used to be Quebec, but because of Roy Damn he used to rock on Montreal!

Three teams I'm going for this year, in the order of "I hope they win."

1. Montreal
    2. Toronto
    3. Colorado

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Normally its not hard for me to decide who to cheer for, but my team missed the playoffs! I'll be cheering for the small market teams, especially the Canadian teams (that excludes the Leafs). I'd love to see the Canucks win it, and they very well could. Next year my team is gonna come out with ice in their blood!

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Normally its not hard for me to decide who to cheer for, but my team missed the playoffs! I'll be cheering for the small market teams, especially the Canadian teams (that excludes the Leafs). I'd love to see the Canucks win it, and they very well could. Next year my team is gonna come out with ice in their blood!
    You are quite right, Vancouver is kicking some sweet sweet SWEET Detroit ass!!! I am shocked at how well they are playing! Detroit fans are all shitting their pants! Vancouver leads 2-0, and many people are starting to think that they just might be able to SWEEEEEP the Red Wings!!!

Who's your team by the way? Since your rooting for Canadian teams, put all that rooting effort into Montreal

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Ever though i'm canadian my team is the bruins and thanks for mentioning the 5-2 lose i REAAAAALY appreciate that but its NOT over Yet my friend.

Well no, it's not over yet, but you have to admit, Montreal put up a damn good fight against Boston and a lot of people were shocked! I knew from the beginning that they would do more damage then everyone expected. People were layed back thinking this is gonna be easy for Boston, who clinched the conference! Boy were they wrong!

Next game, Montreal @ Boston Sunday 7pm!!!

GOOOOOOOO MONTREAL!!!

:P

I will be watching on sunday BTW what's the deal with sunday why not today like the other games.
    Go Beantown Bruisers!!!

Originally posted by Terinox
    Who's your team by the way?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NHL Madness!!!-oilers-3rd-logo.jpg  

Good ol' Edmonton Oilers, great team, just great! They were DAMN close thise year though, only 2 behind Vancouver for the final spot But I have to admit, I'm happy that Vancouver was the team that made it (sorry) but I really don't think Edmonton could have put up such a good fight with Detroit as the Canucks are doing right now! 2-0 in the series so far! I mean DAMN!

Originally posted by Tedmax195
    I will be watching on sunday BTW what's the deal with sunday why not today like the other games.
    Go Beantown Bruisers!!!
    Dude I don't know, that's a good question. They fuck up the matches so much these days it's not funny! Some teams end up getting two days off like Montreal (which is good though, in my favour!!!) but then there are teams like Chicago/St. Louis who don't get ANY days off (they play back to back Sat/Sun). They sure messed these dates up! They should have just made it everyother day just like it usually is, but with the entertainment business these days, they just do whatever they want

Most likely these were the best broadcasting times or something, who knows...not me

We sold out to the americans at least cbc did what happened? Saturday night and ONE night game because there is 3 r 4 Day games what is up with that. Saturday is synonymous with game at 6-7-oclock and late game with Vacouver/Calgary/Edmonton. That is just Not right....
    Btw Good luck to All the canadian teams

Yeah, I agree that the Canucks have a better team to face the Wings than the Oilers would. However, the Oilers played great against the Wings this season. Vancouver has one of the best teams in the league, but we haven't even seen it yet. Some teams have 3-4 big guns, but the Canucks can use Naslund, Bertuzzi, Cassels, Jovo, Morrison, Ohlund, Hlavac, the Sedins, and even Linden!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Why isn't detroit on the list? but i think The Canucks will win the cup

Originally posted by Full Intensity
    Why isn't detroit on the list? but i think The Canucks will win the cup

Because Detroit sucks and Vancouver is gonna SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP them out of the playoffs!!!

Starting with tonight, they will make it 3-0 (in Vancouver)!

6-4 Bruins pull this one off!!!!!!!!!!

stan66 is offline Junior Member

Gotta go with the underdogs...

I like Vancouver or maybe Toronto out of the teams that are in it. My team sucked ass in a major way this year so I just don't have the same kind of exuberance(sp) when it comes to the playoffs this year. My team would be the Penguins by the way, I know they sucked this year in the worst way but I believe they will be back with a vengeance next year. A great up and coming goalie, Mario should(me crossing fingers)be able to stay healthy and be a force again, and also Straka, Lang, and a few other injured players will be back in action. Some defensemen and we are in business,hopefully!! Anyway back to the topic at hand....I will be happy if anyone wins but the Flyers, I hate them with a passion!!

Re: Gotta go with the underdogs...

Originally posted by stan66
    I like Vancouver or maybe Toronto out of the teams that are in it.
    But you consider Toronto an underdog? They have some of the best talent and one of the biggest payrolls.

Cloutier isn't looking so sharp right now. He's standing too deep in the crease.

stan66 is offline Junior Member

Excess........

I only call Toronto an underdog in the facet that they aren't really expected to make it very far. I think they have the talent to go pretty far if Cujo can play like he should and they get some guys to step up. They have alot of talent, but I have not heard of any one thinking they are a real threat to go very far.....

Originally posted by Tedmax195
    6-4 Bruins pull this one off!!!!!!!!!!
    Shit man, I was shocked as hell when this happened! I couldn't BELIEVE IT! Damn Montreal was losing 4-0!!! And all this only in the first period. Dammit, I thought they would pull Theodore for sure, but then again, they did a great job keeping him in, and he played great the rest of the game! Montreal made an amazing come back to only lose 5-4 (if it wasn't for that empty netter)!

Damn, I have to say, where Montreal wins (hopefully) or loses, this has been an amazing series so far!!! Can't miss a single game, full of action.

Other series are amazing too, Detroit VS Vancouver was a damn nice game too! Vancouver got a little bit sloppy, Cloutier made some pretty nice saves though, he just wasn't 100% for some reason. It's okay though, he'll be back in game 4, strong!

One of our boyz must make it far!!! Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and maybe Ottawa (although they aren't looking too sharp).

wyatt is offline New Member
    What is up with no respect for the wings? Detroit is going to win with no Questions, Im from Detroit we are way to good to lose, its real serious here, everyone expects it here we will prevail, Fuck Vancouver, What is up with Colorado? I hope they win game 7 so we can kick there ass in the Finals

Personally I think Detroit is just a money team. They got Osgood, Yzerman, Chelios, Hull, Federov, etc...All these other teams are more amateur, and vancouver did pretty good against Detroit. I don't want Detroit to win, they win too much, it's time another team won! Thank God that New Jersey is out of the playoffs. I hate them too!

Colorado VS Detroit would be an awesome series as usual! It will be intense as hell. I'm pretty sure Colorado will beat LA. If not, then Detroit VS LA is gonna be a joke!!!

These are my predictions:

ROUND TWO:
    Detroit VS Colorado = Colorado
    San Jose VS St. Louis = San Jose
    Montreal VS Ottawa = Montreal
    Carolina VS Toronto = Toronto

ROUND THREE:
    Colorado VS San Jose = Colorado
    Montreal VS Toronto = Montreal

STANLEY CUP:
    Colorado VS Montreal = MONTREAL

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Well this is a little past due, but I gots to give a shout out to the AVS!!!! GAME 7 it's on. Red Wings Suck!! This series should be the real Stanley cup.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Canes!! How bout them bad boys, who would've thought? I'm a rangers fan but since they suck ass I might as well root for the home town boys.

Steelhead is offline New Member
    Fuck Colorado you got your ass kicked, PATTY WHACKED motherfuckers wings kick ass the cup will be ours in no more than 5 games, patrick roy got his ass handed to him go wings

Thread Information