View Poll Results: Will there be a baseball strike this season?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, before the regular season ends.

4 80.00%
  • Yes, after the regular season.

1 20.00%
  • No, they'll strike after the playoffs.

0 0%
  • No, they'll reach an agreement.

0 0%
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Will there be a baseball strike this season?

What's everyone's opinion on this? I don't see any way around it. The players have it made right now and they'll risk the future of the game on it.

Bigbear is offline New Member
    The players are a bunch of sissy boys. I mean come on some get like 10 million a year to play the weekest sport out there. Football players make a fraction of that and get there brains beat in all season, without the aid of AS too. I love to watch baseball and it took me a couple years to recover from the last strike, but if they strike this year its over fuck baseball I hope they cant sell tickets!

I REALLY DONT FOLLOW BUT...........

.....football is just weeks away.........'GO STEELERS'.......

Bigbear is offline New Member
    Damn im sorry to hear that its a shame we have steelers fans anymore! GO TITANS

KeyMastur is offline VET
    The strike won't matter to much making league minimum, or close to that, but it will mostly matter to those like A-Rod making 26 million a year who'll lose a 2 million dollar check. There is no way to avoid a strike - it's bound to happen Aug. 16 (the planned date) if not before. Some things will get accomplished, and some will remain un-compromised. All in all - it's the players who make the fans come out to a game (which means money) so they will get what they want. Just watch.....

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I love baseball but the fact of the matter is it has evolved too greatly into a corporate landscape with too many people trying to get a piece of the tasty profit pie. Sadly, the fan has been left out of the equation and as a result the interest in the game has steadily decreased over the last couple of years. Yes...the salaries have certainly got out of hand for the players, the coaches, and the owners. But its hard to blame the players because anyone in a situation where they have the opportunity to demand more money from their employer and expect to get it, then they surely will demand it. It happens everyday in America, the only difference is smaller salaries (well, alot smaller) and well...the fact their getting paid millions to play a child's game. All in all if baseball does have a strike it will only be put off as another greedy member of the class of 2002 (joining the Worldcom's and the Enron's). And after the dust settles, everthing will return to normal b/c after all, American business's (including sport's franchises) can always rely on successful marketing campaigns (or fixing the books for that matter) to turn pennies into profits.
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 07-30-2002 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information