Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JAYROD is offline Senior Member

college football 2007

ahh, football is in the air and all will be right in the world when the whistle blows for the first time and the pads start crackin. i've only found 1 preview magazine so far (lindys) and here is their top 10.

1. southern cal
    2. lsu
    3. michigan
    4. west virginia
    5. texas
    6. wisconsin
    7. tennessee
    8. va tech
    9. louisville
    10. oklahoma

preseason rankings mean nothing but it gives something to talk about. i think at least all of these teams have a legitimate shot at a national title if not more and i have to agree going with southern cal as a preseason #1. florida was #11 btw.

Quil is offline Member
    As a Tennessee Vols fan for life, I must say I am shocked to see them ranked 7th. We lost every starting wide receiver, 2 starting D-Linesmen, and part of the O-line as well. Hope they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    As a Tennessee Vols fan for life, I must say I am shocked to see them ranked 7th. We lost every starting wide receiver, 2 starting D-Linesmen, and part of the O-line as well. Hope they are right.
    i was suprised to see the vols that high too. robert meachem will be a big loss and ainge will have to carry the team on his shoulders but he's most definately a very solid qb. i do think they have enough talent to win the sec if the d-line and the secondary step up.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I expected Michigan to be in the top 10 but not that high. Granted, all the offensive threats are returning but we're losing a lot on the defensive side of the ball. UM seems to find a way to fill in some spots but losing the top corner, top linebacker, and top defensive lineman are hard spots to fill!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I expected Michigan to be in the top 10 but not that high. Granted, all the offensive threats are returning but we're losing a lot on the defensive side of the ball. UM seems to find a way to fill in some spots but losing the top corner, top linebacker, and top defensive lineman are hard spots to fill!
    they should be the best out of the big10 without question. they do have a solid qb and a very good rb and that o-line is awesome. i think the 2 best offensive lines in the country will be michigan's and oklahoma's. this magazine only has big12 team profiles but i do know michigan lost alot from that very good defense they had last year. maybe they have some talent waiting in the wings to step up on defense.

here is the top 10 by athlon.

1. southern cal
    2. texas
    3. lsu
    4. wisconsin
    5. west virginia
    6. florida
    7. oklahoma
    8. michigan
    9. virginia tech
    10. rutgers

Huckster is offline Associate Member
    Wisconsin above Michigan???????????
    You've got to be kidding me? What kind of QB does Wiscky have? Didn't their starter graduate.

Despite the losses on defense Michigan should be the class of the Big Ten.

i just picked up phil steel's preview mag which is the most in ***th and most accurate preview mag without question. here's his top 10.

1. southern cal
    2. lsu
    3. oklahoma
    4. west virginia
    5. michigan
    6. texas
    7. louiseville
    8. florida state
    9. virginia tech
    10. penn state

whynot960 is offline Associate Member
    No Ohio State? Must of lost alot of talent.

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Sec All The Way Baby-don't Care Who Or How But The Sec Owns College Football. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by lpicken
    Sec All The Way Baby-don't Care Who Or How But The Sec Owns College Football. Period.
    you sec people kill me. i live very close to an sec school and i noticed it when i moved here last year and then i was listening to a big time radio personality on espn and he was talking about this same thing i was wondering about and that is, why do sec fans ride the coat tails of their rival teams? he was down in alabama during the national championship game last year and he coundn't believe theses 'bama hardcore fans were shouting "go florida go sec!". he made a great point that the florida gators won the national championship not the sec, the sec has nothing to do with it. why is the southeastern conference fans the only ones that are like this? i don't get it either. i'm a sooner fan and even though oklahoma has more national championships and conference championship than any other school in the big12 i wish they were the only school that had any championships in the conference. the sec is a very tough football conference but they don't own college football by any means, the big12 and big10 have many many football powers in their conference also and for the record the big12 has the most combined national championships of any conference.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    for the record the big12 has the most combined national championships of any conference.
    Im a huge Sooners fan but the Big Ten has the most combined National Championships with 20. The Big 12 has 18 with OU having half of them. SEC with 15. In***endant-Notre Dame 13. Big East 11. Pac10 has USC with 11. ACC with 9 and Harvard with 4.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Im a huge Sooners fan but the Big Ten has the most combined National Championships with 20. The Big 12 has 18 with OU having half of them. SEC with 15. In***endant-Notre Dame 13. Big East 11. Pac10 has USC with 11. ACC with 9 and Harvard with 4.
    i should have clarified i meant ap national championships. i don't remember the exact numbers but i do remember that the big12 had 2 more than the sec prior to last years florida championship. as far as schools notre dame has 8 ap national titles and oklahoma has 7. i'm with the ncaa in recognizing modern football which was when the ap started in the 30's otherwise we would have to crown yale as the football kings because they actually have 17 national titles if you go back to the start of college football. by the BOOMER SOONER! if the sooners get the qb question solved they will be very hard to beat. i think bradford will be under center at least for the begining of the season but this nichol kid might be the man.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Im surprised no Ohio State.

Pete Carroll said last years recruiting class was his best ever. Damn

Good to see MI so high. I figured at least in the top 5 with the offense they have coming back.

ahh, football is in the air and all will be right in the world when the whistle blows for the first time and the pads start crackin. i've only found 1 preview magazine so far (lindys) and here is their top 10.

1. southern cal
    2. lsu
    3. michigan
    4. west virginia
    5. texas
    6. wisconsin
    7. tennessee
    8. va tech
    9. louisville
    10. oklahoma

preseason rankings mean nothing but it gives something to talk about. i think at least all of these teams have a legitimate shot at a national title if not more and i have to agree going with southern cal as a preseason #1. florida was #11 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Im surprised no Ohio State.

Pete Carroll said last years recruiting class was his best ever. Damn

Good to see MI so high. I figured at least in the top 5 with the offense they have coming back.
    everybody has ohio state right around 15. i'm sure they have some talent to plug some holes but you gotta figure losing players like troy smith, ted ginn jr., anthony gonzalas and antonio pittman is gonna hurt. losing that much talent will put a dent in any football team.

i'm not sure what pete carroll is doing there at southern cal but he's been cleaning up in recruiting for several years. funny that reggie bush was caught on tape recieving more than $200,000 while still in school and the house that was bought for his mom and nothing comes of it kinda makes you think something fishy is going on. i guess the tape and the house dissapeared.

RA
    everybody has ohio state right around 15. i'm sure they have some talent to plug some holes but you gotta figure losing players like troy smith, ted ginn jr., anthony gonzalas and antonio pittman is gonna hurt. losing that much talent will put a dent in any football team.

i'm not sure what pete carroll is doing there at southern cal but he's been cleaning up in recruiting for several years. funny that reggie bush was caught on tape recieving more than $200,000 while still in school and the house that was bought for his mom and nothing comes of it kinda makes you think something fishy is going on. i guess the tape and the house dissapeared.

Im glad about OSU. Michigan needs to beat em some year...

I figured USC had to be paying, to string together that many awesome recruiting classes. I hadnt heard about the tape though.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Im glad about OSU. Michigan needs to beat em some year...

I figured USC had to be paying, to string together that many awesome recruiting classes. I hadnt heard about the tape though.
    it was in febuary and i was listening to espn radio when the story broke about bush on tape accepting a large amount of cash (over 200 grand) and they were going on and on about usc was going to be looking at probation and at the very least all of reggie bush's stats were going to be bannished from record books and he was most certainly going to lose his heisman trophy. they talked about it for a few weeks and them that was it, nothing more has come of it. surely the ncaa is investigating it and some kind of punishment will be handed down.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    It will be Texas vs USC for the national title.

ccsranker is offline New Member
    I'm betting on West Virginia winning ... laughable non-conference schedule and only legit opponent who can stop them is conference rival Louisville. The only question is whether Slanton or White will win the Heisman.

Quote Originally Posted by ccsranker
    I'm betting on West Virginia winning ... laughable non-conference schedule and only legit opponent who can stop them is conference rival Louisville. The only question is whether Slanton or White will win the Heisman.
    i really think wv will be very very good. like you said louisville looks to be the only real test for them and having them at home gives wv the edge. they do have to play at rutgers but i really think wv can handle them easily.

goober48 is offline Junior Member
    rutgers isnt gonna be all that great this year. WV is gonna murder them.

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    Not to start an argument here but let me ask you gents a question. If the nfl had to pick one confrence to draft out of every year, which one do ya'll think they would pick? It would be SEC without a second thought. How many sec guys went in the first and second round in the last draft? BTW, them Bayou Bengals are gonna do to USC what Flordia did to OSU last year in the National Championship. Yes, I am bias so I'm expecting to get flamed but think about the draft and where all of the talent is coming from. Look at the pro bowl and tell me where all the talent is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by testisbest
    Not to start an argument here but let me ask you gents a question. If the nfl had to pick one confrence to draft out of every year, which one do ya'll think they would pick? It would be SEC without a second thought. How many sec guys went in the first and second round in the last draft? BTW, them Bayou Bengals are gonna do to USC what Flordia did to OSU last year in the National Championship. Yes, I am bias so I'm expecting to get flamed but think about the draft and where all of the talent is coming from. Look at the pro bowl and tell me where all the talent is coming from.
    if you look at nfl rosters you'll find that it's the traditional power football schools that produce nfl talent despite what conference they are in. what i mean is in your sec it's schools like florida and lsu not vanderbilt and kentucky loading nfl rosters. texas and oklahoma not baylor and kansas in the big12. so i guess my point is all the talent is coming from specific schools and they are just in whatever conference they are in. because of rivalries and parody in division 1 football it doesn't matter what conference a team is in it's very tough to win a conference title (especially bcs conferences). saying that i believe from top to bottom the sec would be the hardest to make a run through this upcoming season but some years it's the big10 or the big12.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I like how Penn State and Rutgers are ranked in the top 10 in seperate polls. I know neither will finish that high, but it's good to see that on paper they both have very solid teams!

rancid is offline Junior Member
    GO COLTS, what ya think about Dwight Freenys 72 million 6yr deal

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot
    I like how Penn State and Rutgers are ranked in the top 10 in seperate polls. I know neither will finish that high, but it's good to see that on paper they both have very solid teams!

I like to see Penn State do good. Jopa is a cool dude.

WAR79 is offline Junior Member
    i just picked up phil steel's preview mag which is the most in ***th and most accurate preview mag without question. here's his top 10.

1. southern cal
    2. lsu
    3. oklahoma
    4. west virginia
    5. michigan
    6. texas
    7. louiseville
    8. florida state
    9. virginia tech
    10. penn state
    No way! OU #3???? your kidding! FSU #8 your kidding! I love PSU but, come on! USC might have a good returning D and solid replacements on O but the y have the 2nd hardest schedfule in the nation. The Pac10 is serious this yr. 2 losses atleast. VaTech...please!!!!! Miami will win the ACC OUTRIGHT!

WAR79 is offline Junior Member
    I order my travel package last week to Norman Oklahoma to see Miami vs OU! I can't wait! I'm also going back home2see PSU vs OhioState @BeaverStadium! Gunna b SICK!

USC is way too loaded, and they are in a weak conference. The only way they don't play in the national title game is if they get too cocky and don't show up one weekend.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by charliemurphy229
    USC is way too loaded, and they are in a weak conference. The only way they don't play in the national title game is if they get too cocky and don't show up one weekend.
    Cal has been in the top 5 twice in the last 5 years, and UCLA returns 20 starters. Michigan is 1-5 in their last 6 games vs. Pac 10 teams. Not bad for a weak conference.

usc is over rated

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Florida Gators Ftw....

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by rancid
    usc is over rated
    Dumbest post I have ever read.

usc over rated? every single preseason poll has them number 1 because on paper they are clearly the best team in the nation plus their schedule isn't that tough. i hope somebody knocks them off but it looks like they will cruise into the bcs title game undefeated.

Im going with the gators beacuse my boy urban is the best coacch and he will gett it done.

i'm already fired up for saturday! i'm looking foward to the oklahoma state and georgia game in athens and of coarse i'll be interested to see how my sooners open the season.

RA
    Ive looked at Michigans schedule. If they dont trip on the goal line they should run the table. The thing Im worried about is there defense against a USC or LSU type team. Boy would I love to see them spank the trojans.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Roid, I'm depressed...

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    Michigan = OVERRATED not a big App fan but one of my best friends got his first start at center biggest upset in college football history

that was without question the biggest upset in sports that i've ever seen. that was truly david vs. golioth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information