Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerEye is offline Junior Member

Who is your college football team?

Here's mine....through and through.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    OH-IO. Talk sh*t if you want, but there are 118 D1 schools that didnt play in back to back championship games the last 2 years. THE Ohio State University beoooootchhhes!

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    ............THE Ohio State University, beeches!!

........... Third NC game in a row soon to come........

Yeah, be nice if we win it this year, lol!

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerEye View Post
    Here's mine....through and through.
    BOOMER SOONER!!!

7 national titles
    41 conference titles
    best record in the modern era
    ncaa record 47 game winning streak
    most weeks ranked #1 in both ap and bcs polls
    most weeks ranked in the top 5 in both ap and bcs polls
    4 heisman winners

were not snobs were just better than yOU! jk
    it is nice to be a sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    OH-IO. Talk sh*t if you want, but there are 118 D1 schools that didnt play in back to back championship games the last 2 years. THE Ohio State University beoooootchhhes!
    i was pulling so hard for osu the last 2 championship games because i'm sick of these sec fans. these guys can't root for a team so they root for 12. i don't get it. anyway the buckeyes are stacked again this season and will be very tough.

WiBballer is offline Junior Member
    University of Wisconsin

"These guys cant root for a team, so they root for 12" LMAO! I love it, im gonna have to steal that line bro, very well put. I dont know when all this cheering for conferences crap started. For me the only thing better than OSU winning is Michigan losing. In fact the highlight of my college football season last year was Michigan losing to App State. Anyway, thanks for the support, we should be tough again this year, just gotta get past USC.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    "These guys cant root for a team, so they root for 12" LMAO! I love it, im gonna have to steal that line bro, very well put. I dont know when all this cheering for conferences crap started. For me the only thing better than OSU winning is Michigan losing. In fact the highlight of my college football season last year was Michigan losing to App State. Anyway, thanks for the support, we should be tough again this year, just gotta get past USC.

All kidding aside, I bet you can tell where I went to school!

My ex girlfriend was a OSU cheerleader...I suppose theres a reason why she became my EX!

CJN1717 is offline Junior Member
    The only two time BCS National Champs.

LSU TIGERS, The best team in the best conference (By Far) in College Football.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    I live in Oklahoma and my parents and whole family are from wisconsin. Sooners and badgers, good thing they never play each other. but id have to go with OU over WIS.

ilovesus is offline Member
    Pitt!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI View Post

All kidding aside, I bet you can tell where I went to school!

My ex girlfriend was a OSU cheerleader...I suppose theres a reason why she became my EX!
    LMAO! Still sore about it huh? I was watching the game with 3 friends of mine who all went to UM, i felt bad, i thought they were gonna cry. I think you guys might have another tough year ahead of you....GF was an OSU cheerleader! Yeah, that had to be an interesting relationship.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Wisconsin Badgers.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    LMAO! Still sore about it huh? I was watching the game with 3 friends of mine who all went to UM, i felt bad, i thought they were gonna cry. I think you guys might have another tough year ahead of you....GF was an OSU cheerleader! Yeah, that had to be an interesting relationship.
    It was a relationship where we didn't really talk for about a week before the game and a week after.

I think we'll have a rough here as well but a rough here for Michigan is still top 3 in the conference I believe. Most are predicting us to be in the middle of the pack but I have some faith! I hope...

Very true, i dont see any worse than top 20, 3rd in conference. High expectations suck sometimes, same with us.

Quote Originally Posted by CJN1717 View Post
    The only two time BCS National Champs.

LSU TIGERS, The best team in the best conference (By Far) in College Football.
    i think if the tigers come up with a qb they could be in the hunt again this season. by the way the big12 had 4 top 10 teams and no other conference had more than 2 and it will most likely be the same this season. that's easy enough math for anyone who is unbiased to see what conference was (by far) the best in college football. the sec has some very strong teams, some middle of the road teams and doormats like every single other major conference does. the sec is nothing special to anyone but you guys.

This year is going to be hard for LSU, I honestly believe Georgia and Oklahoma are going to be great this year. LSU lost alot of great players.

But as far as the SEC being great only to us. I guess they are great when it comes to Championships to. Atleast since the BCS started in 98.

Since 98

SEC - 4

Big 12 - 2

Big Ten - 1

ACC - 1

Pac 10 -1

Big East - 1

I love college football all games but in my opinion and MANY others the SEC dominates right now. Now thats not to say it cant go Big Ten or Big 12 or ACC anytime. Just like the AFC has dominated the NFC for awhile in the NFL, things are always changing.

i think southern cal will be scary good this season and should be up there with georgia and oklahoma. watch out for missouri and florida too. yes a team in the sec conference has won the last 2 bcs titles and have 4 total but just because a team from a particular conference wins a championship does not make the conference great like usc winning the title in '04 when the pac10 had a major dropoff after southern cal. you're the first fan of an sec team i've heard say that no one conference is the best every season which i never thought i'd hear. the bcs system is flawed big time, for example if oklahoma didn't destroy #1 missouri in the big12 championship game lsu wouldn't have even been in the bcs title game and they certainly deserved to be along with 4 or 5 others but it just won't happen with the current system. it's great to boast about national titles escpessially when you need both hands to count how many your team has but they are truly "mythical" championships without a playoff. i would love to see oklahoma and lsu in a rematch of the '03 national title which was a fantastic game but with lsu's schedule they would have to go undefeated to get there most likely. even if it doesn't happen they will be squaring off in the not to distant future with a home and home that was finalized not long ago.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    arkansas....... wooooooooooo piggggggggg soieeeeeeeeee....

This year is going to be hard for LSU, I honestly believe Georgia and Oklahoma are going to be great this year. LSU lost alot of great players.

But as far as the SEC being great only to us. I guess they are great when it comes to Championships to. Atleast since the BCS started in 98.

Since 98

SEC - 4

Big 12 - 2

Big Ten - 1

ACC - 1

Pac 10 -1

Big East - 1

I love college football all games but in my opinion and MANY others the SEC dominates right now. Now thats not to say it cant go Big Ten or Big 12 or ACC anytime. Just like the AFC has dominated the NFC for awhile in the NFL, things are always changing.

The point was. PICK A TEAM, NOT A CONFERENCE! No one is disputing the SEC's dominance past few years, I've experienced it first hand past 2 years. I just dont get cheering for teams other than yours in a conference. I hate Michigan, I hate Wisconsion, I hate Penn State, hell I even hate Illinois!

Read my first post and you will see I picked a team.

I know you did and there better than my team And the SEC is better than the Big Ten. I was just tryin to clear up what Jayrod and I were saying. Im just sick of hearing about the SEC, its completely irrelevant to discuss the best conference, its a matter of who is the best team, which last year was obviously your team....A playoff would be nice, huh, do away with all this babble about conferences.

I know you did and there better than my team And the SEC is better than the Big Ten. I was just tryin to clear up what Jayrod and I were saying. Im just sick of hearing about the SEC, its completely irrelevant to discuss the best conference, its a matter of who is the best team, which last year was obviously your team....A playoff would be nice, huh, do away with all this babble about conferences.
    well put. by the way i hate oklahoma state and i really f*ckin hate texas! bro you have no idea what i go through living 15 minutes from an sec school. it's amazing the crap these morons think and say but when you open up a paper and all you see is sec this and sec that and the rest of the nation on the back page with no pictures and small print of coarse you will think it's the best because it's all they know about.

Yeah, my friend lives in Florida, and the BS is starting to rub off on him. He sends me text messages about the Gators and all this trash. Mother Fvcker your from Ohio, act like it! Im over it, it goes in cycles, completely random which conference is the best year to year....I feel for ya tho, luckily Im in NJ and there is no football team or conference for anyone to talk about, people start with Rutgers and I just laugh.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Sorry man, aint gonna happen. USC is gonna roll over OSU this year. The Trojan defense is the best it's been since 2004...... Chris Wells, meet Rey Maualuga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXgLCbw5YU

I completely agree with you about the playoff system but that wont happen theres to much money in the bowl games for people to make. Its sad but its the truth. But no matter what system there is people will complain, I mean the BCS was put in place due to the fact of need for change and now 10 years later people hate it. I just love football, I am a LSU fan (atleast they are good) and a huge Saints fan (That's another subject). I just cant wait until September.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD View Post
    well put. by the way i hate oklahoma state and i really f*ckin hate texas! bro you have no idea what i go through living 15 minutes from an sec school. it's amazing the crap these morons think and say but when you open up a paper and all you see is sec this and sec that and the rest of the nation on the back page with no pictures and small print of coarse you will think it's the best because it's all they know about.
    You seem really sensitive due to the fact of people taking pride in the SEC. So what, its sports. You are going to agree sometimes and disagree but it should all be fun, it's just a game. No need to get all hurt about it.

You seem really sensitive due to the fact of people taking pride in the SEC. So what, its sports. You are going to agree sometimes and disagree but it should all be fun, it's just a game. No need to get all hurt about it.
    Its not pride, its an elitist attitude turning a blind eye to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Its not pride, its an elitist attitude turning a blind eye to the truth.
    No...............................It's pride. I dont know why but I love all of the SEC. I'm sorry you dont like the PAC 10 or others dont like Big Ten or Big 12. I agree some SEC fans can be obnoxious but so can any fan of any sport of any team that has no bearing on the fact I enjoy all of the SEC, I root for all the SEC teams when LSU isnt playing them of course. I find it funny that people get so worked up about it, especially when I am not acting obnoxious and I clearly pointed out that other conferences could start giving the SEC a run anytime.

No...............................It's pride. I dont know why but I love all of the SEC. I'm sorry you dont like the PAC 10 or others dont like Big Ten or Big 12. I agree some SEC fans can be obnoxious but so can any fan of any sport of any team that has no bearing on the fact I enjoy all of the SEC, I root for all the SEC teams when LSU isnt playing them of course. I find it funny that people get so worked up about it, especially when I am not acting obnoxious and I clearly pointed out that other conferences could start giving the SEC a run anytime.
    You're right, there are obnoxious and ignorant fans everywhere. I just dont like the SEC. I respect them and they play great football, but they arent as high and mighty as they think. There is plenty of great football played all over the country and a lot of it is outside of the southeast.

You're right, there are obnoxious and ignorant fans everywhere. I just dont like the SEC. I respect them and they play great football, but they arent as high and mighty as they think. There is plenty of great football played all over the country and a lot of it is outside of the southeast.
    Agreed. Speaking of USC I cant wait to see what Sedrick Ellis brings to the Saints, I hope his impact is immediate.

Agreed. Speaking of USC I cant wait to see what Sedrick Ellis brings to the Saints, I hope his impact is immediate.
    If he and Dorsey can stay healthy, they should both have great careers. I played against him in high school, he's a beast.

Sorry man, aint gonna happen. USC is gonna roll over OSU this year. The Trojan defense is the best it's been since 2004...... Chris Wells, meet Rey Maualuga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXgLCbw5YU

Looking forward to it friend, should be a good game, long over-due.

I completely agree with you about the playoff system but that wont happen theres to much money in the bowl games for people to make. Its sad but its the truth. But no matter what system there is people will complain, I mean the BCS was put in place due to the fact of need for change and now 10 years later people hate it. I just love football, I am a LSU fan (atleast they are good) and a huge Saints fan (That's another subject). I just cant wait until September.
    Yup, never gonna happen and yeah im already pumped for any football, college or pro. Thats why I hate the draft and free-agency and even spring college games. Its just a big tease, we arent even close dam it!

i'm not sensitive about the subject and i'm damn sure aint hurt about it but i am tired of hearing about an entire conference that you fans have built up to something special when it's not. it's retarded rooting for your rival teams, does that make sense to any of you guys? another team winning a football game does absolutely nothing for your favorite team. florida winning a game does not make vanderbilt a better team or oregon winning a game does not make arizona a better team or wisconsin winning doesn't make illinois a better football team. does that make sense? pride? you're a saints fan right? do you have pride in the nfc south? do you do backflips when atlanta, carolina or tampa bay win? i doubt it. it has nothing to do with pride. living here and seeing it first hand it's easy to see that these fans are nothing but parrots. when a parrot hears the same thing over and over he will repeat it over and over regardless of what it is. you sec fans are the ones that get worked up by it and not us we're just trying to help you see you're just being ignorrant.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD View Post
    i'm not sensitive about the subject and i'm damn sure aint hurt about it but i am tired of hearing about an entire conference that you fans have built up to something special when it's not. it's retarded rooting for your rival teams, does that make sense to any of you guys? another team winning a football game does absolutely nothing for your favorite team. florida winning a game does not make vanderbilt a better team or oregon winning a game does not make arizona a better team or wisconsin winning doesn't make illinois a better football team. does that make sense? pride? you're a saints fan right? do you have pride in the nfc south? do you do backflips when atlanta, carolina or tampa bay win? i doubt it. it has nothing to do with pride. living here and seeing it first hand it's easy to see that these fans are nothing but parrots. when a parrot hears the same thing over and over he will repeat it over and over regardless of what it is. you sec fans are the ones that get worked up by it and not us we're just trying to help you see you're just being ignorrant.

On espn.com there are tons of debates up about the BCS system right now, and they just did a review of every conference and their bcs success. Here is some interesting info......

8. Pac-10 vs. SEC: Scoreboard, baby!: Speaking of Pac-10 and SEC intersections … those have gone badly for the SEC in other ways, such as on the field. Since the beginning of the BCS Era in 1998, the Pac-10 is 9-6 against the SEC and 5-2 in games played on the West Coast.

Not to mention that their "premier team", LSU, needed a miracle 4th and 10 hail mary to beat ASU and a last minute drive and 2 point conversion to force overtime with Oregon State. Pac 10 is inches away from being 11-4.

To Jayrod, Well this is obviously a very difficult subject for you to deal with. I'm sorry its so hard to accept that some people have pride in their conferences, there is nothing I can say to make you think me taking pride in the SEC is alright and there is nothing you can say that will change my outlook on the SEC. We'll agree to disagree. We both seem to be big fans of Football, I am sure we can both agree it needs to start soon.
    Last edited by CJN1717; 05-23-2008 at 01:54 PM.

you're definately right cjn, it can't start soon enough for me. thank goodness for spring ball because it's just enough to hold me over till fall practice. this is not a difficult subject for me to deal with but it is a stupid one i hear about nearly on a daily basis. the sec is a tough conference with good teams. great, who cares? there are several of them out there big10, pac10, big12 and acc to name a few. you don't hear them tooting their horns just because their team is in a particular conference every time that college football comes up in conversation. like jdawg stated above the pac10 has the edge on the "mighty sec" overall and so does the acc. the sec has a whopping 2 game edge over the big10 and big12. whoopie! it's not hard for me to accept at all i just don't want to hear it. so to all you sec fans that have to have 12 teams to determin your bragging rights, i'll just take 3, THE big 3 oklahoma, southern cal and ohio state. 12 against 3 and i still win. maybe ya'll should pick up some more teams.

Gators is offline Banned
    I think us Gators are going to be tough to beat this year, if the D comes around like they're saying they will. Tebow is a man among boys, and he's got even more weapons to work with. I TRY and pull for the other SEC teams, but i'm not usually very successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information