g0dsend is offline Member

Minnesota Vikings

Anyone think that they are going to the superbowl this year?

With Adrian Peterson, and the best Defense Lineman probabbly in NFL history. Whats everyones input?

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    what's their qb situation this season look like? they damn near made the playoffs last year and i think they will be in this season. on paper dallas is without question the team to beat in the nfc but when they have a healthy adrian peterson the vikings are looking aweful scary this season. adrian peterson is an absolute beast!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    no, it's still considered a building year.. in 2 maybe..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Zipper is offline Associate Member
    Never with our dumbass coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Tavarus Jackson is not a QB that is capable of taking them to the Super Bowl.

No way, their entire offense is Peterson and he can't stay healthy for 16 games. You could tell at the end of last season that teams figured out all you need to do is stack the box and you can stop him, look at his numbers the last 4 games of the season. Of course I'm a Bears fan so I will never say anything good about the vikings

Quote Originally Posted by scottythebody View Post
    No way, their entire offense is Peterson and he can't stay healthy for 16 games. You could tell at the end of last season that teams figured out all you need to do is stack the box and you can stop him, look at his numbers the last 4 games of the season. Of course I'm a Bears fan so I will never say anything good about the vikings
    Yah, but with there new pickups for 2008 and the maturing Jackson, I think that they would be able to figure out to open up the passing game when the D-fence stacks the box for peterson.

oh yah, if jackson dosnt make the grade, rookie BOOTY is up in line haha...

To be honest, I want jackson to fail so Booty can play.

Quote Originally Posted by g0dsend View Post
    oh yah, if jackson dosnt make the grade, rookie BOOTY is up in line haha...

To be honest, I want jackson to fail so Booty can play.
    Booty seems like too much of a game manager type of qb. The vikings need Jackson and Berrian to develop the type of deep game that Berrian had with Grossman in Chicago because Berrian will not get ANY yards after the catch unless it's a 50 yard bomb where he just runs past the secondary

Berrian is a beast, so glad the vikings picked him up to open up the passing game now to compliment peterson.

Berrian is a beast, so glad the vikings picked him up to open up the passing game now to compliment peterson.
    Yeah I'm gonna miss him in Chicago, he seemed to completely disapear from the offense though when Grossman wasn't the qb

As a bears fan, you know him the most. How well do you think he will do on the vikings? How much of an impact do you think he will make?

As a bears fan, you know him the most. How well do you think he will do on the vikings? How much of an impact do you think he will make?
    For him to do well in Minny you need a qb who likes to go deep. When Orton and Griese were playing last year Berrian didn't make any impact. I was actually pretty disapointed in him last year, it seemed like he gave up on a lot of routes and if the qb made a bad throw he would never do anything to break up an int plus he doesn't like to block. By going to Minnesota he should be even faster now that he plays 8 games a year on turf plus the Vikings have one of the best O-Lines and running attacks in the league so that is working in his favor. It all comes down to Tavarus Jackson really

awms is offline Senior Member
    Every one gets down on Tavaras Jackson but he has only started one full year....give him a little more time and If he doesint work out then stick in booty. Vikings have a good shot at winning this year as long as we stay injury free!

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    Tavarus Jackson is not a QB that is capable of taking them to the Super Bowl.
    done and done

defenses will just load the box and stop Peterson...eventually forcing eithier Jackson to throw and cause turnovers, or Peterson to get hurt... both are likely

Iam sure they know that the defenses are going to load the box. Thats what the offseason is for With some offensive additions Iam sure they will be more potent then last year at the passing game. After all, their not my favorite team so I dont know everything about them....

GO RAIDERS
    Last edited by g0dsend; 06-22-2008 at 01:45 AM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    He's a burner that excells at the deep routes.

papaaj is offline New Member
    They are going to make playoffs this year or the next. They must get better dbs though.

awms is offline Senior Member
    better dbs? we have solid dbs. people forget we went 8-8 last year and almost made the plays offs....now we add about 10 new players to our roster (5 of which are better then what we had last year) and you have an easy 10 games! If not more.

taylor26 is offline Member
    They have two quality backs and should rush it 50 times per game. I think they can definitely make the playoffs if they stay healthy.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Vikings offense is still being held hostage by their quarterbacks. Jackson isn't the answer. Sage is just a backup so I don't see the Vikes being a Super Bowl threat until they pickup someone like...Jay Cutler.
    Last edited by Papi93; 03-22-2009 at 02:38 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    true that
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Cutler for Peterson???

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Cutler for Peterson???
    Peterson is the face of the Vikings so I don't see that happening. Stranger things have happened though.

Thread Information