Thread: Go KINGS!

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member

Go KINGS!

I just want to start this thread now and I am gonna make sure it stays at the top. I am gonna officially go on record and say Sacto takes it all this year! Feel free to disagree...... But I will still think your crazy!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    If we were anywhere else but AR this would turn into a flame fest back and forth. Let me just say the the dynamic duo is gonna keep the title in L.A. where it belongs.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Lakers know how to win championships.

O.K so they have had a rough couple of games..... I knew going into this that it could mean changing my name on this board, I'm O.K. with that. Well there still winning games even with injuries. Ohhhh yeah, Christie kicked Fox's ASS!

RON
    Originally posted by Wimmpy
    Ohhhh yeah, Christie kicked Fox's ASS!
    HMMMMMM tell me wimmpy. How many title do they have in Sac Town??? AND Who is the defending champion? AND WHO in the NBA can stop SHAQ? I know no one in Sac can. Maybe you can come down to our victory parade this year. The have been pretty fun EVERY year.

BTW wimmpy its all in good fun bro. No offense..... Not everyone can have a Dynasty ball team in their town.

So yes if it were a sport of boxing maybe Christie might be a winner but its basketball so I guess he might just have to settle for 2nd in the west.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    I am a huge Sacramento fan (because of White Chocolate who is now in Memphis damn it) but LAL has too many weapons. The regular season says nothing about how tough that team is to beat. Reminds me of the Bulls dominance in the 90's. Sacramento is a talented team that will probably stretch the Lakers to seven but fail to win. The window to win an NBA championship does not stay open for long unless you have a dynasty, which the Lakers do. I hate the Lakers but they cannot be beat in a seven game series. Injuries will be the only thing to beat the Lakers.

Oc

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by tt333
    Lakers know how to win championships.
    They definitely know how to buy championships. The art of "winning" a championship is a thing of the past in the NBA.

RON
    what a hater

Hey man, I didn't say anything bad about that baseball team from that nasty city of yours. Its still possible to win a World Series with a small payroll.

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Sac has about the same if not more of a payroll than the Lakers, I forget.

Look at Dallas (Owner Billionaire Mark Cuban) or Portland (Owner Paul Allen, Microsoft) if you want to complain about salaries.

Lakers will take it all the way.

Sac does not have an answer for Shaq or Kobe. The Lakers do all the small things to win, while all Sac does is complain about officiating.

RON
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Hey man, I didn't say anything bad about that baseball team from that nasty city of yours. Its still possible to win a World Series with a small payroll.
    It is very hard to win a series with a small payroll since Steinbrenner is buying them every year. You should know this cause it has effected Canadians teams most of all. Its worse than any other sport. The Yankees throw money at all the great free agents and most owners think to beat them you have to spend like them. Thats what make the Angles win so huge. I totally respect that whole angles team. Ask the ducks (****Ron absolutely hates the lame Ducks***) about how Disney being cheap hurts your chance to compete.

BTW Excess hows the weather up there. My "nasty" city was freezing. Must have dropped bellow 80f. How do you guys use your heaters with out melting your igloos

RON
    This should prove that you cant buy a NBA Championship. This is last year and you can see the crappy teams up at the top. Also notic Sac just passed the lakers on the list but still lost.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Cool

Well said Big Ronnie,

To Be the Best you must Beat the Best. We have three titles in a row. How many do the Kings have ever? No flame wimpy, you got a good team. That was a hell of a series last year. Sac could do it this year but I don't think so. They got no big game players, although Bibby ain't bad, they can't stop Shaq, and their coach sucks compared to Phil Jackson.

What about bonus structures? I'm pretty sure Shaq and Kobe would have high bonuses, and those aren't included in most comparisons like that. Thats not to say the Lakers aren't the best all-round team, but I've never trusted the NBA when it comes to dollar figures.

RON: I don't know the temperature conversion to fahrenheit, but its getting cold here. I'd probably die of shock if I stepped from my weather into yours. My igloo is made of titanium alloy, so I don't worry too much about melting. The biggest concern is trying to keep the ice-fisherman off of my hockey rink.

RON
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    . The biggest concern is trying to keep the ice-fisherman off of my hockey rink.
    That would piss me off bro. I may be from LA but I play a lot of hockey. Too bad the ice always melts before we can finish the first period. Next time give those damn fishermen a hip check from me

FRANK, where the hell have you been bro? Are you back in town yet?

Wimmpy. Don't get me wrong bro I think the kings will do fine and if shaq gets hurt again who know's. However as long as the dominate one is healthy its gonna be really hard to beat the lakers.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RON
    [B]

FRANK, where the hell have you been bro? Are you back in town yet?

Big Ron,

Not yet brother. Things are still stalled out here. Although I'm speaking to an old friend of mine about sharing an apartment so I think the wheels are in motion. Hope all is well with you in life and lifting. I'm praying your team, Michigan, will beat Ohio State in a couple weeks. I think the only team which can beat Miami is Oklahoma, so I'm hoping they make it in somehow. Talk to you soon. Peace and Take Care.

PushButton is offline New Member
    What is b-ball? Doesnt really exist until AFTER football does it, lol?

O.K. it has been awhile. 11-4 with all the injuries..... Still want to say I think Clark has been a great addition. This weeks power rankings have them in 2nd overall (ESPN). I am gonna try to be the better person here and refrain from the Laker bashing (Ha Ha Ha Ha as tempting as it is)J/K. All I can say is I hope Shaq's toe is better by December.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the Lakers....but I'm also a big Clippers fan...have to stay true to the boys with the lowest payroll and the cheapest motherfu*ckin owner in the wrold..........

But rest a sure, the Lakers will make their typical late season run and then this time next year we will have FOUR FLAGS...shit the Staples Center is going to start looking like the United Nations building with all them flags hanging....

12-4 now. Lakers also lost tonight.... Shaq looked a little "off".

Sorry it has been awhile. 15-4, not to shabby! Got 4 games on Seattle already and 7 on LA! I am very happy with that. Won at Denver last night, tonight is home with Denver. Hopefully they will look a little better than last night. At what point are the Lakers gonna start clicking? There in last in the Pacific!

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Lakers clicked when it mattered last night.

Down 30 at the half, down 27 at the 4th. Came back and won in two points, vs. Dallas...

We'll see if this game turns around the team this early in the season.

That was a very impressive comeback! Especially against the Mavs! I will give them that. Well tonight is down to San Antonio!

All I want to say is NBA record tying 3 turnovers at San Antonio!

Thread Information