Thread: College Hoops

ClubberLangsUncle is offline Junior Member

College Hoops

Pitt the real deal this year ? They useually play a crap schedule, get fat on week teams, get to the big east title game, then loose in the second round of the final four. The depth and skill looks like they may finally be legit, sittin at 15-0 with 3 good wins. And ranked number 1

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Not sure there is a clear powerhouse this year really.
    UNC went down twice already, Duke plays good D but they still somewhat live and die by the three but not as bad as last year. Kansas lost all their starters and are starting three freshmen at times and look like dog crap at times. Memphis is playing better but I do not foresee them running away with it. Texas is good but only if Abrams is hitting on all cylinders. OU is descent to, I just dont know if they can win in March if Griffin is having a off night. Michigan State looks pretty good so far, but they dont really have much star power as say UNC does. I cant honestly say anything about Pitt, I have not seen them play much this year.

Long story short, I think its completely in the air right now unless UNC somehow Picks it up.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i really thought near the start of the season that nobody would have anything for carolina. i figured they might lose twice the entire season and then they drop the first two acc games and now i'm not sure they will be the team to beat come march. i agree that it's wide open as of right now. i'm a huge sooner fan and they are very solid and probably a top 10 team right now. if blake turns it on towards the end of the season like he did last year with willie warren continuing to improve and crocker playing up to his potential and solid team defense i don't think the final four is out of the question but they are not there yet. the thing that could derail their final four dreams is their lack of depth which wasn't suposed to be an issue but they have some newcomers and a transfer that haven't lived up to their hype. they looked solid against texas and i hope to see the same tomorrow against a&m.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    pitt does play bad teams, but undefeated is undefeated for now. i doubt they'll make much of a run in march madness though.

i'm a duke fan, so i gotta go with them to win the acc, i think they have a shot at beating unc twice this year (losing once) and making final four at least. although the last couple of years they've made an early exit from the tournament.

i would say unc is the most over hyped team there is. they haven't even lost to good teams and i think a ucla or uconn could beat them in the tourney, but unc probably will roll through most of the acc (minus duke of course)

Wake is pretty good, they showed how to beat NC, attack the rim and make
    Tyler Hansbrough do everything, I like them over Duke and NC. Loof for NC to go into the big dance with 5 looses.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    5 losses would not be a stretch but I still think that they should be the odds on favorite. Hansbrough is an amazing talent in college. Does anyone think he will go on to succeed in the NBA? I guess my succeed I mean be an All Star

Well Pitt turned out to be a fraud again, all D and no shooters. I like wake, but im bettin stinkin Duke will win again this year.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubberLangsUncle View Post
    Well Pitt turned out to be a fraud again, all D and no shooters. I like wake, but im bettin stinkin Duke will win again this year.
    ahh yes we can only hope! they played pretty badly against wake and managed to make it into a game. i can't say i'm surprised by pitt, and for all the hype the big east has gotten, i think the acc still holds it down as the best conference year in and year out

After watchin Uconn, im not sure, their bigs are good, they play great swarming D and they are decent from outside. They may be legit as number 1

Smart money always lies with North Carolina and UCLA. I think Uconn is tough and will go deep but I do not see them pulling this whole thing off

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i sure didn't foresee wake and duke getting their pants beat off like they did or by the teams that did it.

What happened to PAC 10 basketball?

Thread Information