Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best QB?

stpete is offline Banned

Best QB?

Who do you guys think the best QB of all time is? I'm not talking about Super Bowl wins or Pro Bowlers so to speak. Cause if that was the only pre requisite, wouldn't Joe Montana or Brett Farve automatically win?
    I'm going with Dan Marino. I know, no SB wins. That keeps him down, but what about the talent he was surrounded with? He accomplished big time #'s with little talent around him.
    What do you think?

AUb27 is offline Associate Member
    Brett Favre looks like a hobo.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    certainly dan marino has to be considered one of the very greats of all time. he most definately had one of the best arms i've ever seen and was very accurate. i started a (best qb's) thread and i had marino 3rd behind elway and montana.

stpete is offline Banned
    Yea, Elway was golden wasn't he!? Good guy too.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Late on the thread.

5 best qb's i've seen

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    Have to go with Montana first and Elway second.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    By the time its all said and done....Manning

Just for the record, that is Peyton not Eli or Archie for that matter.

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    50% off Favre Jet jerseys at all area Modells!!!!!

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Dan Orlovsky. Hands down. None better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMKkbKCCio

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    mike vick ftmfw

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Dan Orlovsky. Hands down. None better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMKkbKCCio
    haha! that pretty much summed up the loins entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    mike vick ftmfw
    micheal vick shouldn't even be considered a qb because he isn't one. some team will surely take a chance on the criminal when he gets out because he has been the most overhyped and overrated player in nfl history. i'm no falcons fan but i was glad to see them draft a real nfl qb and it's obvious that vick was the only thing holding them back.

Yeah Matt Ryan makes Vick look like even more of a joke. Vick is a turd for sure. I still stand by Manning and think he will lead the Colts to another Super Bowl this season.

What is going to happen with Brady? If he misses next year and Cassell keeps improving do you think he becomes expendable to the Pats?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD View Post
    micheal vick shouldn't even be considered a qb because he isn't one. some team will surely take a chance on the criminal when he gets out because he has been the most overhyped and overrated player in nfl history. i'm no falcons fan but i was glad to see them draft a real nfl qb and it's obvious that vick was the only thing holding them back.
    no, hes not much of a qb but it plays the spot well. the falcons never had much to work with back then either. i just like him as an athlete

i don't think brady will ever be expendable, he's amazing

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Who do you guys think the best QB of all time is? I'm not talking about Super Bowl wins or Pro Bowlers so to speak. Cause if that was the only pre requisite, wouldn't Joe Montana or Brett Farve automatically win?
    I'm going with Dan Marino. I know, no SB wins. That keeps him down, but what about the talent he was surrounded with? He accomplished big time #'s with little talent around him.
    What do you think?
    little talent???? duper and clayton ...2 HOF wide receivers...little talent... i dont think so....
    elway / montana ---never out of a game with either one of those guys....

Peyton Manning is so good he made Brandon Stokely look like Steve Largent.
    Here is a question for you guys...where does Kurt Warner rank? Obviously not top 10 but do you see him as ending up in the Hall? The rate at which he racks up yards is amazing. He has more 300 yard games per start than anyone ever, almost double.

Blog Entries
    RE : curt warner He is amazing imo ...a proven winner and prob one of the most underated ive ever seen. He belongs in the hall...but we'll see. As an aside what a story too...working in a food store to nfl ,suberbowl winning , mvp , quaterback !!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I will always pick Brett Favre. He is the toughest SOB in the league and yes he will trhow some interceptions but he will win you games too. If his recievers would have been on their routes early on the Jets would be in the Super Bowl.

kurt warner definitely is underrated. i think him getting into the hall of fame depends on how long he sticks around. if he can put up a couple more seasons like this one, then i think he should. but if he goes out early it would be more up in the air

Blog Entries
    what? not one mention of my boy Tom Brady.he already has comparable numbers to joe montanna and had he won the superbowl last year hed have just as many sb wins.plus hes a smart qb just like montanna.not to mention he is so young he has plenty of time to beat all qb records. that is of corse if he comes back from his knee injury.things have not gone too smooth for him. i think he is underated in my opinion.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i think tom brady will be known as the best by the time he retires but since he dosnt have as many years under his belt yet i dont consider him up there with the best which is by far dan marino if your going by stats. dan marino has much better stats then montanna and elways so i consider him the best even though he didnt have a good enough team around him to ever win a super bowl
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

reddohc is offline Associate Member
    kurt warner is up there.. and what about namath?

ClubberLangsUncle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    what? not one mention of my boy Tom Brady.he already has comparable numbers to joe montanna and had he won the superbowl last year hed have just as many sb wins.plus hes a smart qb just like montanna.not to mention he is so young he has plenty of time to beat all qb records. that is of corse if he comes back from his knee injury.things have not gone too smooth for him. i think he is underated in my opinion.
    Brady is a system qb, anyone they put in there and train looks good, plus he had the benefit of cheating all thoses years. On any other team, hes average. I hated Montana, be he didnt choke in the big games, like Elway, Brady and Farve in super bowls. Hes the best I saw.... next to Kordell Stewart anyways.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubberLangsUncle View Post
    Brady is a system qb, anyone they put in there and train looks good, plus he had the benefit of cheating all thoses years. On any other team, hes average. I hated Montana, be he didnt choke in the big games, like Elway, Brady and Farve in super bowls. Hes the best I saw.... next to Kordell Stewart anyways.
    obviously a biased fans opinion ...but hey thats ok we are all entitled to our bias ...but cmon now???? Either that or u were joking...

ClubberLangsUncle is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, the Kordell thing was a joke. But he did throw the best bounce pass of all time.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    man there is just so many great names....and there is no definitive on anyone..

what do you pick by......leadership? success in win/loss department? stats? superbowl rings? fortitude in tough times? the list goes on.....

too tough for me to call..

Quote Originally Posted by ClubberLangsUncle View Post
    kordell is coming back next year.. or at least hes gnna try. idk if any team will be interested in him

polly56 is offline Associate Member
    right now Peyton is hands down the Best QB in the NFL...

haha kordell? wasnt he on that show pros vs. joes and they made a mistake and put him as a pro! didnt he go to the cfl? and got cut... Embarrassing!

idk about the cfl.. but he is coming back(at least trying to) this preseason

maybe kordell can start for the lions. The worst they can do is as well as last season.

I have a hard time seeing Brady as a system quaterback. He is very smart and has an amazing arm. I seeing Peton as being better but Brady close behind.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Dan Marino....look what he had to work with all those years too. Montana had rice , one of the best receivers. If a QB can make it happen with mediocre players he's a talented and athletic player. Nuff said
    Peace Oz

Dmac #5

polly56 is offline Associate Member
    That's a good point because if you have a guy like rice on the field not only will he beable to get open and make plays but he'll also draw defenders in and help other recievers get open

The Marks were plenty good. Duper and Clayton. Marino was amazing but the supporting cast wasn't always as bad as people make it out to be.

bigreggie0752 is offline New Member
    I would say Elway and Marino because they had the least amount of hall of famers around them over the lenth of their careers

BigGrill is offline New Member
    Johnny Unitas by far. He played the best with no anabolic advancements up his sleeve.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGrill View Post
    Johnny Unitas by far. He played the best with no anabolic advancements up his sleeve.
    John Unitas was a true leader on the field and off! And someone mentioned Joe Namath. Joe helped change the game as we know it today with that win over heavily favored Baltimore SB III. Ya gotta remember that when the Jets played the Colts it would be like The Montreal Allouettes beating the Pittsburgh Steelers today! A Huge win.

But as for the original question I would have to go with these three:
    Staubach, Montana & Elway

MJ

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    1st Kurt Warner isn't underrated, he only excels with tremendous talent around him. Look at him in St. Louis, he had Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt at reciever and Marshall Faulk in the back field. This year, he has Fitzgerald and Bolden. Look what happended when he didn't have tremendous talent around him, he sucked and ended up getting benched.

2nd Brady is a system quarterback. Again, he is also surrounded by tremendous talent, not to mention the proof is in the pudding. When Cassel took over he's done well and this man hasn't started a game since high school. That Bellichek system is perfect for a standup, drop back quarterback.

3rd Talent-wise, Dan Marino was probably the most talented. Look at the numbers! Him not winning the big one is 100% his fault. He balked at drafting a top level running back every year he was in the league. He wanted to focus to be the passing game. Totally selfish guy.

4th For all you Vick haters, look at the numbers. The man is a winner, regardless of what your feeling about the man are. He's the only QB to run for 1000 and pass for 3000 in the same season. All this and only having a decent tight end to throw to. Never a go to reciever. That's talent for sure. Not to mention the man had a different offensive coordinator just about every year he was in the league. Anybody who knows football, it takes years to learn a offensive system completely. And since you all are bashing him for dog-fighting (which I don't agree with), but I guess he's a much worse person than a drug addict with multiple DUI's (Brett Favre).

5th Finally as much as I hate to admit it, the best QB of all time is John Elway. Was a consistent winner with limited talent around him until he got a top running back and then he won two super bowls. Awesome talent all around, great arm, mobile, fearless.

Here's a question, since someone brought up Kurt Warner, what about Donovan McNabb? 6 NFC Championship games in 8yrs. One Super Bowl appearance and has never been blessed with any offensive help, except for Brian Westbrook. With a top level reciever, he took his team to the super bowl. Not to mention the man is only 32yrs old. He's a winner with big numbers.

The QBs of old are hard to talk about in this era. The game was a lot different then. Johnny U, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts, Broadway Joe, even with tremendous talent, the ariel assaults that we see today weren't as prevalent.

But I have to agree with what someone above posted, when it's all said and done, Peyton Manning will be the tops. Lacks mobility, but I've never seen a quarterback with such a grasp for the game. Some call the man a football sauvant.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 01-23-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information