Kayslay is offline New Member

NFL Draft- your thoughts

Now that the draft is all done, what did you guys think of it. There were a ton of DL's. I think BUF didnt make a wise choice in Mcgahee. It will take him at least a year to come back and they already have Henry. They should have picked up a WR in place of Price (but there wasnt any outstanding ones left).

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    The bills should of gotten a receiver. Chris Simms is not a NFL QB but he's getting a shot because of his dad. The Ravens had a pretty good draft, they loaded up on defense. You would think that the Bengles would have a pretty good team by now after getting the number one draft pick almost every year. I dont think Palmer will do anything for them, and Kelly Washington is over rated.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm pissed

i wanted the raiders to take mcgahee, bastards!!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    McGahee was a straight up fucking stud RB before the injury, but that was about as nasty as it gets...
    I'd rather get hit in the nuts with a sledge hammer then have my knee move 90 degrees in the wrong direction
    He'll still be incrediable to watch even if he only makes it back to 90% of his old form...

And what the FUCK was San Diego thinking giving the Eagles their 15th pick for their 30th pick and a low 2nd round pick??? Must be some bomb ass dope in San diego and their whole war room must have hit the pipe hard right before the draft started...
    Last edited by Jack87; 04-30-2003 at 07:36 PM.

Yeah baltimore picked QB Kyle Boller, he supposedly had a sick workout. I wouldnt be suprised if he wins the starting job over Chris Redmon. And it would have been smarter if McGahee went to the black and sliver, or even arizona so he could learn from older backs and start in a couple of years.

chinups Guest
    Save this thread cause with the right coaching Simms will be real good. The guy in Texas is not a good QB coach. GO BIG BLUE!!!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Simms won't start. Don't expect to see him on the field unless injury occurs.

I'm happy with my teams picks(Cowboys) even though they won't be contenders for a few. Parcells will trurn that team around. 2006-Bowl bound.
    They'll still whip the Bills this year, and redemtion on the Texans will come in Pre

chinups Guest
    Thats a good thing. If he can hang around for 3-5 yrs and get experience and osme PT he will be ok...They always run Qb's into the ground by rushing them..

I just realized that this was the shittiest draft for RB's none of them will start, the only one that has a chance is the one the texans drafted.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Even though i'm not a big Penn State fan Larry Johnson is a stud RB and has a chance to start for KC this year... Preist Holmes is still injuried from last year too...

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    Over all i think the jets did the best look for them next year they r a force.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Not much offensive punch in this years draft but the trend in recent years has been riding a solid defense to the super bowl. McGahee is a bust/boom pickup for the Bills. He will have time to develop with Henry and the recently aquired Orlandis Gary hauling most of the playing time. As far as Cincy goes the best draft picks typically come in the middle rounds not in the first round. The Bengals need to start with defense and obviously they have made some commitment to strengthen that side of the ball. Palmer will be an impact player if given time to develop. What is most disappointing is the Bronoc's draft. Fully expecting to shore up a suspect secondary they instead go after an injury prone offensive tackle, a slow 1st/2nd down middle linebacker and another running back in Quentin Griffin. Granted, we made some strides on the defensive line but the secondary killed us all last year and we drafted zero players for the defensive backfield.

My personal opinion is that Baltimore scored big on draft day and once again should be a defensive juggernaut. Swapping the 2004 first round pick to get Boller is a gamble but if it pays off this team will be very competitive in 2003.

Thread Information