mikel5000 is offline New Member

Compartment Syndrome Concerns

Hello,
    I'm new to the site, looking for some information. I have been working out for many years now, but am very new to anabolic steroids .

A friend gave me 3 weeks of Winnie @ 150mg per week to try and then I started my first cycle of Deca injecting 200mg per week. I am 7 weeks into the cycle and have noticed good results in size, strength, ect...

My problem is that I work in a profession when I have no choice but to run on an almost daily basis, or at least 3 times per week. This has not agreed with me to put it lightly.

I have been experiencing extreme muscle tightness in my front lower leg that feels similar to shin splints, but never subsides. Instead, it gets increasingly worse to a point where I completely lose all toe-lift. Now the good news for now is that if I stop running, the pain/tightness does go away.

After doing some searching around and looking on the site, I have come across some information about Compartment Syndrome and it's link to anabolic steroid use , namely Deca or Winnie...

I guess my question is, there anything I can do about this.....I mean honestly I love what Deca is doing for me but it just doesn't seem like it's going to work. Is there any other substance that someone would recommend switching to for an athlete? Are there products out there designed to enhance performance for runners, athletes, ect... and minimize these symptoms. I'm not a body builder, and my profession is more performance based.

To this point, I have used RICE, stretching, trigger point massage therapy, and heat....nothing works. So besides the therapy, is there another product I could use??

From what I've read about, Compartment Syndrome is nothing to mess with.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. Let me know if I need to ask a better question! Thanks!

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    5 years after having compartment syndrome, I'm still in pain with permanent nerve damage. Hope that helps as an example....

Builder15 is offline Junior Member
    Certainly sounds like you have exercise induced compartment syndrome. To find out for sure you can always go to a sports med doc that does compartment syndrome testing. They measure the pressure in each compartment prior to exercise and then will have you run and measure the pressures after to see where you are at. If you in fact have compartment syndrome there is no good conservative treatment. Stretching and strengthening may improve your symptoms, but the only sure way to fix it is with a fasciotomy. Best of luck.

mikel5000 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the information.

Is this a problem with all anabolic steroids or just certain types? I know Deca is giving me extreme water retention.

Also, would a fasciotomy relieve the problem for good, or only prevent/alleviate acute compartment syndrome? I know this might be a silly question but if continued to exercise I imagine the same problem would eventually come back, right?

I'm wondering if I should switch to something less intense, or even smaller doses....something more for performance-based needs, not necessarily bodybuilding.

I'm thinking about HGH or Testosterone instead.

Builder15 is offline Junior Member
    I don't have the knowledge to speak as far as what steroids can cause compartment syndrome. In fact, I am not sure that it did. I think you probably already had an issue and this just exacerbated it and made it a problem. This is speculation though, but I have never heard of it before.

A fasciotomy should cure the problem for good as they disrupt the fascia and it will not reform and thus reduce the overall pressure. Hope this helps.

infernal0988 is offline New Member
    Why would you ever run Deca without a testosterone base? Stack it with some Test Enth or cyp

Thread Information