HelloImJohnnyCash is offline New Member

ACNE Read this!!

I really did not know where to post this. I decided to post it here because this forum gets a lot of traffic. If there is a section where this belongs please move it.

To give you all some background on myself... I ran a superdrol cycle for 3 weeks and ran 4 weeks of nolva for PCT. I finished up PCT January 21st. Strength and muscle gains while on cycle were great; however, I got my biggest surge through PCT up till now. I've gained more strength and mass post cycle than I did while on cycle. That being said, my testosterone levels are probably through the roof, and my body is now experiencing an estrogen rebound. Due to the hormonal imbalance in my body, my acne has gone nuts! I've been seeing a dermatologist for about a month and a half now... we have tried retin-A creams, antibiotics, etc. That crap simply does not work, but most derms will have you try all possible routes before prescribing Accutane. Anyway, after my acne remained relatively unresponsive to treatment, my derm decided to put me on Accutane a few days ago. After doing research on Acne.org, I have decided that Accutane is a drug I simply don't want to mess with at this point of my life. Summer is coming up, and side effects can be extremely harsh.

After reading around on Acne.org, I was surprised to see that tons of people have had success with something called a benzoyl peroxide regimen. So I decided what the heck.... I hit up CVS and bought some benzoyl peroxide gel, along with Cera Ve non comedogenic moisturizer, and followed the instructions on the website. So far I have used 3 applications, and the results have been better than of the stuff my derm prescribed!! Based on the before and after pictures people have posted on the website, complete acne clarity seems possible!! I plan on continuing this regimen, and for anyone who cares, I'll keep you posted on progress.

Heres a few links to check out...

http://www.acne.org/regimen-before-after.html

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

The first link contains before and after shots of people who follow the "regimen" The second link contains information on how to follow the "regimen". Basically all you need is a light cleanser, benzoyl peroxide gel, and a noncomedogenic moisurizer.

I wrote this up quickly, so if I'll check back later to see if I missed anything. Hope this helps any of you with acne issues.
    Thanks!

christiansteele is offline New Member
    I have been on the Clean and Clear persa gel 10 for proably 8 years now for face and back with 10%benzoyl peroxide in it and it works wonders. Also oxy makes a body wash that has 8% BP in it i also use that shit has saved my ass i know what you mean.

HelloImJohnnyCash is offline New Member
    I'm still following the acne.org regimen and my face has cleared. I'm planning my next cycle now. I'll let you know if the stuff keeps working. From what I have read I gather that you cannot develop resistance to benzoyl peroxide. The reason for this is that it simply oxygenates the skin. Acne bacteria cannot live in an oxygenated environment, therefore BP works great.

Thread Information