J431S is offline Banned

is there any barber here?

if so, what's your advise to those who like to keep a clean shaved face using a razor but are prone to razor bumbs?

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not a barber, but if you're getting bumps real bad there's a number of things you can try.

Shave after you get out of the shower, rinse with cold water.

Try a shaving cream for sensitive skin.

Use an electric razor.

J431S is offline Banned
    i prefer razor shave over electric shave and dilapitory cream. there is nothing better than having a close-shave smooth feeling with razor than anything else. It seems that when i shave myself I get more bumps than if a barber does it. hence my quest for the expertise. do u dig?

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah i've had the prob before, that's why I say try the cold water thing after. If you wash in the shower then get out and shave, then rinse with cold water, it is supposed to close your shit up and prevent the bumps ect. Little tip that got me over my hump, Good luck on your quest brah

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Sanitize your blade in alcohol before/after you use it. Better yet, use a shiny new blade each time.
    Use a liberal amount of aftershave after you shave, and make sure it has about 65% alcohol. Or, just splash on some rubbing alcohol (read the label, make sure it's got at least 65% alcohol). Or use some other sort of skin disinfectant.
    For shaving cream, skip the stuff that comes in an aerosol can, and use something more substantial. Or learn to use a brush and a quality shaving soap.
    And learn what to do about "barber's itch:" a common skin fungus --
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000823.htm
    Sometimes just keeping things clean and getting some sun will help. Sometimes, a bit of vinegar will do the trick. Other times, you just gotta bite the bullet and amputate your entire face.

Sometimes you can fix things just by using a sharp blade, and/or shaving in the dirction of the hair growth and not against it. Proper beard preparation helps, too . . .

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    Yeah i've had the prob before, that's why I say try the cold water thing after. If you wash in the shower then get out and shave, then rinse with cold water, it is supposed to close your shit up and prevent the bumps ect. Little tip that got me over my hump, Good luck on your quest brah
    thanks brah...i think u sound a little superstious but advise well considered LOL
    check u on board someother time.

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Sanitize your blade in alcohol before/after you use it. Better yet, use a shiny new blade each time.
    Use a liberal amount of aftershave after you shave, and make sure it has about 65% alcohol. Or, just splash on some rubbing alcohol (read the label, make sure it's got at least 65% alcohol). Or use some other sort of skin disinfectant.
    For shaving cream, skip the stuff that comes in an aerosol can, and use something more substantial. Or learn to use a brush and a quality shaving soap.
    And learn what to do about "barber's itch:" a common skin fungus --
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000823.htm
    Sometimes just keeping things clean and getting some sun will help. Sometimes, a bit of vinegar will do the trick. Other times, you just gotta bite the bullet and amputate your entire face.

Sometimes you can fix things just by using a sharp blade, and/or shaving in the dirction of the hair growth and not against it. Proper beard preparation helps, too . . .
    thanks dude for the wealth of information.
    one berber told me the same thing u just articulate. he said never shave against the direction of the hair growth. And always maintain a clean blade. I think I will keeps these thoughts in mind. thanks dude.

Thread Information