cache49 is offline Associate Member

Accutaine users: overdose sides??

Hey all. Just curious for those of you who are running or have run accutaine if any of you have ever experienced speratic and extreme dizzyness and loss or co-ordination, aches and pains etc. Im just over two months into my first course of treatment for nodular acne on my back...this drug was a last resort as ive tried everything with no success. I recently upped the dosage from 40mg ed to 60 mg ed as advised by my physician. I am experiencing random bouts of extreme dizzyness and light sensitivity and so on. I have read that these may be signs of Isotrentin(Accutaine) overdose. Some people's liver wont process the drug well and then a toxic build-up may occur. Has anyone here had any similar sides, aside from the usual and common dryness of lips, nose eyes etc?? Thanx...
    PS Had a blood panell done today, awaiting results...

I have never used it but have read up on it and theres tons of sides associated dizziness
    being one of them.

Banelord is offline Associate Member
    wow your just up the dose ah? Did not even get a doctor to give it to you ah. WOW that something else, all I know is when I was 24 I still had zips and that was the last chance treatment, it was brutal. I think something is going to happen to you soon, best of luck!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banelord View Post
    wow your just up the dose ah? Did not even get a doctor to give it to you ah. WOW that something else, all I know is when I was 24 I still had zips and that was the last chance treatment, it was brutal. I think something is going to happen to you soon, best of luck!!!!!!
    If you read my post i stated that my physician upped the dose, i would never do that on my own. Can you explain what you mean exactly by your last sentance there, im unclear, what do you think is going to happen to me exactly????

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why did the doctor want you to up the dose? I took accutane about 7 years ago and for me was a godsend. Because I was using every cream and antibiotic out there for over 2 years before me and my mom got fed up with this crack pot dermatologist giving us BS meds that were wasting our money and not doing crap. I was at 40mg/ED for 6 months and that was perfect. Only sides I remember were very dry skin and very dry lips, had to apply chapstick every hour. Both my sisters have taken accutane as well and got the same sides except one of my sisters got depression from it. I mean this stuff is not something to mess with and would not up the dose for any reason other than if its not working at all.

^^^Agreed, i had been running it at 40mg ed for just over two months and nothing, actually got worse. From there he recomended 60mg ed AND isotrentin spot cream that my GF applies every night before bed. I feel with the cream and the upped dose that it may be too much...i just listened to him. As said before, i would assume that sort of thing myself. He said that 40mg ed was a low dose and i should have seen some improvement by now??

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cache49 View Post
    ^^^Agreed, i had been running it at 40mg ed for just over two months and nothing, actually got worse. From there he recomended 60mg ed AND isotrentin spot cream that my GF applies every night before bed. I feel with the cream and the upped dose that it may be too much...i just listened to him. As said before, i would assume that sort of thing myself. He said that 40mg ed was a low dose and i should have seen some improvement by now??
    For some people it does get worse before it gets better. I would say if its drying out your skin like crazy, its working. I wouldn't have upped the dose until after the 3rd month.

Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    For some people it does get worse before it gets better. I would say if its drying out your skin like crazy, its working. I wouldn't have upped the dose until after the 3rd month.
    Ya, i have the dry lips, nose and eyes etc. My back, as of the last week or so has started to look better...pimples are almost round and flat now. Ans my back is getting dry and itchy...if he(my Doc) says its ok im gonna try and down the dose and run it longer if needed, these dizzy spells and so on are no good. I really dont feel well and it will hinder me from doing my job as they last from 15min to several hours. Thanx for the input...cheers

Banelord is offline Associate Member
    oh sorry my bad, I made a mistake I'm sorry, ya man that good that you are going to a doctor, this stuff is very serious shit, I have no idea why people would take this without the doctor knowing, u have to do all kinds of stuff like blood work. Hey just like u know it is the the best at killing the worst case of acen FOREVER. Guy I had zips from 14 to 24, what the **** was that? I never had a clear face for more then 3 day. But once I did this it never came back, even when I'm on juice!!!! It going to get worst before it get better that how it works.

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    i did two 4 month rounds when i was 16 and 17. it got worse before it got better both times. I was extremley sensitive to light for like 2 years after i got off. and i still use chap stick to this day.lol. but it works thats for sure

Thread Information