H8 Thy Pane is offline New Member

Propecia: AI to use Indefinitely (12 + Weeks)?

Guy's I do not use AAS but I do workout a lot. I've been on Propecia (Finesteride) for just coming onto 4 months. I got symptoms of Gyno in the first week so I went back to my doctor and I asked him to prescribe me Aromasin (from the research I did, this was the best). He agreed.

It worked very well in the first couple of weeks but lately as I have not been dosing Aromasin every single day, I use to take about 12mgs every 4 days then gradually cut down.

Today, I noticed my left nipple LACACTING!!!!! Clear watery stuff for the first time in my life when I squeezed it.

I come here to ask you what is the best AI to use for many years together with Finesteride (Propecia).

What AI would you all recommend for someone wanting to balance out his Estrogen levels and use the AI for very long term...

Please help, any advice much appreciated!

P.S Please don't recommend quitting Propecia as it's giving me amazing results and I really want to do everything I can to maintain my hair. Thanks
    Last edited by H8 Thy Pane; 12-21-2008 at 02:03 AM.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    about the ai someone else would have to chime in but what dose are you taking? the 5mg or 1mg? if 5 maybe you could split tab and take 2.5 a day or take 5 eod or if taking 5 drop to 1mg.

Well currently since I noticed my nipples were lacating when squeezed hard I've upped the dosage of Aromasin to 12mg ED (I will do this for a couple of days then taper down). Aromasin comes in 25mg Tabs and is a Type 1 Steroidial (sp).

From my knowledge Arimidex is a type 2 would using a Type 1 or Type 2 AI be better for long term use and why do you think this would be?

Just to clarify, I am not trying to eliminate ALL my estrogen just cut it down to normal levels where I wont be getting Gyno symptoms...

Thanks guys

sorry for the miscommunication, i was speaking in reference to your propecia dose, i suppose what i was trying to suggest was instead of taking an ai maybe you could change the dose and/or dosing schedule,btw,never heard of these symptoms with propecia you must fit in a small group.

Oh I see

Yeah it sucks this is the ONLY side effect I am experiencing and already 4 months into the Propecia I am seeing amazing results.

I raelly don't want to give up without a fight, I might try Amiridex at like .5mg E2D for 12 weeks and have a hormone test...

Thoughts?

P.S: I am on 0.5mg Propecia ED

the reason i said to try a different dose or dosing schedule such as eod is that maybe that would still give you the benefit but at the same time would let your dht rise just enough to solve your problem. let me get this straight your already taking a half dose ed?
    If so i would try eod first before taking another med but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    the reason i said to try a different dose or dosing schedule such as eod is that maybe that would still give you the benefit but at the same time would let your dht rise just enough to solve your problem. let me get this straight your already taking a half dose ed?
    If so i would try eod first before taking another med but thats just me.
    Will do that mate.

I'll drop the dosing down E2D @ .50mg Propecia.

Should I continue taking Aromasin at 6mg EOD also?

to be honest i really dont know about the ai maybe someone will see this and chime in but maybe the change to eod will help just might take a couple of weeks.man just weird that you having that problem while only taking a half dose.

but if you keep taking the ai i would keep it the same low dose eod

sizerp is offline Banned
    Have you considered Letro?

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Have you considered Letro?
    Looked into the tablets had no idea it was available in Liquid form or am I getting it confused with something else?

You think I could use this indefintely? How is it generally applied and how long can one bottle last?

Also, Will it affect Prolactin levels and stop this clear liquid from coming out of my nipps when squeezed hard?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H8 Thy Pane View Post
    Looked into the tablets had no idea it was available in Liquid form or am I getting it confused with something else?

You think I could use this indefintely? How is it generally applied and how long can one bottle last?

Also, Will it affect Prolactin levels and stop this clear liquid from coming out of my nipps when squeezed hard?
    It has been known to reverse gyno symptoms, it's an AI. Here's the information you need.

Anabolic Review Profile: Femera (Letrozole)

Hope this helps.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    letro is best used if gyno has already become established... you mentioned that you are lactating, but do you also have lumps behind your nipples? If it's prolactin issues that you want to combat, you may also want to look into cabergoline

I can feel MOSTLY fat around my nipple but there is sort of a floating segmnet of hardish tissue around the nipples.

I've always had some gyno due to having Gyno through puberty so some was left over I guess this is why im so sensitive.

ALSO Fellas, I am pretty damn close with my doctor and but since Letro isn't used for what I plan to use it for can anyone point me to any studies that I can print out and take with me when I see him to convince (if i have to) that it will work.

Thanks again.

RoidBoid is offline Member
    right, the reason for this is you are lowering ur dht levels ..... when test is in the body it splits into estrogen and dht, u are blocking the dht and that is leaving the estrogen levels high..... u need something like arimidex .... .25mg per day .....

PLus if i wasent using aas i wouldnt be using the fina , ur suppressing natural levels from the body.....

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I would get bloodwork done to identify the problem. You probably have high estrogen together with high prolactin because you have signs of gyno and your nipples are lactating. Get blood work done and if this is the case aromasin , letro or arimidex will fix the estrogen issue but you will need to control your prolactin also and for this bromocriptine or cabergoline would be the answer. Talk to your doc about this.

Thread Information