Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Melanotan II Guide

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by durds93 View Post
    Hi this might be a stupid question but does melanotan cause skin cancers? I know it darkens moles and freckles but can it cause them to turn into skin cancers just like too much exposure to the sun can?
    Certainly not a stupid question - a topic triggered by a number of channels
    Melanotan (the peptide) has little to do with creating cancers
    ...tanning skin has a risk profile unique to the individual

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    I like MT2, cuz I don't have to tan nearly as much. Once a week for 8 minutes has been working for me. I won't use this summer here in CA, but its nice for the winter.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Would shaking a bottle of MT2 after bac water has been added lose its potency ?

ElectraMaddox is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    No I shake it a little bit before each injection because the particles clung on the bottom if you see me I'm darkkkk and I use such a low dosage once a week... So yeah not at all your gtg

Blog Entries
    Clump*

Blog Entries
    Are you thinking that because of the hgh thread... They are two entirely different compounds

Yes thanks Electra Maddox( totally cool name by the way). I'm using both compounds at the moment, different times of the day, the GH comes premixed (?).

It's just that after 1 bottle of MT2 I thought I would be more tanned than I am, and I have been on sunbed. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Yes thanks Electra Maddox( totally cool name by the way). I'm using both compounds at the moment, different times of the day, the GH comes premixed (?).

It's just that after 1 bottle of MT2 I thought I would be more tanned than I am, and I have been on sunbed. ;-)
    How Often at what dosage did you take it And what what was you're tanning schedule like...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectraMaddox

How Often at what dosage did you take it And what what was you're tanning schedule like...
    I did every night at 0.1ml ( I added 1ml bac water to 1000mcg). Sunbed Tuesday and Thursday. Melanotan magic said for a 100kg person I should be doing double that, so I might jump to that this week and tan mon wed fri. I'm an ok colour but just want to go a bit darker

adamameeriar is offline New Member
    .lk[
    Last edited by adamameeriar; 04-04-2013 at 09:08 PM.

I have a question, maybe it already got answered.. sorry if it did would appreciat a answer, does Melanotan 2 cause New freckles or mole to appear on the face, I dont have any neither does any one in my family (the freckles and moles)

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Certainly not a stupid question - a topic triggered by a number of channels
    Melanotan (the peptide) has little to do with creating cancers
    ...tanning skin has a risk profile unique to the individual
    I have a question, maybe it already got answered.. sorry if it did would appreciat a answer, does Melanotan 2 cause New freckles or mole to appear on the face, I dont have any neither does any one in my family (the freckles and moles)

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adamameeriar

It will bring out ones you did not know you had, by making them darker. I did not like it, no one else seemed to notice but I did. Obviously as your tan leaves they get lighter again.

omg wow.. well thanks for answering forget that shit im not taking that, ill stick too fake tanning, it doesnt bring any of that up lol

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    956Vette - you mentioned the following in post #19 "Cover your eyes and face. Fair skinned MT-2 users particularly. As limited UV exposure is essential for a natural looking tan, experiment with your body first. Try and avoid exposing your face until your 2nd or 3rd Melanotan cycle."

Could you explain what a cycle is?

cool_kurtis is offline New Member
    good post, thank you.

cool_kurtis is offline New Member
    thanks for exhaustive post regarding this issue

eightythree is offline Junior Member
    What do you guys do for maintenance in terms of dosing/frequency?

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I'm doing 1000 mcg every 3.5 days along with my test c but I think that is too much and will cut down to 500x2 or 1000 once a week. Everyone says how jealous they are of my tan and want to know how long I sit out in the sun for. I tell them I get most of it from biking ~ one hour a day and maybe one hour at the pool Saturday and Sunday. They don't believe me but it's the truth. lol. First time I see my doc he asks "what's up with the tan? Ever hear of sunscreen?" lol. He told me to stop spending all day in the sun. lol.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Okay, math not being my strong point...

I got one bottle of 10MG Melanotan II
    I added 5ML of bacteriostatic water, which filled the vial. I did this because I have 3ML syringes and am too cheap to go buy the itty-bitty insulin syringes just to try this. I also don't mind more fluid, it's still a tiny amount overall.
    So, if I want a 0.5mg/500mcg dose, how much of the reconstituted fluid I've made do I draw into the syringe?

I tried the calculator at the beginning, and I get some REALLY weird numbers. I know I'm over-thinking this...

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69
    Okay, math not being my strong point...

I got one bottle of 10MG Melanotan II
    I added 5ML of bacteriostatic water, which filled the vial. I did this because I have 3ML syringes and am too cheap to go buy the itty-bitty insulin syringes just to try this. I also don't mind more fluid, it's still a tiny amount overall.
    So, if I want a 0.5mg/500mcg dose, how much of the reconstituted fluid I've made do I draw into the syringe?

I tried the calculator at the beginning, and I get some REALLY weird numbers. I know I'm over-thinking this...
    10mg / 0.5 = 20

5ml / 20 = 0.25 ml

0.25ml

I feel like such a moron. Thanks! LOL

Failure is offline Associate Member
    Anyone get brown spots at the injection site? I have a bunch.

Beast_03 is offline Junior Member
    Only thing I don't like about melanotan is the nausea and suppressed appetite.
    Other than that, it's wonderful!

equalme is offline New Member
    Guys I ****ed up.

I'm have type 3 skin. I started loading MT2 at 1mg everyday and was going to continue for a total of 10 days at that dose. Around the 5th day I decided to hit up the tanning bed (ergoline 550) and exposed my face (although I did lower the power halfway) for a total of 9 minutes. The tan didn't set in until about a day later and holy shit my face got dark; also left a greyish tinge to my face and a bit of purple on the lips that looks so unnatural. I felt so embarrassed to be seen in public. I stopped MT2 immediately and started applying hydroquinone cream onto my face. I have freckles and a birthmark on my face that I never even knew I had.

i've read that the grey tint is from too much melanotan that are not being oxidized. Is that correct? Will the hydroquinone be effective in any way? Since I've stopped injecting, how long should I expect the tan, grey tint, and freckles/birthmark to start fading away?

Thanks!

Ooops! The good news is that I don't think it's permanent. I just stopped taking it about a month ago, and right now I'm about back to normal. Still tan, but not noticeably. Personal experience was that I really didn't need to "load" it. I think I did it EOD for the first week - (but less than you did!) and then once a week. It seemed to me that it plateaus, and that plateau amount may be different for everyone. I did notice a major darkening of freckles/birthmarks too, but that was also temporary.

equalme is offline New Member
    Thanks! I will probably give it another try once I get my face back to normal. But will definitely just do 0.25mg every week...hope that's low enough to not effect the freckles much.

SoulDust is offline New Member
    I read a guide online (can't post the link here because not enough posts) which says that when reconstituted with bacteriostatic water, MT2 can be stored at room temperature for up to two months. Is this correct? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDust
    I read a guide online (can't post the link here because not enough posts) which says that when reconstituted with bacteriostatic water, MT2 can be stored at room temperature for up to two months. Is this correct? Thanks.
    I don't think so, don't risk it.

Duo
    Duo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDust View Post
    Nope, you need to keep it refrigerated..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDust View Post
    Ill-advised, but correct (it's fine for a traveling user to not stress about cold storage - it's sad when a user doesn't have the resources or freedom to access a fridge to follow best practices). MT2 is fine for a couple months outside a fridge when reconstituted in bacteriostatic water.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Ill-advised, but correct (it's fine for a traveling user to not stress about cold storage - it's sad when a user doesn't have the resources or freedom to access a fridge to follow best practices). MT2 is fine for a couple months outside a fridge when reconstituted in bacteriostatic water.
    How long for reconstituted with bacteriostatic water in the refrig? Years???

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Reconstitute MT2
    Storage: Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Store at 2-8oC for one month. Aliquot and store at -80oC for 12 months.
    Stability Test: The thermal stability is described by the loss rate of the target protein. The loss rate was determined by accelerated thermal degradation test, that is, incubate the protein at 37oC for 48h, and no obvious degradation and precipitation were observed. (Referring from China Biological Products Standard, which was calculated by the Arrhenius equation.) The loss of this protein is less than 5% within the expiration date under appropriate storage condition.

Blog Entries
    Yes ma'am. I've used MT2 which has been mixed for a year+ on a couple of occasions (before finally pitching the vials...never encountering any issue).

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I have also used "last years"mt2 stored in a fridge and it worked. Finished up a vial before using a new one.

Thanks fellas. I have some from a year ago floating around in the bottom of s freeze drawer

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks fellas. I have some from a year ago floating around in the bottom of s freeze drawer
    Been looking into this and am gonna give it go... Will it actually get you dark like reg outdoor tanning(or is it better to do both, but carefully)?? No experience... & looking for some safer alternatives to just getting baked

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Been looking into this and am gonna give it go... Will it actually get you dark like reg outdoor tanning(or is it better to do both, but carefully)?? No experience... & looking for some safer alternatives to just getting baked
    You need to do both or at least a tanning bed but be careful, you can get pretty dark quickly. A little bit of sun or tanning bed will go a long way.

Ive still got a bunch floating around in my refrigerator also. Ive only used it a few times before vacation last Nov and once or twice since. One thing for sure I had the same side effects every time and I'm not talking about the tan.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    You need to do both or at least a tanning bed but be careful, you can get pretty dark quickly. A little bit of sun or tanning bed will go a long way. Ive still got a bunch floating around in my refrigerator also. Ive only used it a few times before vacation last Nov and once or twice since. One thing for sure I had the same side effects every time and I'm not talking about the tan.
    This side did not happen for me :/

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You need to do both or at least a tanning bed but be careful, you can get pretty dark quickly. A little bit of sun or tanning bed will go a long way.

Ive still got a bunch floating around in my refrigerator also. Ive only used it a few times before vacation last Nov and once or twice since. One thing for sure I had the same side effects every time and I'm not talking about the tan.
    Lol... Thx for the heads up . It would be a nice addition

Agree w/tanning as well(at least to getta base so you don't burn) if i burn it's usually only once then the rest is all g2g(dark)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information