dooie is offline Senior Member

Excessive sweating

Hey guys, I've had excessive sweating under my arms ever since high school, tried every OTC and some prescription anti-perspirant can anyone offer some assistance?

I've been looking into Botox, this may be the only option but it's quite expensive!
    Any help appreciated

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Well i sweat all over like I'm standing in a shower .. doesn't help being in Oz with 100% humiity...
    I don't have a office job so pretty much shit happins...
    Just smother my self in smelly shit and have a couple of showers a day... its generic on my side because my old man sweats like all fuk and stinks and i guess so do i .. mmm man smell ..lol

Spears88 is offline New Member
    Man I have the same thing really pisses me off.i can take a shower dry off and get ready then 15 mins go by and I'm sweating under my arms. it's so bad I always wear dark color shirts witch sucks in the summer. If anyone knows a way to stop this I'd like to know as well.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Well ive herd that u can have your glands fuked with but cant see why you would bother realy... put cuple of tampons under your arms..lol
    wont make any difrents to me i sweat all over always.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I think I found a solution. I’ll try it again tonight, and if it works again, I’ll start a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spears88
    Man I have the same thing really pisses me off.i can take a shower dry off and get ready then 15 mins go by and I'm sweating under my arms. it's so bad I always wear dark color shirts witch sucks in the summer. If anyone knows a way to stop this I'd like to know as well.
    It's called hyperhidrosis, I have the same thing, it's not just sweating everywhere, normally it's the hands feet and underarms. I heard in America insurance can cover most of the cost for Botox! And it lasts for 6 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    I think I found a solution. I'll try it again tonight, and if it works again, I'll start a thread
    Are you trolling TR??

Quote Originally Posted by dooie View Post
    Are you trolling TR??
    Nope. nothing to buy. you have everything at your home you already need. but i want to try it one more time to make sure it works before I go spouting off.

and who knows? it may only work for me. I experiment all the time.... somethings bound to work eventually =)

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

Nope. nothing to buy. you have everything at your home you already need. but i want to try it one more time to make sure it works before I go spouting off.

and who knows? it may only work for me. I experiment all the time.... somethings bound to work eventually =)
    Haha can't wait!!

Gym_ is offline Banned
    LOL... that sounds realy bad Roman ... Sir Humphrey Davy or Madame Marie Curie ring any bells mate ..

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    get drysol. It works really well. If that doesnt work then botox
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

It's called hyperhidrosis, I have the same thing, it's not just sweating everywhere, normally it's the hands feet and underarms. I heard in America insurance can cover most of the cost for Botox! And it lasts for 6 months!
    Thanks Ill talk to a doctor if TR idea doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Gym_ View Post
    Well ive herd that u can have your glands fuked with but cant see why you would bother realy... put cuple of tampons under your arms..lol
    wont make any difrents to me i sweat all over always.
    Tampons are to small for me lmao guess I could try strawberry Maxie pads lol

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Can you get Mitchum roll on where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Can you get Mitchum roll on where you are?
    Weird you say that! My mates dad has it, never seen it before until yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Spears88

Thanks Ill talk to a doctor if TR idea doesn't work
    They will give you a prescription AP some of them are pretty hectic on your pores! Last one I had, clogged my pores and I could barely lift my arms

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    get drysol. It works really well. If that doesnt work then botox
    Gixxer is that OTC or prescription?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i think its prescription. You may be able to find it online some place
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Weird you say that! My mates dad has it, never seen it before until yesterday!
    Then I suggest (if you haven't already) that you shave your pits and buy some. Takes a little time to dry but works a treat for me.

Tr did your idea work???

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spears88 View Post
    Tampons are to small for me lmao guess I could try strawberry Maxie pads lol
    Yeah i know the feeling... you see ppl wearing thous plastic sweat suits... omg i would drown if i wore one of thous..
    I'm just siting here and i got sweat running down my back and into my ass crack.. LOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gym_ View Post
    Yeah i know the feeling... you see ppl wearing thous plastic sweat suits... omg i would drown if i wore one of thous..
    I'm just siting here and i got sweat running down my back and into my ass crack.. LOL !!!
    Lol it sucks brother I have to buy new clothes all the time

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dooie

Gixxer is that OTC or prescription?
    In Canada you can buy it at any pharmacy OTC for around 18-20$

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    I too always sweat under my arms and it has never been an issue. If you had an issue with sweating between your @ss cheeks, then I'd worry, but this doesn't seem like an issue. I sweat like a HOG when I'm on cycle so I can see that being an issue:P My shirts all have sweaty pit stains

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Heimler
    I too always sweat under my arms and it has never been an issue. If you had an issue with sweating between your @ss cheeks, then I'd worry, but this doesn't seem like an issue. I sweat like a HOG when I'm on cycle so I can see that being an issue:P My shirts all have sweaty pit stains
    If its not an issue, I don't think you know what me and spears are talking about! I can't wear light clothing because I'll get massive sweat patches under my arms, and it's everyday all day! I'll have a shower and put a shirt on to go out, I'll need to put toilet paper under my arms so I don't get patches on my shirts!

Sweaty pits are gross bro! I fvcking hate it, and it looks disgusting anywhere other than the gym!

ok. when i read the thread, (need to get new Rx for my glasses!) I was thinking night sweats, and made a thread about it. you are just talking about being nasty and sweating all the time.

Macon_Bacon is offline Associate Member
    Just from experience, but when you stop the sweating in one area (i.e. armpits) the moisture MUST come out somewhere else. This leads to either really sweaty palms, feet, or head. So any type of treatment, whether it is rx anti-persperant(sp?) or botox, you will sweat somewhere else.

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Drysol is the answer. I've been on it for my pits for 10+ years and literally, not one drop of sweat out of my pits. I recall putting it on 3-4 times a week at night for the first 3 weeks and after that 1 or 2 times a week indefinitely. Shyt is a miracle drug and inexpensive. no worries about what shirts you wear anymore, quite liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Then I suggest (if you haven't already) that you shave your pits and buy some. Takes a little time to dry but works a treat for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09
    Drysol is the answer. I've been on it for my pits for 10+ years and literally, not one drop of sweat out of my pits. I recall putting it on 3-4 times a week at night for the first 3 weeks and after that 1 or 2 times a week indefinitely. Shyt is a miracle drug and inexpensive. no worries about what shirts you wear anymore, quite liberating.
    spartan you have convinced me, do you shave your armpits? Just read stems post and I really don't want to, it looks weird haha..

Spartans09 is offline Member
    No pit shaving on my part.

Hardcorerider34 is offline Junior Member
    I have the same issue and was really bad when I was in highschool. After I lost some weight it wasnt as bad but sometimes ill still have to use the expensive deodorant.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    While naturally it varies person to person so many may see no help from this but for some changes in the amount of body fat and cardiovascular conditioning as well as changes in diet can make a huge difference.

Food for thought.

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macon_Bacon View Post
    Just from experience, but when you stop the sweating in one area (i.e. armpits) the moisture MUST come out somewhere else. This leads to either really sweaty palms, feet, or head. So any type of treatment, whether it is rx anti-persperant(sp?) or botox, you will sweat somewhere else.
    Very true. I shaved my arm pits once and applied anti-perspirant and a hour later with the pores blocked, my head looked like Niagara falls from all the sweat being re-directed.

Ersh is offline New Member
    Bump

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Do you shave your body? I find that helps.

Thread Information