Thread: Grows thicker?

MrMayhem is offline Associate Member

Grows thicker?

Is the whole "If you shave something, itll grow back thicker" thing true?

I read somewhere that if you dont cut/shave the root, it wont grow back thicker..... true? or bull?

Opinions? Facts? Anything?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    It depends, I think everyone is different. Like my arm pit hair grows back a lot slower after using Fleet on it for over a year now. I am talking lie 6 weeks. Chest and stomache hair is definately thicker but I credit the test for that. Still grows back about the same even after using fleet. The manscape area has been growing back slower though with shaving. Hope that helps.

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've been shaving for 15 years and I know my hair has gotten thicker. Is this because of shaving or aging? Had I not shaved would the hair have grown in anyway and just as thick? Who knows man, if you don't like it then shave it. It becomes routine after a few years!!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Everything I read says that is a myth.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Everything I read says that is a myth.
    100% agree

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    my electrolysis tells me that tweezing or other hair removal that pulls the hair root out will stimulate the surrounding area to speed up the hair growth cycles of the surrounding hairs resulting in darker/thinker hairs and more double or triple hair growth from each follicle...but shaving won’t change anything other than leave the hair cut with a flat surface that makes it feel stiffer and course...

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    my electrolysis tells me that tweezing or other hair removal that pulls the hair root out will stimulate the surrounding area to speed up the hair growth cycles of the surrounding hairs resulting in darker/thinker hairs and more double or triple hair growth from each follicle...but shaving won’t change anything other than leave the hair cut with a flat surface that makes it feel stiffer and course...
    so if that were true.....

....why don't we see men with thinning hair or receding hair lines plucking out their hair? =)

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    so if that were true.....

....why don't we see men with thinning hair or receding hair lines plucking out their hair? =)
    lol rite?

but i think thinning hair areas are diff cuz of male pattern baldness herditary and hormones and stuff lol idk just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    lol rite?

but i think thinning hair areas are diff cuz of male pattern baldness herditary and hormones and stuff lol idk just a guess
    I don't know. just a question. but i don't see how hair on top of the head could be any different than hair on the side of the head (face)????

your guess is as good as mine, but it would def sux if I started growing pubbies on my legs and under my arms lol

Electrolysis?

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman;609***8
    100% agree
    If there is a myth, you know Roman is debunking it

MrMayhem is offline Associate Member
    All this is great guys and gals. Thx

Thread Information