nkyle90 is offline Associate Member

Allergy Injections

Figured this would would be the best place to post, correct me if I'm wrong

So I have moderate allergies which really affect my energy levels and I also have allergy induced asthma

Took 4 years of allergy injections starting when I was 13

Completely got rid of my asthma!!!

Now that I have been off for 4 years my symptoms have come back; itchy eyes, runny nose, loss of breath occasionally

So I decided to go back in for them. I have Kaiser now and they have a whole different process for dosing, I can go in every 2-14 days

Crossing my fingers and hoping to become allergy resistant once again

Anyone else have any experience from allergy injections?

Vettester is offline Banned
    I did them in my early 20's (currently 45yo). I tested allergic to pork, corn, cottonwood trees & pretty much all types of grass.

I took the shots for a few years and they did also help with my allergies. The only problem I really have with the corn or pork is that sometimes I will get reaction bumps on my tongue after eating, but nothing ever too serious.

Anyways, my biggest problem when I was younger was more of the hay fever stuff. The shots helped improved that, and strangely enough it has improved tremendously as I've got older. When I was a kid, my eyes would practically swell shut from the pollen. I had to be taken to an emergency room as a teen when I went camping and was sleeping under a cottonwood. At 45yo, I get an occasional runny nose from allergies, but improvement wise, I'd say 80% better if not a little more.

Good luck with it. I didn't realize that Kaiser had this program.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Alright! So it is worth it.

Thanks!

And I didn't know Kaiser offered it either until I decided to go to one of their allergists. It isn't offered in every kaiser. I either have to drive to Stockton or Modesto in central Cali

Thread Information