TYHO127 is offline Junior Member

Question Laser Tattoo removal

I'm starting to believe that my muscle definition is one of the best forms of body art there is. I have a couple tatts, but I have a half sleeve on my bicep that I might want to have removed. I'm not sure what is involved with the procedure, cost, and more important if the tattoo gets fully removed and if there is any scaring? If anyone has any experience/knowledge about this let me know.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TYHO127
    I'm starting to believe that my muscle definition is one of the best forms of body art there is. I have a couple tatts, but I have a half sleeve on my bicep that I might want to have removed. I'm not sure what is involved with the procedure, cost, and more important if the tattoo gets fully removed and if there is any scaring? If anyone has any experience/knowledge about this let me know.
    Degree of scaring varies with each person as well as skin tone. Some people will show more scaring from laser procedures than others. It is pretty costly from what I've heard anecdotally and more painful than the tattoo procedure. Some colors are much harder and require more treatments than others.

I have two sleeves a few back and leg pieces. As much as it would be a disadvantage in judging for body building (and sometimes physique), I personally would never remove my ink. When I decided to get inked, it was a permanent decision for me. I realize everyone has their own preferences to ink or not be inked but ink is for life for me.

That's how I feel I have a few but there is just one I'm thinking about getting rid of mostly because I'm not completely satisfyed with it. I watched some urine videos of the procedure and damn! Its gotta hurt!

That's how I feel I have a few but there is just one I'm thinking about getting rid of mostly because I'm not completely satisfyed with it. I watched some urine videos of the procedure and damn! Its gotta hurt!
    I meant YOUTUBE.. HAHA

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes.....essentially the laser is burning the ink out of the epidermis so it takes longer and apparently is very uncomfortable.

Good luck if you go that route. I'd sooner do cover ups and/or touch ups!!! Lol

Yeah I might consider that just checking my options. Thanks man

100% is offline Associate Member
    I had one removed from my forearm about 7x5 inches. Took over 20 sessions black grey minor color highlights. If done correctly the only scaring will be from the original tattoo it will become visible once removed. If you get it done get a flat rate don't let them charge you per session. It hurts a lot worst then getting it done and cant be exposed to the sun.

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    I had 3 tattoos removed by laser. Two were standard ink and one was very colorful (tiger in jungle scene (which covered up pot leaf (lol))). This was 10 yrs ago that I had these removed btw. It cost over $8,000. Which thankfully my Grandparents sprung for. The standard ink one's took ~10 sessions and I believe I did ~14 for the big colorful one. This was 10 yrs ago so I am not 100% on the sessions. BTW I was charged per session and per tattoo.
    The black and white or standard color tats were 100% removed. There was a white scar outline which was visible for maybe a year max. After a year I could see white dots (barely visible by the naked eye) in some spots where the tattoos were. In other words after a year you could not see where the tats were or even if I pointed the spot out you wouldn't know.
    Keep in mind these sessions were 1-3 months apart depending on how it healed. So the entire process took a couple years. They would slowly fade away each time. Now the color tattoo didn't get fully removed. The dark greens and orange were still visible, although very faint and faded. I gave up on the sessions as they didn't seem to be making a difference on that one. I later had it covered up with a bad ass skeleton on a crotch rocket.
    Also keep in mind this was the most painful experience I have ever endured. Think about it.. They are literally burning your skin with a laser. Getting a tattoo is a massage compared to this. The nurse use to tell me many people would quit after 1 or 2 sessions because they couldn't handle the pain. So only do this if you have a high pain threshold. Location is a big deal just like when you get it. I had tattoo all around my nipple, on my sternum, bottom of the neck and out toward outside of chest by armpit. Very sensitive areas. The one on my bicep was no where near as bad as the one on the chest. I still remember trying to find my happy place while they operated.
    Ok. The fun doesn't stop when the session is over. It is a bloody mess. So they use heavy bacatracin and bandage it up. You can't get it wet or in the sun for at least a week. It is swollen, sensitive, and bloody. You will have to change it at least once a day. After a week the old skin will peel and you will see the results slowly over the next or second week as it slowly peels away.
    I hope this helps you. Honestly if I could do it over I don't think I would do it. I had it fully paid for and had top of the line treatment. It was an absolute nightmare. You schedule this thing way in advance so you have months to dread the day you have to go in. Kind of like the opposite of having a vacation planned in the future. I have had a few friends consider and after they heard from me they decided no way. haha. Not my intentions. Just letting you know my experience and I am sure everyone's is a little different. Just make sure it is what you want to do.

100% is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Live for the PUMP View Post
    I had 3 tattoos removed by laser. Two were standard ink and one was very colorful (tiger in jungle scene (which covered up pot leaf (lol))). This was 10 yrs ago that I had these removed btw. It cost over $8,000. Which thankfully my Grandparents sprung for. The standard ink one's took ~10 sessions and I believe I did ~14 for the big colorful one. This was 10 yrs ago so I am not 100% on the sessions. BTW I was charged per session and per tattoo.
    The black and white or standard color tats were 100% removed. There was a white scar outline which was visible for maybe a year max. After a year I could see white dots (barely visible by the naked eye) in some spots where the tattoos were. In other words after a year you could not see where the tats were or even if I pointed the spot out you wouldn't know.
    Keep in mind these sessions were 1-3 months apart depending on how it healed. So the entire process took a couple years. They would slowly fade away each time. Now the color tattoo didn't get fully removed. The dark greens and orange were still visible, although very faint and faded. I gave up on the sessions as they didn't seem to be making a difference on that one. I later had it covered up with a bad ass skeleton on a crotch rocket.
    Also keep in mind this was the most painful experience I have ever endured. Think about it.. They are literally burning your skin with a laser. Getting a tattoo is a massage compared to this. The nurse use to tell me many people would quit after 1 or 2 sessions because they couldn't handle the pain. So only do this if you have a high pain threshold. Location is a big deal just like when you get it. I had tattoo all around my nipple, on my sternum, bottom of the neck and out toward outside of chest by armpit. Very sensitive areas. The one on my bicep was no where near as bad as the one on the chest. I still remember trying to find my happy place while they operated.
    Ok. The fun doesn't stop when the session is over. It is a bloody mess. So they use heavy bacatracin and bandage it up. You can't get it wet or in the sun for at least a week. It is swollen, sensitive, and bloody. You will have to change it at least once a day. After a week the old skin will peel and you will see the results slowly over the next or second week as it slowly peels away.
    I hope this helps you. Honestly if I could do it over I don't think I would do it. I had it fully paid for and had top of the line treatment. It was an absolute nightmare. You schedule this thing way in advance so you have months to dread the day you have to go in. Kind of like the opposite of having a vacation planned in the future. I have had a few friends consider and after they heard from me they decided no way. haha. Not my intentions. Just letting you know my experience and I am sure everyone's is a little different. Just make sure it is what you want to do.
    Forgot to mention the smell of burnt skin and hair good times!

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Forgot to mention the smell of burnt skin and hair good times!
    Right! There should almost be a club for those that make it through. Furck.

Thread Information