Thread: Soreness!

Aziz is offline Associate Member

Soreness!

Sup brahs it's me Aziz again
    And I don't think if my post belongs in this section but inform me if I should
    Move. Anyways I recently just changed up my workout routine and I'm following
    Dorian Yates routine and I'm very very sore my muscle chest,biceps,forarms,triceps
    All really sore and hurt a lot. Anyone know how to ease the pain and get rid of the
    Soreness? Thanks in advance.
    Yours truly
    -Aziz

Soar is offline Productive Member
    If it hurts its working. Let yourself heal and do it again, the pain will slowly become less and less

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar
    If it hurts its working. Let yourself heal and do it again, the pain will slowly become less and less
    I feel this is half true. Don't wait to heal... Continue each workout as scheduled and work thru any remaining pains once you have returned to a workout day including the sore muscle.

Example: chest hurts tuesday from Monday workout, if still sore following Monday, go again.

Sometimes I get most DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) 2 days after I hit a group hard. I won't baby it, I still do whatever it is I need to do.

On a side note, I heard eating a banana immediately after lifting, you'll never get soreness. Someone told me it's because potassium fights lactic acid... Smells fishy but maybe someone can clarify. Also stretching after a good lift may help

Good luck

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post

I feel this is half true. Don't wait to heal... Continue each workout as scheduled and work thru any remaining pains once you have returned to a workout day including the sore muscle.

Example: chest hurts tuesday from Monday workout, if still sore following Monday, go again.

Sometimes I get most DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) 2 days after I hit a group hard. I won't baby it, I still do whatever it is I need to do.

On a side note, I heard eating a banana immediately after lifting, you'll never get soreness. Someone told me it's because potassium fights lactic acid... Smells fishy but maybe someone can clarify. Also stretching after a good lift may help

Good luck
    You know what I mean lol just don't over train

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with both the above. The soarness is a good thing, means you ripped the muscles. rip n repair is how they grow. Dont overtrain by stressing the same muscle twice in the same week. Set up a workout schedule that allows you to hit your whole body over the course of a week, by having a specific day for a specific muscle group so that your not hitting chest on monday and then again wednsday, thats no good. But if the whole week has passed since "say" you hit chest, and it is still sore, then id push through it and work it out anyway. Some guys who are really into hitting the gym 5-6 days wk and have been for a long time find that after a while it is hard to get themselves sore again. Thats when we gotta start figuring out different excersises for out muscle groups in order to get that soarness again. As far as easing the pain, i dont really think theres anything you can about that, just grin n bear it, suck it up, it means you had a good workout

Aziz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes201 View Post
    I agree with both the above. The soarness is a good thing, means you ripped the muscles. rip n repair is how they grow. Dont overtrain by stressing the same muscle twice in the same week. Set up a workout schedule that allows you to hit your whole body over the course of a week, by having a specific day for a specific muscle group so that your not hitting chest on monday and then again wednsday, thats no good. But if the whole week has passed since "say" you hit chest, and it is still sore, then id push through it and work it out anyway. Some guys who are really into hitting the gym 5-6 days wk and have been for a long time find that after a while it is hard to get themselves sore again. Thats when we gotta start figuring out different excersises for out muscle groups in order to get that soarness again. As far as easing the pain, i dont really think theres anything you can about that, just grin n bear it, suck it up, it means you had a good workout
    Yeah thanks Wes hey bro can I post my workout routine here?

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Yeah thanks Wes hey bro can I post my workout routine here?
    Sure you can. Not here in the spa though. We have a forum for that. It's labeled body "lifting tecniques and workout questions"
    post it up and maybe some of the pros can offer some better suggestions for whatever goals you are trying achieve...Good luck

http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...KOUT-QUESTIONS

Thread Information