BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member

Body Fat question any tips?

Hey Bros,

Why is abdominal fat such a pain in the arse to get rid of.
    I have been going to a nutritionist a month from now and my results have been minimal.
    I have been doing cardio and Crossfit and my weight and BF does not shift down?
    It seems that my body wants to resist dropping weight.
    My whole body looks lean except my belly.
    Stomach fat has been reduced a bit but not how the nutritionist wants.
    Any tips?

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    A month is not long enough to see amazing results. Weight loss/ fast loss is a marathon, not a sprint. I think 1lb a week is the norm, you should have lost about 4 lbs. 2 months from now will be 12, which is quite noticeable

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl
    A month is not long enough to see amazing results. Weight loss/ fast loss is a marathon, not a sprint. I think 1lb a week is the norm, you should have lost about 4 lbs. 2 months from now will be 12, which is quite noticeable
    Completely true in what u are saying!! I agree!
    Except that In almost a month and a half I dropped from 198 to 195.6
    Is that considered ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Slower is better in weight loss. From what I've heard the slower you lose, the more likely you'll keep it off

greenwell001 is offline Member
    You have a nutritionist so your diet should be on point I suppose. Put a lot more green veggies like kale, cucumber, broccoli, and spinach in your diet. It will shift your body's Ph levels slightly to a more alkaline state which is best for getting rid of fat. As a compliment to that, high alkalinity aids recovery of almost all tissue and suppresses cortisol. High cortisol levels are a contributor to the body storing fat as well. So it's a win win, unless you hate veggies.
    Also you said your doing crossfit, and cardio. What kind of cardio? Crossfit, if your doin it right is glorified hiit cardio anyway, so if your doing that and high intensity cardio than your not burning much fat, your burning through your glycogen stores straight to muscle bro. If your gonna do crossfit, make your cardio low intensity like a 60 min brisk walk on the mill or swim 750 meters.
    Last edited by greenwell001; 03-28-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001
    You have a nutritionist so your diet should be on point I suppose. Put a lot more green veggies like kale, cucumber, broccoli, and spinach in your diet. It will shift your body's Ph levels slightly to a more alkaline state which is best for getting rid of fat. As a compliment to that, high alkalinity aids recovery of almost all tissue and suppresses cortisol. High cortisol levels are a contributor to the body storing fat as well. So it's a win win, unless you hate veggies. Also you said your doing crossfit, and cardio. What kind of cardio? Crossfit, if your doin it right is glorified hiit cardio anyway, so if your doing that and high intensity cardio than your not burning much fat, your burning through your glycogen stores straight to muscle bro. If your gonna do crossfit, make your cardio low intensity like a 60 min brisk walk on the mill or swim 750 meters.
    Hey Green!
    Thanks for chiming in with your input!
    I will add some more veggies ! I dont mind vegetables at all!
    In regards to cortisol, you hit the spot on that matter!
    What can I take to lower cortisol?
    I am supplementing with DhEA.
    What else could I use against cortisol?
    In regards to eating away muscle , I dont worry much because im a on TRT...

What is the best advice on cardio in regards to keeping a steady heart rate?
    126-130?
    Is walking up a hill that keeps a bpm at 134 ok??

Blog Entries
    Body fat is typically lost in the reverse order it was put on.
    Generally midsection is the last to go.

Focus should be on bf% loss, not weight.

How do you reduce bf?
    -Reduce caloric intake by 3-500/day.
    -Increase lean muscle tissue.

Focus your diet to 1g/lb protein and cut the 3-500cal from carbs and fat section.

I would limit low intensity cardio to no more than 20-30min per session.
    Low intensity cardio burns limited calories which can easily be reduced by food intake, only reason for this type of "workout" IMO is for health reasons.

Best to focus on HIIT cardio and weight training. Both will burn more calories long term and build the much desired lean muscle mass.

I would highly recommend you watch these videos my BB legend Milos Sarcev.

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...-how-diet.html

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Body fat is typically lost in the reverse order it was put on.
    Generally midsection is the last to go.

Focus should be on bf% loss, not weight.

How do you reduce bf?
    -Reduce caloric intake by 3-500/day.
    -Increase lean muscle tissue.

Focus your diet to 1g/lb protein and cut the 3-500cal from carbs and fat section.

I would limit low intensity cardio to no more than 20-30min per session.
    Low intensity cardio burns limited calories which can easily be reduced by food intake, only reason for this type of "workout" IMO is for health reasons.

Best to focus on HIIT cardio and weight training. Both will burn more calories long term and build the much desired lean muscle mass.

I would highly recommend you watch these videos my BB legend Milos Sarcev.

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...-how-diet.html
    I didn't watch the video, but you said eat at deficit and add lean muscle, emphasis on adding lean muscle. That is very and I repeat very hard to do unless you are messing around with exogenous insulin , which for me risk vs reward is not worth it when you have other options like doing an I.F. diet, cycling carbs, and the like. An I.F. will increase insulin SENSITIVITY, making the spike after eating more efficient in putting you in a elevated anabolic state. This allows you to slowly put on muscle without eatiing at a surplus. Plus he is on gear so even better. What your telling him to do is a cut regimen after a bulk, which will cause a little muscle loss if you doin without peptides or clen .
    Last edited by greenwell001; 03-28-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Pumping,

Are you trying to maintain LBm you have plus make somewhat slower gains all year around while getting to 10 or below Bf? Is this something you want to maintain or are you just wanting to get shredded for summer and start the viscious bulk/cut cycle again next year. If you want to maintain this composition, eating at a deficit is not plausible and I think you know that. You are taking exogenous test so the LBm will come a little faster for you vs placebo for an I.F. I am a fighter and i cycle I.f.'s to stay at 205 give or take 5-8 lbs staying around 9-12 range Bf. I don't make huge gains like when people that eat way above maintenance do but my gains are steady and I'm not getting up to 20Bf only to cut back down and lose some of my LBm gains. An i.f. is not the only option, but I have a shit ton of experience with this and i know personally it works. As far as the cortisol goes the alkalinity you will add with the green veggies will help some, as well as keeping insulin non existent during the fast of an I.F. I'm not quoting any studies, just personal experience. Hope you get what your looking for

Blog Entries
    Greenwell: Im not sure I understand your point.

The question was how to reduce the belly fat in the mid section. Idk if he is on gear or not, cut or bulk, etc.

It makes no difference, if you want to reduce bodyfat those are the ways:
    1. Reduce caloric intake or 2. Gain more lean muscle mass, period.

Additionally you can do both if your protein intake is high and you cut calories from fats and carbs.

A reduction of 3-500cal/day is not even noticeable, that like one small meal, and will allow you to lose 1lb/ week of fat.

I dont bulk/cut, I see no point in it. I stay lean year round and put on steady muscle.

If you are already at a desired body fat % eating 3-500cal above your maintenance should be enough to add steady lean muscle.

I don't take gear so I can only add ~5lbs lean muscle per year due to my age and training exp.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76 View Post
    I have been going to a nutritionist a month from now and my results have been minimal.
    Watch the videos and if the "nutritionist" advice does not correlate, I would seriously doubt their advice.

Here in the US anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist"

Dieticians are the ones with the degree.

That's just additional FYI.

I didn't watch the video, but you said eat at deficit and add lean muscle, emphasis on adding lean muscle. That is very and I repeat very hard to do unless you are messing around with exogenous insulin, which for me risk vs reward is not worth it when you have other options like doing an I.F. diet, cycling carbs, and the like. An I.F. will increase insulin SENSITIVITY, making the spike after eating more efficient in putting you in a elevated anabolic state. This allows you to slowly put on muscle without eatiing at a surplus. Plus he is on gear so even better. What your telling him to do is a cut regimen after a bulk, which will cause a little muscle loss if you doin without peptides or clen.
    Interesting!

Could you explain what I.F does?
    My midsection belly fat is the toughest. Maybe insulin resustant.
    The other day I went to a doc to get checked. first thing they did was check me for sugar.
    It was at 95 after about 1 1/2 after eating. The assistant said I should have been at 145 give or take.
    Doc on the other hand said it was normal to be at 95.
    Still, it raised my atention.
    Now that you mention I.F , I am very interested.

Let me know bro

Sent from my iPad using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Greenwell: Im not sure I understand your point.

The question was how to reduce the belly fat in the mid section. Idk if he is on gear or not, cut or bulk, etc.

It makes no difference, if you want to reduce bodyfat those are the ways:
    1. Reduce caloric intake or 2. Gain more lean muscle mass, period.

Additionally you can do both if your protein intake is high and you cut calories from fats and carbs.

A reduction of 3-500cal/day is not even noticeable, that like one small meal, and will allow you to lose 1lb/ week of fat.

I dont bulk/cut, I see no point in it. I stay lean year round and put on steady muscle.

If you are already at a desired body fat % eating 3-500cal above your maintenance should be enough to add steady lean muscle.

I don't take gear so I can only add ~5lbs lean muscle per year due to my age and training exp.
    I misunderstood what you said, I thought you were telling him to eat at a deficit and gain LBm at the same time. I didn't see you were making two separate suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76
    Interesting! Could you explain what I.F does? My midsection belly fat is the toughest. Maybe insulin resustant. The other day I went to a doc to get checked. first thing they did was check me for sugar. It was at 95 after about 1 1/2 after eating. The assistant said I should have been at 145 give or take. Doc on the other hand said it was normal to be at 95. Still, it raised my atention. Now that you mention I.F , I am very interested. Let me know bro Sent from my iPad using Forum
    Bump?

Does cortisol play a factor in Belly fat?
    If so, what can be used as a supplement

Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76 View Post
    Interesting!

Could you explain what I.F does?
    My midsection belly fat is the toughest. Maybe insulin resustant.
    The other day I went to a doc to get checked. first thing they did was check me for sugar.
    It was at 95 after about 1 1/2 after eating. The assistant said I should have been at 145 give or take.
    Doc on the other hand said it was normal to be at 95.
    Still, it raised my atention.
    Now that you mention I.F , I am very interested.

Let me know bro

Sent from my iPad using Forum
    I cant really tell you where your insulin should be at after 1 1/2 hr after eating, but like I said the lower the number the better. That means it is doing its job well. That's what I mean by upping your insulin sensitivity, it puts you in a higher anabolic state, then gets out so gh can spike.
    When I say I.F., that is intermittent fasting. There are numerous ways to go bout this, and numerous people either love it or hate it and some will say its bullshit. I think the ones that hate it are very Carb sensitive people, or have zero will power to see something through. For me its not a diet, its more of a change in thinking how you fuel your body. That's all food is, fuel. I will go more in depth with this later for you and anyone else that wants to read a really long post about the metabolism and how it works with your endocrine system, but for now I have a movie date with my 5 year old little girl. Later bro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001 View Post
    I will go more in depth with this later for you and anyone else that wants to read a really long post about the metabolism and how it works with your endocrine system
    I would be interested in reading this. Perhaps posting it in a new thread.

-Cheers

I cant really tell you where your insulin should be at after 1 1/2 hr after eating, but like I said the lower the number the better. That means it is doing its job well. That's what I mean by upping your insulin sensitivity, it puts you in a higher anabolic state, then gets out so gh can spike. When I say I.F., that is intermittent fasting. There are numerous ways to go bout this, and numerous people either love it or hate it and some will say its bullshit. I think the ones that hate it are very Carb sensitive people, or have zero will power to see something through. For me its not a diet, its more of a change in thinking how you fuel your body. That's all food is, fuel. I will go more in depth with this later for you and anyone else that wants to read a really long post about the metabolism and how it works with your endocrine system, but for now I have a movie date with my 5 year old little girl. Later bro
    Wow!! Nice
    It would be nice if you could pm me that Info Bro!!
    Enjoy the movies with your daughter

I am getting lean in all areas of my body.
    Is it also possible that abdominal fat is the last to go?

I cant really tell you where your insulin should be at after 1 1/2 hr after eating, but like I said the lower the number the better. That means it is doing its job well. That's what I mean by upping your insulin sensitivity, it puts you in a higher anabolic state, then gets out so gh can spike. When I say I.F., that is intermittent fasting. There are numerous ways to go bout this, and numerous people either love it or hate it and some will say its bullshit. I think the ones that hate it are very Carb sensitive people, or have zero will power to see something through. For me its not a diet, its more of a change in thinking how you fuel your body. That's all food is, fuel. I will go more in depth with this later for you and anyone else that wants to read a really long post about the metabolism and how it works with your endocrine system, but for now I have a movie date with my 5 year old little girl. Later bro
    It would be nice if you could send that read in regards to metabolism you had mentioned.

kcwebguy is offline Junior Member
    Abdominal fat is always the last to go for me. Although at this time i have a ways to go everywhere. I'm waiting for my TRT to settle in and give me some real energy.

Thread Information