davesah1 is offline Member

Ingrown Hairs (Thick Hair and Shitty Skin)

So I don't really get acne from using gear, but I however get ingrown hair big zits after a haircut or a shave. For example, a day after a haircut (a basic buzz) I get fat bumps on the back of neck that peak within a week....and after I shave under my neck I get like one of two of these. I shave with the grain and I do not get the back of neck shaved just buzzed.
    What can I do to prevent this.
    I used an abrasive sponge and wipe down with rubbing alcohol daily (for the most part).
    OTC meds don't do squat bc its just a hair trapped under my skin making a cystic like zit.
    I'll use a slin pin to stab them if it gets that bad and then sure enough the hair comes through and its gone in a day or two.

Brewster is offline Member
    https://www.pfbvanish.com

ACtually works

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    that was fast. Thanks man. Any idea how long 4 ounces would last?

just got it for 13$ on amazon. we'll see how this works. Thanks again bud.

it works pretty well.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by davesah1 View Post
    it works pretty well.
    That's good to know. I've been using witch hazel for the same problem with some success. However, I may try this out for that price. I would think 4oz. would last quite a few.months????
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    It sounds good - I was going to suggest crushed up aspirin in a paste, but that stuff is basically the same thing dissolved with some added glycolic acid, so I would not be surprised if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That's good to know. I've been using witch hazel for the same problem with some success. However, I may try this out for that price. I would think 4oz. would last quite a few.months????
    honestly I apply the shit like 4 times a day after a cut or shave. It keeps like 90% of the small zits away, but the larger cystic like ones still came in although in significant less amounts and size and pain.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am glad you posted this, I have been having a problem with this after I shave my face. I have been using spot treatment with some success.

CaptainGoose is offline Junior Member
    I use a blackhead extractor tool. If I have one I'll use it a few minutes into a hot shower so my pores will open. Has one side for white heads and another side for black heads. If the hair is really short and prone to my skin healing over it I'll just pluck it out.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830 View Post
    I am glad you posted this, I have been having a problem with this after I shave my face. I have been using spot treatment with some success.
    I've just started getting these deep arse ingrown hairs and tbh they literally open up your face/neck area getting out(very sore)...

Thx for posting this as I was looking for a way to combat this problem... Usually right after a shave like Davsah was saying.... On neck and on one spot on my face which really pisses me off(if I'm able to get the in grown hair b4 it's set inside it'll pull everything out with it which is great but getting to it when it's already under the skin really makes it tough to get out w/out making pizza out if your face

Plus I need a blackhead tool(extractor)... CatainGoose is that the one where you press down around it and it gets everything out(metal tools)?
    Last edited by NACH3; 12-27-2015 at 03:09 PM.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have this problem as well. I heard of a shaving product called shave secret. It said it helps eliminate this, and it has for me accept for the rare occasion. The stuff is only a couple bucks, and available at walmarts. Its actually an oil you apply to your face like shaving cream. It works better than anything I have ever tried.

I take a very hot wet towel, and apply it to my face to help soften the hair for shaving. Then apply shave secret as directed, and it has worked great. I had a full beard in 5th grade, and have had this problem for years. I heard about this product about 6 months ago, on a radio show.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    I have this problem as well. I heard of a shaving product called shave secret. It said it helps eliminate this, and it has for me accept for the rare occasion. The stuff is only a couple bucks, and available at walmarts. Its actually an oil you apply to your face like shaving cream. It works better than anything I have ever tried.

I take a very hot wet towel, and apply it to my face to help soften the hair for shaving. Then apply shave secret as directed, and it has worked great. I had a full beard in 5th grade, and have had this problem for years. I heard about this product about 6 months ago, on a radio show.
    Thx for the reply - hell I'll check it out for sure! It only happens every once in a while but it opens my face up like a knife would :/

Thread Information