Slowhand is offline Associate Member

Accutane and Depression.

How bad does accutane mess with depression?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I took it a long time ago and I remember getting frustrated and yelling out that I would just kill myself. This is not typical of my behavior ever. I remember reading on the side effects that you might want to commit suicide and I thought it was crazy. I was able to curb it but I believe they no longer prescribe it without counselling anymore. I remember soon after 9/11 a kid flew a plane in a building and they said it was a suicide run due to his reaction to Accutane.

I never suffered from depression and I had some issues. If you suffer from depression it may be a long 6 months. Are you looking to get it prescribed or self medicate? What other Acne protocols did you try? You can take Antibiotics that can possibly clear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I took it a long time ago and I remember getting frustrated and yelling out that I would just kill myself. This is not typical of my behavior ever. I remember reading on the side effects that you might want to commit suicide and I thought it was crazy. I was able to curb it but I believe they no longer prescribe it without counselling anymore. I remember soon after 9/11 a kid flew a plane in a building and they said it was a suicide run due to his reaction to Accutane.

I never suffered from depression and I had some issues. If you suffer from depression it may be a long 6 months. Are you looking to get it prescribed or self medicate? What other Acne protocols did you try? You can take Antibiotics that can possibly clear it up.
    I've had acne since I was like 13 and I still always have a few on my face at a time. I haven't cycled in over 2 years and my hormones are gtg. I've done 3 different antibiotics over a 2 year period, retin a gel, (my face peeled like a mofo on this, I felt like a snake shedding)

I like the idea of a possible permanent solution. I'm finally starting to see sources offer this at decent price.
    Last edited by Slowhand; 10-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I took it and it's not a permanent fix. I'm actually on Antibiotics as I type this because of some chest and back acne. It's def. better than it was when I was younger but I still get acne. Accutane is a harsh substance and make sure you get your liver values checked. You will peel on Accutane as well and your lips and ears will be so dry it will drive you insane. My lips are still dry and I always need Chapstick.

My acne has actually been really good since I got out of the military. I just moved recently to a warm humid climate, so maybe that's what causing it. I have also been having sinus issues lately too, so maybe allergies?

Thread Information