Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By smeeto

Thread: Body hair facts for beginners

superflyanimal is offline Junior Member

Body hair facts for beginners

Hi,

Just a quick question because there are no stickies about it. All the bodybuilders and fitness models don't have any body hair and I presume they aren't genetically like that to begin with. They never seem to have any stubble if they shave, or maybe they just shave the day before videos and photo shoots?

I am quite hairy all over (legs, chest abs), though I would just use a trimmer to shorten the hair on my chest and abs. What are the ways for hair loss for those new to the game? Is it just shaving and hair removal cream? I've tried both shaving and hair removal cream, but I'm always left with stubble, or it only lasts a few days.

What's the secret to a smooth body that lasts? Or is there even a secret? Lol. I'm interested in becoming a fitness model down the line, but could I even qualify as one, due my fuzzal disposition.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    I'm interested in this, too. I've tried a few creams, too, that always gave me either 50% results or chemical burns. It's been at least 10 years since I've tried a cream; perhaps they've improved?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Laser hair removal is something I want to try. Waxing works but still not for long.

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz
    Laser hair removal is something I want to try. Waxing works but still not for long.
    I did laser in 2013,but after 7 months hair was back at the same capacity.I did 5 sessions of laser on my chest and back,now i have exact same amount of hair!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Arms I get it waxed, it gets easier after 2-3 times, hairs get weaker.

Legs, chest and basically everywhere else I just trim.

If I had back hair It would be waxed either lol

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by redz
    I've had laser hair removal. I seem more furry on cycle. Technicians say the hair folical get damaged but doesn't seem to be the case...before I could go a month and not shave legs....now every 2 weeks.

It's better then waxing IMHO but if doing a lot of cycles may not be worth the expense of touch up treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker
    I did laser in 2013,but after 7 months hair was back at the same capacity.I did 5 sessions of laser on my chest and back,now i have exact same amount of hair!
    5 is not enough. I am on my 8 or 9 and anything over 8 is considered touch up. The key is the initial few sessions. If you are not jumping off the table the first few visits, the hair is harder to remove later when growing back in thinner or so I have been told. Idk.

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    5 is not enough. I am on my 8 or 9 and anything over 8 is considered touch up. The key is the initial few sessions. If you are not jumping off the table the first few visits, the hair is harder to remove later when growing back in thinner or so I have been told. Idk.
    In fact it was IPL(Intense Pulsed Light),and it hurts like hell lol

ProStatus is offline Junior Member
    This saves me TONS of money instead of getting regularly waxed.
    http://www.amazon.com/MANGROOMER-211...mangroomer+pro
    I can trim my back hair myself, and it gets quite close!!

Obviously, you'd wax before any type of competition....but week-week...this saves me a fortune!!!!!!!

You are all very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreshmaker
    In fact it was IPL(Intense Pulsed Light),and it hurts like hell lol
    Different ppl have different tolerance for pain too. And depending on location. I was hyperventilating. Lol

Just to add....my "Mangroomer Pro" has lasted over 2.5 years......
    .....And I'm furry as fk.

smeeto is offline Junior Member
    personally, nair works fine for me. Granted, i do not compete and if i did i would probably need waxing/laster removal like everyone else is suggesting. But if you're just looking for a casual, effective solution i would recommend checking it out. FULL DISCLAIMER: DO NOT use it for removing hair downstairs, dear god trust me on that

superflyanimal is offline Junior Member
    Laser Treatment
    Is laser hair treatment expensive? How often would I have to get this done?

Hair Trimmer
    I have a trimmer, but the MANGROOMER looks better quality. It would be very time consuming having to trim my whole body and I'd have to do this once every 3 weeks I'd say. It still wouldn't give me the hairless look of some of those fitness models though, I'd have to do waxing.

Waxing
    How long would waxing last? I think someone mentioned around a month as well. The first few sessions might hurt like hell, but I reckon even if the hairs did get weaker or thinner as suggested, it would still hurt like hell, lol. I'd do it though, if required.

Quote Originally Posted by superflyanimal View Post
    Laser Treatment
    Is laser hair treatment expensive? How often would I have to get this done?

Hair Trimmer
    I have a trimmer, but the MANGROOMER looks better quality. It would be very time consuming having to trim my whole body and I'd have to do this once every 3 weeks I'd say. It still wouldn't give me the hairless look of some of those fitness models though, I'd have to do waxing.

Waxing
    How long would waxing last? I think someone mentioned around a month as well. The first few sessions might hurt like hell, but I reckon even if the hairs did get weaker or thinner as suggested, it would still hurt like hell, lol. I'd do it though, if required.
    The mangroomer extended out like 3 feet, so you can trim your back with ease. lol
    As previously mentioned, I'm super hairy, and it's still going strong after 3 years!!
    Waxing isn't cheap, and I would need it twice a month. No thanks. lol
    (Maybe in summer when lean waxing is cool, but I'd rather put the wax $ towards massage $)
    xD!

Thread Information