• 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Massage suggestions

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member

Massage suggestions

Making my first massage appointment tomorrow, I'm almost 33 and have never had a professional massage, shits embarrassing almost.

But I'm in serious need, my doctor said I'm holding a bunch of tension in my shoulders and neck and have a strained muscle in my neck, this is more than likely due to training with an injured shoulder for several years, having surgery and now developing muscles in my back and shoulders i wasn't using before. Sounds weird but my back is developing like crazy, delts are getting huge and my neck is getting thick, I've always worked these muscles but they never fully developed due to injury, now that my shoulder is 100% and not 80% detached lol i feel and notice a major difference...but back to my question

What would be a good massage to get, there are so many options and i honestly have no fucking clue what would be best as far as being beneficial for what we do as athletes. Deep tissue? Hot stone? Reflexology? All of the above? Haha I'm lost

Ended up getting a deep tissue massage, definitely gonna make that a weekly thing!!!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If you have sports massage therapists over there seek one out.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I use the massage therapist at my Chiro.
    If you have good health insurance it may even be covered.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Traditional Chinese full body massage is my choice. If you find a real knowledgeable person get the cupping of the back and shoulders. It really makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    If you have sports massage therapists over there seek one out.
    I was looking into one and found a really great place, going to book an appointment next week, massge felt great yesterday but today I'm tight and am having weird spasms now. I think a sports massage clinic is definitely what i need

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Traditional Chinese full body massage is my choice. If you find a real knowledgeable person get the cupping of the back and shoulders. It really makes a difference.
    This is something I'm interested in too, as well as acupuncture. Just not sure what exactly to look for to make sure i get the right person

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    This is something I'm interested in too, as well as acupuncture. Just not sure what exactly to look for to make sure i get the right person
    Combine that with either chiro or osteopathic spinal manipulation. I don't know how any weight lifter doesn't do it routinely. I have a staff doc a work adjust me regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Combine that with either chiro or osteopathic spinal manipulation. I don't know how any weight lifter doesn't do it routinely. I have a staff doc a work adjust me regularly.
    I see my chiro from time to time for adjustments but its been awhile, I'm going to look into all these options and see how i can do a few a few times a month in the very least. After yesterday i can't believe i hadn't done it before i was super loose, today eh loose but having spasms, didn't realize how tight my neck and back and shoulders were until now, going to get a workout in soon and see how much a difference it makes being loose like this

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I typically get a massage then get adjusted/manipulated right after. Helps me adjust better and last until I can get treated again. Even though we have DO's and Chiros, it's hard to make time for myself. Lol

Thread Information