xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member

Acne help going to Dermatologist Thurs!!

Ok here we go I have read a bunch of the threads on the acne solutions I am going for a dermatologist appt Thurs and want to get as much scripts of the best things possible.

1. I know accutane is #1 but my acne is not to severe just persistent on by chest and arms just as it goes away the next morning there is more to piss you off. I am worried if I asked for it the doc will say no any suggestions on how to get it out of him/her
    2. What's the skinny on the minnocycline? is it worth getting will it make my teeth yellow or is this just the tetracycline will it lessen the effect of my Var?
    3 What kind of cream or gel should I get I am leaning towards Retin-A.

any other brand/names would be helpful too.

Fellows help me out and throw as many experiences and thoughts this way cause Thurs is right around the corner.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i'd go with tetracycline for a pill if your ane isn't that bad. i've tried EVERYTHING and the only thing that really worked for me was accutane, a far as a cream retin-a is the best imo
    --hawk

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Give us more background info. What have you tried in the past? Cleansers (what type), supplements (B5), tanning....

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    thanks for the help guys this was posted a week ago not to many people looking in the Spa these days. anyways started on Retin-A and doxycycline 100mg a night and already most of the acne is gone. IMO B5 sucks it made my acne worse and yes tanning helps me too.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremesport14
    IMO B5 sucks it made my acne worse
    It did the same for me initially, but it improved over time. IMO B5 is a good supplement to start taking 1-2 months before the start of a cycle.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i think accutane is the ONLY way to go, but that is just my opinion...i personally hate ant-biotics for acne....they usually irritate my stomach lining and are not very effectice

JonnyO is offline New Member
    Is Retin-A OTC?

aristoniki is offline Female Member
    ive tried a lotof things..and iduno birthcontrol really helped me out..but it does make u have really weird cravings

Thread Information